No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Ides of March, indeed, @ggl007

So the March the 15th is the date we will know everything. Lol

I didn't mean to be literal. I actually think that what @ggl007 is suggesting will come slightly before the 15th (press conference? something else? Both?).
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I didn't mean to be literal. I actually think that what @ggl007 is suggesting will come slightly before the 15th (press conference? something else? Both?).

Haha I know I was saying that tongue in cheek
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland

I'm actually not a fan of the tux though he does look good... it's very 70's... perhaps they'll go with a DAF vibe for B25 (hope not!)
    Univex wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »

(On a sidenote, we should bring Greg Williams back to take photographs of B25. I wasn't crazy about Rankin's work in Spectre)

Greg Williams is the best, no doubt. Lovely picture, lovely couple. I wasn't crazy about Rankin's work either, not if I compare it with the previous entries done by Williams - filled with iconic, straight to cinema history photos. And Craig seemed to have more trust and a good relationship with Williams, bringing his own Leica with him and even photographing Williams himself (as he did on the boat in SF, with Berenice).

If anyone wants to start a Go Fund Me to build a time travel device for Williams to go back and create photography books for every Bond film, let me know. I'll totally chip in! I'd love to see him back for Bond 25!

Does anyone know why he didn't do the SP photo book?

Because he didn’t work on Spectre. He got replaced by Rankin.

Well, yes, I understand that. I'm asking if anyone knows why.

Ah, I read it as why he didn’t work on solely the book as compared to doing shooting behind the scenes/publicity photos. I don’t think anyone knows why for sure except Rankin, Williams, and EON.

Oh, I see ;) I hope it was a scheduling conflict, a logistics matter. And that he'll be back for this one.
    Am I the only one who finds Rachel’s latex top a bit tacky?

Don’t talk about my future wife that way

Did you talk to my brotha
    DoctorNo wrote: »

I'm actually not a fan of the tux though he does look good... it's very 70's... perhaps they'll go with a DAF vibe for B25 (hope not!)

I really, really, really hope not :)
  • peter wrote: »

The Press Conference may be this Thursday, February 28th or next Thursday, March 7th.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Jack_Wade wrote: »

The Press Conference may be this Thursday, February 28th or next Thursday, March 7th.

We throwing darts at a dartboard or is this just rumors
  • Jack_Wade wrote: »

Do we have a reliable source for this?
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    They can't call a press conference for February 28, on such short notice. They would only get the London journalists.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    DoctorNo wrote: »

The tux looks more like one of Tom Ford’s signature styles instead of having it in the usual shawl collar, thin bow tie Craig Bond style
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Gaga won for the song (co-win with the other songwriters). I really don't want to be resigned to her singing the title song for Bond 25 though. I just don't like her; never have. But she surely must be a top contender since EON really seems to always want a currently popular singer.

Based on popularity the clear choice would be US singer Ariana Grande. Currently number one and number two in the UK top 40 singles chart. Her album is number one in the album chart. It's hard to imagine any current singer more popular with the streaming music generation. Ed Sheeran is the male equivalent but I hope he isn't chosen!

I feel like Ariana would be a better choice for 26 and a new, younger Bond. Let Adele play Craig off the stage, I feel safe he’d agree.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Ok my dart hit the 14th

@peter “but today’s the 13th Commander”

Quiet you
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Risico007 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Ok my dart hit the 14th

@peter “but today’s the 13th Commander”

Quiet you

Marc-Ange, I do believe.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,730
    I am still young so I do not feel I have an authority on the matter however, on a pre production level, which other bond films were as crazy as B25’s preproduction.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I am still young so I do not feel I have an authority on the matter however, on a pre production level, which other bond films were as crazy as B25’s preproduction.

The obvious answer would be GoldenEye
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834

While "crazy" yes, not so much in the bad sense of the word. I actually think Spectre was way more problematic. If you think about it, the problems with Spectre were for the worst...

They weren't happy with the material being handed in by John Logan, and when they finally nailed down the main threads, it got leaked so they had to change it. This also meant that they were re-writing the film as they were shooting, admitted by Mendes himself, which probably disheartened him somewhat, and therefore what we got in the final result was thoroughly disappointing to a lot of us. The film was damaged by the craziness of it's pre-production.

Now Bond 25 on the other hand, while having "problems", they've been for the better. They didn't agree with what Boyle and Hodge wanted to do, so they left/got fired. Who knows? They then hire a new (outstanding) director who has excited a lot of people, and are obviously happy with what he wants to do. They've then gotten a draft from P&W, which they felt needed more work, so brought on an extremely skilled and successful scriptwriter to come do some rewrites, which we know is building off the draft given by P&W so they obviously still have faith in it, and production is getting ready to begin, with the script probably all finished and dusted before filming begins. This film seems its going to greatly benefit from it's pre-production.

...and I can't wait to hear more :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Tomorrow Never Dies had a problematic production.
    Writers coming and going. Script being written on a daily basis. An early cut of the film had a lot more Paris Carver, but it didn’t test well with test audiences.
    The truth is all the Bond films have their issues. It’s not smooth sailing from day one of shooting till the end of shoot.
    Script changes,, location changes. Even actor changes. Bond 25 may seem like a troubled production. But in reality, it’s more like situation normal.
  • tqbtqb

Spectre had a horrible preproduction- Sony meddling with the script, Sony leaks, etc.
    It's quite interesting to read the leaked Sony emails throughout the preproduction process and see how the script changed
    And the fact Mendes nearly walked
    tqb wrote: »

Spectre had a horrible preproduction- Sony meddling with the script, Sony leaks, etc.
    It's quite interesting to read the leaked Sony emails throughout the preproduction process and see how the script changed

Was the script better or worse by the end?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Getafix wrote: »

The final outcome was worse, imo. There were three slightly different scripts, and each had solid ideas, scenes and a lot of reasonings behind them, which the film itself lacked.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

The final outcome was worse, imo. There were three slightly different scripts, and each had solid ideas, scenes and a lot of reasonings behind them, which the film itself lacked.
    I was so disappointed when I watched the film and saw that they had cut the dinner/poker scene. I think I was excited to see that more than anything else :(
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Denbigh wrote: »

I was so disappointed when I watched the film and saw that they had cut the dinner/poker scene. I think I was excited to see that more than anything else :(
    Not to mention, the nano technology in the blood stream angle being explained, Blofeld making far more sense in the earliest draft (while being terribly ill) and tying Bond to a solar furnace. The PTS involving more of GoldenEye style spying, Bond sneaking into an abandoned school instead and eavesdropping on mercenaries. A commando gear with a business suit underneath. We should have had a lot of those.
  • tqbtqb

I think worse.... There were a lot of good ideas... I think the Bond creators always have a pool of good ideas though, unfortunately they were put together in a weird way.

At one point Blofeld was a woman, another point he was an African warlord.

A lot of the Sony leaked emails are studio execs saying "I want this... I want that.." and then Babs and the team having a back and forth with new scripts including the changes that the studio heads wanted... for better or worse.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

• Am I right or wrong that Fukunaga named AVTAK as his favorite Bond film?

It can't be coincidence that Lupita Nyong'o is being wooed for this one, then? He wants his own May Day.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Denbigh wrote: »

Also, here's a piece of concept art of this very scene! They were gonna do it!

KqGGFs1.jpg
    Am I right or wrong that Fukunaga named AVTAK as his favorite Bond film?

It can't be coincidence that Lupita Nyong'o is being wooed for this one, then? He wants his own May Day.
    I would love to see this happen. I've been waiting too long for a proper henchwoman :)
    From the things I heard about from the earlier scripts (parkour on skis!!!), they seemed to have cut out so many of the best ideas for the final product. Really frustrating.
    On paper spectre was the best bond film. The problem was it didn't translate to the final film. The problem wasn't the plot the action was just too boring and orchestrated
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Is there a way I can read the early scripts? I already know about most of this but I'd love to actually read it.