No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Charlize screams villain in my eyes. A main villain who's very powerful and easy to get under your skin.
    That's sort of what she did in Fate of the Furious. Didn't think she was very good in that film, but she is a terrific actress nonetheless.
    That's why it depends on the director. That was the intended route for the character in the F&F film. But, it didn't hit the mark, like you said. With the right director, however, she certainly can.
  • @ClarkDevlin I think you could fit Charlize in any role in a Bond film and she would be brilliant. Like you said it depends on the direction that the director wants to take it, and perhaps that could be important if they want Rami as a villain in B25
    Rami as the villain and Gaga for the theme song odds just sky rocketed
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Rami as the villain and Gaga for the theme song odds just sky rocketed

Hope so. They're both suitable.
  • Daniel looks terrific. Though I'm not a fan of the bowtie - Craig doesn't suit the more eccentric wardrobe choices, he looks better when he keeps it simple. but he's clearly been eating well and hitting the gym. He's looking very similar to his appearance in Spectrein fact.

Charlize was born to play a villain in Bond. Though, her casting would be almost as obvious as Christoph Waltz's. I have my heart set on Rami Malek and Luputa Nyongo for Bond 25.

daniel-craig-e-charlize-theron-sul-palco.jpg

Hopefully post-Oscars, we get a few more stories. Perhaps even we can sub Malek if he's too busy and get Mahershala Ali? He's a fabulous actor.

10244304-6741743-Big_night_The_45_year_old_who_was_presented_with_his_Oscar_by_Da-a-227_1551082498850.jpg
    He looks even better now than he did in QOS.
    Mahershala Ali was the reason I instantly got hooked on Season 1 of Luke Cage. HE´d be great!

Not sure if I´d be too keen on Sharlize Theron. I adore her, but she would be so obvious. On the other Hand, she could easily Play triplets, one being the Bond Girl, one the villain, and the third Maybe Q´s assistant ;-).

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,690
    boldfinger wrote: »
    sure if I´d be too keen on Sharlize Theron. I adore her, but she would be so obvious. On the other Hand, she could easily Play triplets, one being the Bond Girl, one the villain, and the third Maybe Q´s assistant ;-).

Or she can play the villain, Danny DeVito can portray the Bond Girl and Arnold Schwarzenegger can be Q's assistant. All 3 being triplets, of course.
    I'm still not enthusiastic about Malik, Oscar or no Oscar. In fact I long for the time when Bond villains were played by relatively unknown veteran actors.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm still not enthusiastic about Malik, Oscar or no Oscar. In fact I long for the time when Bond villains were played by relatively unknown veteran actors.

I always wanted Bruno Ganz to play a sinister mastermind of a big criminal organization (other than Spectre) in a Bond film, but sadly this is now impossible.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I always wanted Bruno Ganz to play a sinister mastermind of a big criminal organization (other than Spectre) in a Bond film, but sadly this is now impossible.

A couple of years ago he would have been great. In the case of Malik I fear they are going to the flavour of the month, even more so than Waltz.
    There has to be skill in casting than simply picking the most recent Oscar winner.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    He looks even better now than he did in QOS.
    Even I do not agree to this, yet he is looking very good and fit. Had no doubt about it though.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Malek is a great actor, and it would be interesting to have the main villain be younger than Bond again. I could see him playing a Zuckerberg-inspired evil tech type.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I'm just saying Malek is the villain because everyone else think he will be and especially after the win
    I think its safe to say that if Bond 25 does not cast Rami Malik as the villain it will be a dissapointment
    Would Malek be a physical challenge a fight though?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588
    There's still the major issue of scheduling. I don't think Malek is as much of a done deal as people think.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Can we get Charlize Theron for the main villain, please? She's absolutely perfect for it.

Save Malek for a later installment, I say.
    jake24 wrote: »
    There's still the major issue of scheduling. I don't think Malek is as much of a done deal as people think.

I agree
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,261
    QQ7 wrote: »

I hope it doubles for Austria, but i worry that they might get the stupid idea to delve deeper into Bond's childhood with Oberhauser.

Craig's Bond has been to Austria twice, and three times to Italy. If the rumours about Matera are true, it will be Italy for the fourth time for Craig's Bond. If they would want to have Austria, why don't they shoot there?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Elliot Carver wasn't. Nor Drax. Or Stromberg. That's why they have henchmen.
  • echo wrote: »
    Malek is a great actor, and it would be interesting to have the main villain be younger than Bond again. I could see him playing a Zuckerberg-inspired evil tech type.

One good piece of advice in a recent Bond article in GQ was, "don't make the next one about computers!"

We've had a couple villains now with vague "tech" schemes that, however sweeping, don't really produce much menace on screen. People clacking at keyboards is very hard to make compelling, and when you have all these mighty powers at a keystroke it all seems a bit too easy to be dramatic.

Give us a villain with more tangible plans, I say.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    There's a slew of photos on this page. He's looking very sharp and camera ready.

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/4245794/daniel-craig-charlize-theron-oscars-2019-01/
    He doesn't look bad himself. But, those damn tight suits have to loosen up a bit.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Nope. If he's cast they better have a big henchman for him.
    jake24 wrote: »

I hope you are right.
    octofinger wrote: »
    echo wrote: »

One good piece of advice in a recent Bond article in GQ was, "don't make the next one about computers!"

We've had a couple villains now with vague "tech" schemes that, however sweeping, don't really produce much menace on screen. People clacking at keyboards is very hard to make compelling, and when you have all these mighty powers at a keystroke it all seems a bit too easy to be dramatic.

Give us a villain with more tangible plans, I say.

I agree. Beside hackers in fiction tend to have quasi deus ex machina powers that tend to make them boring quickly.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Daniel is looking sharp. Roll on Bond 25
    April can't get here fast enough
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I feel like the press conference is going to get way more attention than usual.

So much we don't know. Can't wait! :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Lots of anticipation. I’m praying there won’t be any further delays. The sooner production starts the better!