No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don’t know if this possibility has been mentioned before, but I wouldn’t mind if Madeleine Swann was Bond 25’s Sylvia Trench.

It would be more interesting if they base 007's return to the service on duty rather than revenge. So I agree, having Swann be a character like Trench would be good. Someone who, while still being in Bond's life, doesn't distract from his work and eventually they drift apart.

This is basically the only way I can see Swann returning that I’d fully approve.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I hope she plays two roles: Madeleine and her evil twin sister Madeline. Madeline kills Madeleine and Bond is left confused coz he’s kinda digging the evil sister.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    peter wrote: »
    I hope she plays two roles: Madeleine and her evil twin sister Madeline. Madeline kills Madeleine and Bond is left confused coz he’s kinda digging the evil sister.

@peter I have great respect for you but I really hope you are joking lol.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

That just takes me back to when Léa Seydoux was announced. I immediately thought she was going to be our first proper female villain/henchwoman of the Craig-era, but after Bellucci started to be rumoured, it became quite clear to me that Seydoux would be the main Bond girl of the film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Her evil sister is of course called Badeleine.

Or Mad Eleine…?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,630

And if the good sister dies, he'll be Sadeleine with a hint of Gladeleine.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    She's called Maybelline. Trust me, I just know.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    We need some Bond news and fast haha
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Denbigh wrote: »
    We need some Bond news and fast haha

And if no news, we make them!

InsidiousDecisiveAchillestang-size_restricted.gif
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 832
    Agree that bond’s return should be based on duty and that swann should be a sylvia trench type.They can do personal stuff again at some point with a later bond, but Ive had enough of it with craig. Give us a film focused on the mission with more drama (like goldeneye).
    There is also the possibility that Naomie Harris might get bumped up to being the leading lady. She could quite easily serve the role of the MI6 agent who works with Bond - considering what we know of the character of Eve. Plus, her and Craig have great chemistry and the series has precedent for bumping up supporting characters to lead (Judi Dench in Skyfall).

Traditionalists will naturally balk at the idea of Moneypenny getting too substantial a part - but Harris is a talented actress, who likely won't reprise the role again and has had a lot of success since joining the series. Most noticeably her Oscar-nominated turn in the terrific Moonlight. Why not find a way to use her more. It would also explain why we haven't heard many rumours - as she's already confirmed!

I quite like that idea. I’m happy for the Craig era Moneypenny to be far more developed and have an arc. They can always reboot her character along with rebooting Bond after Craig’s tenure and go back to the traditionalist approach.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 832
    I’m pretty skeptical of te idea of moneypenny having a larger role. Much of her screentime in sp felt shoehorned, unnecessary, and poorly written. I quite liked sf being an exception to the rule. That being said, perhaps they can pull it off in the next film. I recognize harris’ talent. Maybe m will be attacked at the office and moneypenny will be forced to use her field skills again or something. Also maybe we don’t even need a moneypenny post craig era. cr- sf did just fine without a secretary that bond flirts with. We absolutely need a q though. Not necesarily in every film, but in most, and wishaw should be kept on as long as possible. I also would have preferred if harris was just a field agent tbh. It was a bit much introducing both mp and q in one film.
  • peterpeter Toronto

@peter I have great respect for you but I really hope you are joking lol.

C’mon @Blofeld0064 !! This stuff writes itself! Look how easy it is!! And @Thunderfinger’s suggestion that the evil sister is Badeleine? Or Mad-eiline as suggested by Torg?!?! What we did today was create gold!!!
    I'm all for no news at all. Really. And I'm positive as hell for this one (when have I ever not been positive about a new one?) But I do wish they'd announce a conference date, so I could mark it on the calendar and count the days with proper fanboy eagerness :)
    Univex wrote: »
    I'm all for no news at all. Really. And I'm positive as hell for this one (when have I ever not been positive about a new one?) But I do wish they'd announce a conference date, so I could mark it on the calendar and count the days with proper fanboy eagerness :)
    I hope Barbara realizes that if they won’t hold a press conference on the first day of filming the latest then the fan outcry will be unlike ANYTHING they have ever seen.
    And the wait goes on?!!! Lol!
    I hope Barbara realizes that if they won’t hold a press conference on the first day of filming the latest then the fan outcry will be unlike ANYTHING they have ever seen.

There will be a fan outcry?
    All my life I’ve kinda been vaguely aware a “new one” is coming out and then pretty damn excited a week or so before premiere.

Not keen on sweating on press conferences, etc but I can understand the hype.

Do we need invitations for that? Hey @Torgeirtrap, have you gotten yours? I don't have one. Damn it! ;)
    Ok. I get it. You aren’t obsessed with James Bond films. I am.

Do we need invitations for that? Hey @Torgeirtrap, have you gotten yours? I don't have one. Damn it! ;)

No I haven't! Maybe they've sent it as a letter?
    Damn right!
    I do love them. But as we know, love isn't obsession to a pathological degree.
    So I concur with you.

It'll take ages to get here. Damn. Oh well, maybe there will be a rally in front of EON HQ. Lead by @PanchitoPistoles himself, with a Chris Nolan mask.

It'll take ages to get here. Damn. Oh well, maybe there will be a rally in front of EON HQ. Lead by @PanchitoPistoles himself, with a Chris Nolan mask.

Hahaha!
    Banter aside, the press conference will most likely happen close to the start of shooting. To be honest – for me, the press conferences are more like a formality sort of thing. The most interesting thing about them is learning the title (or confirmation of the title, should there be rumours beforehand), and confirmation about/presentation of the main cast. That's about it.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

There are now two situations in which I would approve of Madeleine’s return.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

More like unhealthy fanaticism.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Take the following as you will.
    Gregg Wilson has been doing heavy location scouting. Yes, Gregg has been, and is with the location team as I write this.
    So far definite no to Canada.
    My guy knows nothing of Norway either.
    But says they have been heavily working on locations in a south-west town in Spain that will stand in for Tunisia (a country in North Africa)
    This town in Spain is called :
    Cadiz.
    Also there will be alot of work at Pinewood.

I will be having further meetings with this gent (on a project that I’m working on).
    Interesting!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm really not all that interested in the press conference unless there is some spectacular revelation to be had there, like the name of the film for instance, or the name of key new supporting cast members. Presumably such information will leak prior to the presser. So I'll just catch the highlights online at the end of the day. No biggie.