No Time To Die: Production Diary

1215621572159216121622583

Comments

  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 3,621
    RC7 wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I agree, if they’ve been courting Burns, he was aware of were they were and what they were not happy with; he did not have cold start.

    Very much agree. Sounds like a polish or slight overhaul rather than a complete re/write

    There’s no way it’s a page 1 rewrite. There will be sections they feel they’ve not cracked. Sometimes these issues just need fresh eyes to find a way through. Again, it’s difficult to understand for anyone who has never put pen to paper, but easy to assume it’s a simple thing - like cooking an egg.

    Having just finished a page 1 rewrite of a personal project that had someone else's name on the first draft, I can agree with this wholeheartedly.
  • edited February 20 Posts: 2,303
    Denbigh wrote: »
    So @Shardlake I've tried to do some colour-correction editing with one of the Matera images to see what it could look like. I've tried to give it the Istanbul, Turkey vibe from Skyfall, although I'll probably never be able to recreate the beauty of that film :D

    fpbceo.jpg

    That's a great shot. I wonder how it would look in action. I attempted to see how it could look with a Bondian context.

    39qzx3ghymh21.png
  • I really like how that looks, @Denbigh and @AgentJamesBond007

    Perfect scenery for any type of chase.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 8,670
    Needs much more yellow. And less people.
  • Posts: 7,251
    Interesting
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 8,670
    @AgentJamesBond007 That pic with Dan looks great - it's spiking my excitement levels. Remaining positive that B25 will be a colourful, epic adventure.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    Posts: 52
    I was thinking a little bit of liberties with Matera and it might make a good double for Spectre Island
  • edited February 20 Posts: 2,303
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 110th birthday
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 9,876
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 100th birthday
    Interesting. Seems like something I would want to capitalize if I were them.
  • edited February 20 Posts: 2,303
    jake24 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 100th birthday
    Interesting. Seems like something I would want to capitalize if I were them.

    It was a typo. It would be his 110th birthday.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 9,876
    jake24 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    This date makes a lot of sense as well because April 5th would be Cubby Broccoli’s 100th birthday
    Interesting. Seems like something I would want to capitalize if I were them.

    It was a typo. It would be his 110th birthday.
    Ah. Still worth a mention. Reminds me of when they focused on the "50 years to the day since Connery was announced to play Bond" at the SF press conference.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 3,179
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    Posts: 35
    --
    FoxRox wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

    lol. If you scroll up you can see my original message. Shout out to the guy who quoted me on twitter though.

    So the press conference will be on April 5th which is a Friday

    If the filming starts April 5, wouldn’t the conference be at least a day before?

    For Bond25 press conference, April 1 could be funny
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 20 Posts: 3,481
    TripAces wrote: »
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.

    I pointed this out some time back but it was mostly ignored. Certain members were so wrapped up in their who could be Bond next posts.

    They were slagging DC off, saying if can't hack it then he should quit.

    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who.

    I commented that no other Bond has ever had to face down the intrusion and criticism he has because of the internet and the likes of Cavill and Turner wouldn't have clue what was coming if they ever got the job.
  • Posts: 912
    When Boyle was fired/stepped down, wasn’t it reported that he didn’t agree with Craig’s insistence to kill off Bond?
    Mi6’s recent report confirms that their plan was to kill off Bond but do you think that Boyle ultimately disagreed with this, or couldn’t find a suitable way to crack it? Craig is still onboard and it was rumoured from very early on (before Boyle’s involvement) that Craig was influenced by Logan to return to do one last Bond.

    Whether or not they go through with it, this does go to show that Craig has somewhat of a stranglehold on the franchise. He has been great but I do look forward to him stepping down.
  • edited February 20 Posts: 19,339
    As I have said before,if they kill off Bond then i'm not ever watching this film and will ignore it.
    An absolutely bloody stupid idea that shouldn't even be considered.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 3,481
    TR007 wrote: »
    When Boyle was fired/stepped down, wasn’t it reported that he didn’t agree with Craig’s insistence to kill off Bond?
    Mi6’s recent report confirms that their plan was to kill off Bond but do you think that Boyle ultimately disagreed with this, or couldn’t find a suitable way to crack it? Craig is still onboard and it was rumoured from very early on (before Boyle’s involvement) that Craig was influenced by Logan to return to do one last Bond.

    Whether or not they go through with it, this does go to show that Craig has somewhat of a stranglehold on the franchise. He has been great but I do look forward to him stepping down.

    A lot of what gets attributed to DC is never confirmed, the press have been out for him from the get go.

    I'm not saying he's made all good decisions, although I think some of what he is supposedly responsible for comes from rumours and the tabloid press.

    He doesn't confirm or deny a lot of what is said about, I don't think he can be bothered.

    It's like when he was said to have asked for huge pay to reprise his role as Mikhael Blomvist in the Dragon Tatoo sequels.

    I have my doubts that was the case. I also think the control he has on these films is also blown out proportion.

    The amount people are willing to believe from other sources amazes me.

    Look we'll find out with the next guy if Daniel was the problem. If the films become more regular and the other issues are not evident that some like to bitch about. Although till then a good deal of it is mere speculation and rumours to what he is or isn't responsible for.

    I think he's become the punch bag for some fans to take out their frustrations on and a good deal of it is never confirmed to be his doing.
  • Posts: 352
    Shardlake wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.

    I pointed this out some time back but it was mostly ignored. Certain members were so wrapped up in their who could be Bond next posts.

    They were slagging DC off, saying if can't hack it then he should quit.

    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who.

    I commented that no other Bond has ever had to face down the intrusion and criticism he has because of the internet and the likes of Cavill and Turner wouldn't have clue what was coming if they ever got the job.

    You’re so right, Cavill hasn’t been in a high profile role where the franchise got nigh-endless criticism. You’d have to be Superman to handle that.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 20 Posts: 3,481
    MooreFun wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.

    I pointed this out some time back but it was mostly ignored. Certain members were so wrapped up in their who could be Bond next posts.

    They were slagging DC off, saying if can't hack it then he should quit.

    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who.

    I commented that no other Bond has ever had to face down the intrusion and criticism he has because of the internet and the likes of Cavill and Turner wouldn't have clue what was coming if they ever got the job.

    You’re so right, Cavill hasn’t been in a high profile role where the franchise got nigh-endless criticism. You’d have to be Superman to handle that.

    I'm afraid there is no other role in cinema history like Bond it's unprecedented.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 3,469
    MooreFun wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    All of this reminds me: Daniel Craig was / is the first Social Media Bond. It isn’t exactly an enviable position for him.

    I pointed this out some time back but it was mostly ignored. Certain members were so wrapped up in their who could be Bond next posts.

    They were slagging DC off, saying if can't hack it then he should quit.

    Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who.

    I commented that no other Bond has ever had to face down the intrusion and criticism he has because of the internet and the likes of Cavill and Turner wouldn't have clue what was coming if they ever got the job.

    You’re so right, Cavill hasn’t been in a high profile role where the franchise got nigh-endless criticism. You’d have to be Superman to handle that.

    Sometimes a tent pole is just a block of wood. ;)
  • Posts: 7,251
    Again if Cavill were cast as Bond number 7 I wouldn't mind at all I would prefer Hardy Hiddleston or Fassbender but still
  • Posts: 394
    I think Cavill has gotten better as an actor over the past few years. EON will never hire him, though -- he's too associated with other franchises (Superman, Mission Impossible).
  • Posts: 111
    Henry Cavill would have been a good choice but he is already associated with two Hollywood film franchises. Stop thinking in popular actors like Tom Hardy or Tom Hiddleston. The next actor will be younger and low profile.
  • Posts: 1,031
    The past (EON going with lower profile actors) will not necessarily influence the future.
  • Posts: 691
    Shardlake wrote: »

    The amount people are willing to believe from other sources amazes me.

    Look we'll find out with the next guy if Daniel was the problem. If the films become more regular and the other issues are not evident that some like to bitch about. Although till then a good deal of it is mere speculation and rumours to what he is or isn't responsible for.

    I think he's become the punch bag for some fans to take out their frustrations on and a good deal of it is never confirmed to be his doing.
    That's what's really turned me off in this thread is the clinging to what some "insider" has to say as gospel or at least a quick fix. Every Thursday it seems like without fail somebody will anticipate if "Baz" has some tidbit to share. I understand the man has broken some things in the past, but the instant gratification need is just nuts.

    I think the worst part was a year ago when they were hanging onto some Reddit contributor's ramblings.

    Craig has helped bring the series to new heights during his tenure, so I'm pretty grateful for his contributions to the series. Who knows what is true and isn't in this mass media age.


  • edited February 20 Posts: 3,724
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Craig has helped bring the series to new heights during his tenure, so I'm pretty grateful for his contributions to the series. Who knows what is true and isn't in this mass media age.

    That’s very true. Interesting part is that I was never very interested in the feuds and difficulties of past productions. Even during my lifetime. So this is all symptomatic of this day and age and the longing for instantaneous nourishment, which lends itself to a continious cry. We must all strive to better handle frustration and angst. They - the producers - have the real weight on their shoulders, not us. We’re just here to be taken for a ride. In the future we’ll have a laught about it all, as if we have grown from this experience. Come the conference, we’ll all be giddy and forgetful of past silences. That being said, I haven’t been here for a while, Is something confirmed about starting dates? I know no one has spoken of a press momentum, so, anything new? And, if not, that’s actually cool ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Posts: 13,622
    Daniel Craig to star in Todd Field’s The Creed of Violence

    http://collider.com/daniel-craig-todd-field-the-creed-of-violence/

    Set in 1910 during the Mexican Revolution, The Creed of Violence follows an assassin named Rawbone (Craig) and a young government agent named John Lourdes as they travel from Texas to Mexico to stop a smuggling ring.
  • Posts: 9,289
    Daniel Craig to star in Todd Field’s The Creed of Violence

    http://collider.com/daniel-craig-todd-field-the-creed-of-violence/

    Set in 1910 during the Mexican Revolution, The Creed of Violence follows an assassin named Rawbone (Craig) and a young government agent named John Lourdes as they travel from Texas to Mexico to stop a smuggling ring.

    I’m a little surprised to see Craig immediately wants to tackle something else after Bond 25.
  • Daniel Craig to star in Todd Field’s The Creed of Violence

    http://collider.com/daniel-craig-todd-field-the-creed-of-violence/

    Set in 1910 during the Mexican Revolution, The Creed of Violence follows an assassin named Rawbone (Craig) and a young government agent named John Lourdes as they travel from Texas to Mexico to stop a smuggling ring.

    Todd Field is also the writer/director of the Purity series that Craig was/is attached to.
  • Posts: 9,289
    I actually first saw/knew of Todd Field from his role in Eyes Wide Shut. I wanted to check out his directorial work sometime. Hopefully this new work with Craig will be good!

    I digress. I suppose Craig just wants to stay busy lately. He did just do Knives Out, has Bond 25 up now, then will be going to this new project. I don’t think he did any movies between SF and SP.
Sign In or Register to comment.