No Time To Die: Production Diary

1215321542156215821592583

Comments

  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 210
    It would be great if they gave us some information about the new film, casting, the title or something just to settle any nerves down about the project
  • Posts: 7,251
    Well unless I am way off my base (which before everyone jumps at me at April 1st I might just be) we will learn most if not all of those thing next month. I still believe the press conference is either March 1st or the 4th but that is a guess not any inside info..

    Regardless we will all know things soon my hope is we all love the info given. Personally if Bond 25 is The Hildebrand Rarity I don’t care that we had this many false starts and no games to tide us over... what can I say it’s my favorite Fleming title (I choose my user name because I firmly believe before I die I will see a bond film titled Risico not so much with The Hildebrand Rarity)
  • Posts: 9,536
    Aside from that tweet awhile back is there any other confirmation that the start date has been pushed back, or is it still set at March 4th regardless?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 19 Posts: 2,109
    Again @doubleoego, I don't really know what you want. Actually, scratch that I know what you want, I just don't see your point about "no other film studio/production company are being this obsessively secretive and closed off." Because that's completely wrong.

    The only studios that aren't as secretive are Marvel and DC, so I'll explain this again, they can do this because they have so many films, TV shows and so on under their belt, that they can pretty much give us announcements or updates every goddamn today. Again, James Bond is one property and one film, if they gave us stuff at the same rate as Marvel or DC, we'd have nothing left to talk about when the film comes out.

    This is why they have the press conference, which no other studio does. No other studio has one day where they give us all the important information we need to know, before going off to film. Also, we get videoblogs and press release all once filming's start, and filming hasn't started, so you're asking for too much, too early. I get what you're asking for, but it doesn't work for what Eon Productions is and will always be. An independent studio that deals with one property of one property only.
  • Posts: 598
    For my money, I wager there won't be a movie called The Hildebrand Rarity. Think of the big billion-dollar tentpoles we have these days: Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious, The Avengers, Ironman/Black Panther/etc., but Hildebrand Rarity just doesn't sound like a blockbuster.

    It means something to superfans, but to everyone else it sounds like a black and white art film. Further, how do you translate that title for foreign markets?

    I think we're in for more of the formula: (always/never)+(die/kill/say/sleep)+(midnight/forever/tomorrow/yesterday).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 2,109
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my money, I wager there won't be a movie called The Hildebrand Rarity. Think of the big billion-dollar tentpoles we have these days: Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious, The Avengers, Ironman/Black Panther/etc., but Hildebrand Rarity just doesn't sound like a blockbuster.

    It means something to superfans, but to everyone else it sounds like a black and white art film. Further, how do you translate that title for foreign markets?

    I think we're in for more of the formula: (always/never)+(die/kill/say/sleep)+(midnight/forever/tomorrow/yesterday).
    Plus, the name 'Hildebrand' was already used for the MI6 safe-house in London.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 19 Posts: 3,172
    After DAD Pervis and Wade always need a 3th writer.
    After complanes some fans and media about QOS vs Bourne, i am surprised there be no complanes yet about this Bourne Ultimatum writer.

    So mabey finaly Dominic Greene words get green light / going to live with Eon hiring this writer.

    I like the mirror ending of Contagion. I like ocean'13 more then Ocean'12.

    My second view of Bourne Ultimatum in 2016 whas litle bit better then my first view in 2011. When i look back to my litle review from 2011 then i whas even about the disapointed humor with both movies (Bourne 2 & 3), but lucky we stil have P&W for that. Ultimatum have more action, more and easier dialgue and better mixed sound in music then Bourne 2. Soundmix of Spectre in cinema whas a lot better then Skyfall. Ultimatum has more flaschbacks and better interaction with the girl. What some people claimd to Bourne 2 and QOS (i a disagree with ) i see more in this one is more camera problems and story part of Bourne 2 is better. I always see this as problem that happend because the movie whas released with to much time in between, whyle you get almoost simalar movie. A problem i also think happend between TDK and TDKR / SF and Spectre. Of course i hint to almoost 5 years break between Spectre and Bond 25.

    Intresting will happend with difrence between Bond and Bourne in the fact that Bourne knows what he doing in Ultimatum, whyle Bond has tricker finger more like Bourne have in Bourne 2.

    I always believe that Bond tricker finger will be reloaded some day.
  • Posts: 598
    Denbigh wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my money, I wager there won't be a movie called The Hildebrand Rarity. Think of the big billion-dollar tentpoles we have these days: Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious, The Avengers, Ironman/Black Panther/etc., but Hildebrand Rarity just doesn't sound like a blockbuster.

    It means something to superfans, but to everyone else it sounds like a black and white art film. Further, how do you translate that title for foreign markets?

    I think we're in for more of the formula: (always/never)+(die/kill/say/sleep)+(midnight/forever/tomorrow/yesterday).
    Plus, the name 'Hildebrand' was already used for the MI6 safe-house in London.

    I don't really see that as a disqualifier. (And again, I doubt anyone but superfans noticed or registered that.)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 19 Posts: 15,423
    octofinger wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    For my money, I wager there won't be a movie called The Hildebrand Rarity. Think of the big billion-dollar tentpoles we have these days: Mission Impossible, Fast and Furious, The Avengers, Ironman/Black Panther/etc., but Hildebrand Rarity just doesn't sound like a blockbuster.

    It means something to superfans, but to everyone else it sounds like a black and white art film. Further, how do you translate that title for foreign markets?

    I think we're in for more of the formula: (always/never)+(die/kill/say/sleep)+(midnight/forever/tomorrow/yesterday).
    Plus, the name 'Hildebrand' was already used for the MI6 safe-house in London.
    I don't really see that as a disqualifier. (And again, I doubt anyone but superfans noticed or registered that.)
    In the age of internet where people can reach out to information in many ways, there’s always YouTube for a user to post that out while breaking down the movie in details. People who are seriously invested into the film as fans (not necessarily Bond fans) will look into those study videos and notice them later on. Not on their first viewing of the film, perhaps, but they will learn one way or another should The Hildebrand Rarity be used in a continuity of the current era. They will find it out of place unless there’s a damn good reason behind it.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Posts: 1,726
    FourDot wrote: »
    Sorry to say but the fan base isn't what makes a film succeed or fail, it's the interest of the general audience. 95% of members here will front up for B25 in theatres no matter what EoN does or doesn't do, that's not who they have to work on.

    Most members of the GA have an interest level of "Is Idris the new Bond?" to "Are they doing another one?" to "Whatever." at this point

    I honestly think if EON could up their PR, and make some bold choices (casting an unconventional Bond actor) a new movie could garner tons more attention.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Posts: 656
    I'm perfectly happy with EON playing their cards close to the chest. In this day and age we can't help but spoil films for ourselves before they are even released.

    To be honest I would be quite happy if all we found out in the press conference (assuming there will be one) was the title.

    As much as I have maligned the latter part of Craig's era, and the man himself I really hope Fukanaga and co can give him a send off as rousing as his debut.
  • Posts: 7,251
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
  • Posts: 1,031
    Another delay is frustrating. However, I'd rather they get it right then rush something. But then again, here we are 3.5 years after the last film and they don't even have a script ready? It's ridiculous and unprofessional to be at this point.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 544
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?

    I think that's what happened with Forster. EON gave him too much carte blanche it turned far too artsy. Now they learnt the lesson and that's why they put a stop to Boyle's ideas, which resulted in him leaving the project.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 544
    Roadphill wrote: »
    I'm perfectly happy with EON playing their cards close to the chest. In this day and age we can't help but spoil films for ourselves before they are even released.

    To be honest I would be quite happy if all we found out in the press conference (assuming there will be one) was the title.

    As much as I have maligned the latter part of Craig's era, and the man himself I really hope Fukanaga and co can give him a send off as rousing as his debut.

    I think all the unfortunate leaking of the SPECTRE script caused them to change stuff (dialogues, scenes, executions) that resulted in the third act being uninteresting. There are quite a few things from the original drafts that I preferred (Bond confronting C and not M, more dialogue referenced to Vesper to understand why Bond needed Madeleine, etc). But I guess EON felt blown after the leak and they had to reshape a few things to give us "a surprise".

    So, now I quite get their lack of communication. I daresay they don't even send themselves the scripts via mail now and they all (MGW, BB, Fukunaga, Universal, Annapurna, MGM, Craig, P&W, Burns) just get together to discuss anything related to the story.
  • Posts: 535
    Roadphill wrote: »
    I'm perfectly happy with EON playing their cards close to the chest. In this day and age we can't help but spoil films for ourselves before they are even released.

    To be honest I would be quite happy if all we found out in the press conference (assuming there will be one) was the title.

    This.

    I know it's frustrating. But in an era with such a deluge of information about movies before we see them, where the experience is as much about what happens on your laptop in the preceding months as what happens on the screen in the actual cinema -- not knowing a thing about Bond 25 is a welcome change.

    The discontent right now is to be expected. We're all fans, we want this as soon as possible, and on the B25 road we've been particular "drip-teased" -- we've thought we were in motion a few times, only to have the rug pulled out. The fanbase is understandably sensitive. And for the particularly hardcore folks who post on forums like these, perhaps even more so.

    But look. This all goes away the second they have the press release. EON knows that, and knows the importance of maximizing the impact of that announcement -- for eyeballs, for inspiration, for hype. They don't "owe" us anything now.

    The smartest play is to say as little as possible until the opportune moment where saying it will have the greatest impact.

    And then after that moment, we'll hear precisely the opposite complaints. There's a deluge of information. Set reports. Spoilers. "We know too much!" The standard run-up to a Bond film where the fans are able to piece together the entire film's structure based on leaks and trailers, to the point where you're utterly unsurprised by even the biggest of plot twists.

    This moment certainly isn't pleasant. But I'm trying to enjoy it for what it is.

  • Posts: 535
    Remington wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    At this rate QOS will end up being the most conventional Bond film of Craig's tenure.

    It actually has a lot of traditional elements to it. Took a while for me to realize it.

    QOS is really underrated for that. SPECTRE, too.
  • Posts: 3,823
    I'm struggling to see the connection between a previous hack and how they market themselves in the present. If you want to prevent another hack, you invest in better data security. How is that related to marketing/PR?
  • Posts: 7,251
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?

    That the title was never going to be used and then it was
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 3,179
    patb wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see the connection between a previous hack and how they market themselves in the present. If you want to prevent another hack, you invest in better data security. How is that related to marketing/PR?

    I think the problem was that too much of the story had been leaked and that Blofeld's identity was already out there. Would SP have had a stronger impact if the Blofeld reveal was a complete surprise? Maybe. (But EON might have also been kidding themselves in thinking audiences weren't going to figure out that Waltz was playing Blofeld.)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Posts: 544
    TripAces wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see the connection between a previous hack and how they market themselves in the present. If you want to prevent another hack, you invest in better data security. How is that related to marketing/PR?

    I think the problem was that too much of the story had been leaked and that Blofeld's identity was already out there. Would SP have had a stronger impact if the Blofeld reveal was a complete surprise? Maybe. (But EON might have also been kidding themselves in thinking audiences weren't going to figure out that Waltz was playing Blofeld.)

    Perhaps. In fact they should have framed Denbigh as the leading villain, as just another SPECTRE agent and then -surprise- Waltz is Blofeld! But still, kinda hard to achieve in the days of globalization.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    I'm struggling to see the connection between a previous hack and how they market themselves in the present. If you want to prevent another hack, you invest in better data security. How is that related to marketing/PR?

    I think the problem was that too much of the story had been leaked and that Blofeld's identity was already out there. Would SP have had a stronger impact if the Blofeld reveal was a complete surprise? Maybe. (But EON might have also been kidding themselves in thinking audiences weren't going to figure out that Waltz was playing Blofeld.)

    Perhaps. In fact they should have framed Denbigh as the leading villain, as just another SPECTRE agent and then -surprise- Waltz is Blofeld! But still, kinda hard to achieve in the days of globalization.

    Even if the story framed Denbigh as the leading villain before the reveal, the world still would've known because of the leaks. I would've preferred if Oberhauser wasn't the leader of Blofeld after all and just a top operative, with the real Number 1 being in the shadows the entire time.
  • edited February 19 Posts: 3,322
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.
  • Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    That's certainly noteworthy, thanks @Pierce2Daniel. 5th April isn't as bad of a delay as some others may have predicted, just a month after the previously known production start date. It'll give time for Burns to complete his changes to the script and the cast to get to rehearse, the crew a little more time to prepare to make B25 as great of a film as possible.
  • Posts: 111
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?

    That the title was never going to be used and then it was

    Some Bond Fans say that Ian Fleming's titles, like "007 In New York" or "The Hildebrand Rarity" can not be used for a movie today. Because they're not commercial titles. But if EON used "Quantum Of Solace", which is the most complicated of all, so of course yes...yes they can use any of those that are available from Fleming.

    The title is important, it's one of the first thing that catches the attention and engages with the public when it's promoted. But the most important thing is the content of the story, it's the script, the plot. Think about the public of the 60's when they heard that the next Bond movie was titled "From Russia With Love" or "The Spy Who Loved Me" or "For Your Eyes Only". Those are titles heard for a movie with a romantic content and not action or adventure movie and much less for a movie of a spy.

    What I want to say is that don't be afraid if EON uses "007 In New York" in the future. We've seen it all, the biggest risk they did with "Quantum Of Solace" that in some non-English speaking countries the title was not translated.

    My proposal is that "BOND 25" will be titled "The Property Of A Lady" and even that title some people don't like it.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,309
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    At this point, this makes the most sense. How long will it be though before that date becomes May 5th, or June 5th, and so in and so forth?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Posts: 15,423
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hey we all said the same thing about Quantum of solace and look what happened
    What did we say about Quantum of Solace?

    That the title was never going to be used and then it was
    The only difference between Quantum and Hildebrand is that Quantum was not mentioned or used in any capacity in a prior film. Hildebrand is used as the name of that safe house. Already made a point out of it up there. In a Craig era continuity, it will not be used, because it won’t make any sense unless they go out of their way to announce SP is non-canonical. Otherwise, if it’s set in another continuity, I don’t see why it can’t be used.
  • Posts: 7,251
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not in the 'scoop' game and this is fairly logical anyway. But...through a friend I've been able to meet a girl who works at Pinewood (something to do with a production guild).

    She's told me about the Cats production which was shooting there. Apparently, it's gonna involve partially live-action/partially CGI costumes (sounds pretty bad to me) but she seems optimistic.

    Anyway, she has access to Pinewood's schedule and confirmed to me that filming on Bond 25 begins April 5th 2019. Apparently, no information is listed regarding shooting locations which she says is unusual. She says she should know a lot more once shooting begins.

    I have no reason to think she's lying. I've seen photos of her at Pinewood and she couldn't give a shit about Bond 25, she only checked because I asked.

    At this point, this makes the most sense. How long will it be though before that date becomes May 5th, or June 5th, and so in and so forth?

    who knows I am still having fun
  • Posts: 9,289
    We’ll see. April 5 sounds logical right now, but we don’t know if it will get pushed again or not. Depends on how happy they are with whatever Burns turns in I suppose. I hope this will finally convince them to not bring back P&W, as they always end up having to find and pay more outside writers.
Sign In or Register to comment.