No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    Well they've certainly kept the lid on this one nicely. We'll know in a few weeks probably whether the speculation and theories bandied about here were right or not. At this point I'm not fussed. A decent composer and a few interesting (and hopefully, relatively unknown) cast members will go a long way towards keeping me content until release date next year.

Actually, given we are close to one year out, perhaps they will give us some news on Valentine's Day. Let's see.

That's exactly my thoughts as well,seeing as it is a Thursday.

• peterpeter Toronto
    I’m hoping for a morsel today, myself.

Still no word on B25 shooting in Canada.

For all those living in T-dot and are interested in actor Viggo Mortesen he is in town shooting his directorial debut.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,272
    peter wrote: »
    Yes. Absolutely. No hysteria on this very site. Absolutely none. Uh... Anyways..., lol...
    They've done great sets at Pinewood before, so the possibility of a more "studio heavy" film is quite interesting. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

I agree with you @Torgeirtrap and I floated this notion a couple weeks ago that this could be why we aren't hearing too much since we could be seeing something closer to SF-- on set keeps the budget in control, and it keeps everything away from the public.

IF this is the case, i wonder what the policy is on phones at the 007 stage? Everyone's given walkies and phones handed in, I'd imagine.

Or maybe they've brought out their old 90's/early 00's Nokia's again! No photo opportunities at least :))
    I’m hoping for a morsel today, myself.

Still no word on B25 shooting in Canada.

For all those living in T-dot and are interested in actor Viggo Mortesen he is in town shooting his directorial debut.

I wonder how "connected" the Canada/Norway rumours and news are. Canadian cities often features as a stand in for American cities (or can be portrayed as themselves, of course), while both Canada and Norway have some nice scenery to offer.
  • I’m starting to feel that the lack of rumours has something to do with their being less cast and less locations.

I think Bond 25 will be very Bond-centric. Perhaps with a smaller supporting cast than we are used to. They might even be planning to use Lea Seydoux and Naomie Harris in more showier supporting roles – considering both are confirmed.

Also, the lack of location news might mean that more extensive use of London and Pinewood could be on the cards.

It would go someway towards explaining the lack of rumours this time out.

There is also the possibility that Naomie Harris might get bumped up to being the leading lady. She could quite easily serve the role of the MI6 agent who works with Bond - considering what we know of the character of Eve. Plus, her and Craig have great chemistry and the series has precedent for bumping up supporting characters to lead (Judi Dench in Skyfall).

Traditionalists will naturally balk at the idea of Moneypenny getting too substantial a part - but Harris is a talented actress, who likely won't reprise the role again and has had a lot of success since joining the series. Most noticeably her Oscar-nominated turn in the terrific Moonlight. Why not find a way to use her more. It would also explain why we haven't heard many rumours - as she's already confirmed!

Check out these photos of Harris from 2019 - she's looking fantastic
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6615993/Naomie-Harris-42-sizzles-array-chic-swimwear-promotes-Anguilla-getaway.html

7608466-6511225-image-a-54_1545211453207.jpg

8798898-6615993-image-a-78_1548086068145.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    @Pierce2Daniel I do hope you're taking the mickey.

I suppose she could be the rumoured 'agent'. Perhaps she's going back into the force to fulfill her dreams. Maybe the desk job thing didn't work out and her few exploits with Bond made her realize that she's destined for the 'field'.

In all seriousness, hopefully we get another female cast member. The fact that Naomi was only informed of her involvement recently suggests so.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    She’s lovely
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I love her.
    She loves me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    barryt007 wrote: »
    She loves me.

Kinky...
    She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah!
    She loves me.

Kinky...

Definitely kinky with her old chap....

Don't give up the day job,Torg.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    She loves me.

Kinky...

I agree with @barryt007 , Torg.

Now Barry, about this kinky thing....
    [

I won't :))
    Harris has put a little bit of weight back on so that's good news. She was looking quite anorexic before.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I hope they keep Swann and Moneypenny as supporting characters. I want fresh, new Bond girls to be introduced in Bond 25.
    She loves me.

Kinky...

he he he wouldn't you like to know ...
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope they keep Swann and Moneypenny as supporting characters. I want fresh, new Bond girls to be introduced in Bond 25.

I personally would be very very shocked if either of them were the main Bond Woman/Girl in the film.

It would seem a bit of a cop-out.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 10,588
    Well, according to Variety they're looking for two Bond girl characters, in addition to Swann.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    jake24 wrote: »
    Well, according to Variety they're looking for two Bond girl characters, in addition to Swann.

Oh yeah I know about this, some people have discussed the mystery woman as a villain which I would not be opposed to but I also don't know where that came from. I think people got confused because of the Malek news.

Anyway, I only said this about Swann and Moneypenny because someone above suggested Moneypenny might be the rumoured MI6 agent and then I started thinking what if Swann was the mystery woman and Variety just had delayed rumours? Bit of a stretch but just a thought.
    She loves me.

Kinky...

he he he wouldn't you like to know ...

I personally would be very very shocked if either of them were the main Bond Woman/Girl in the film.

It would seem a bit of a cop-out.

I agree it would be a cop-out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Harris has put a little bit of weight back on so that's good news. She was looking quite anorexic before.

Dunno when that was, but the above pics certainly made my eyes cross and gave me a bit of a fever.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Dunno when that was, but the above pics certainly made my eyes cross and gave me a bit of a fever.

It's those legs. She was blessed.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I agree, but blessed from top to toe.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I couldn't agree more with statement regarding their obvious drive to make Bond 25 a great film. That's what Bond needs. You can see that when Skyfall, even though they had the movation from the 50th Anniversary, was being made and I think we're going to see it here. They just need to give it same amount of love and attention.

Weren't they trying to make SP a great film too?

Yes. (Pure speculation)
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 614
    There is also the possibility that Naomie Harris might get bumped up to being the leading lady. She could quite easily serve the role of the MI6 agent who works with Bond - considering what we know of the character of Eve.

This is exactly what I thought was going to happen in SKYFALL, until the filmmakers decided it was a better idea to treat her like a sex object and then confine her to a desk.

Yet another reason why I can't stand SKYFALL.

Harris, it should be noted, had already given a convincing performance as a tough police detective in MIAMI VICE and -- in my opinion -- stole the film away from leads Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx.
  • According to James Bond Down Under’s Instagram story – it is anticipated that Eon will not hire two of the supporting roles till after filming begins.

Basically, this situation is very similar to both CR and QOS – in the case of the latter, Eva Green didn’t join the film till at least a fortnight into shooting.
    According to James Bond Down Under’s Instagram story – it is anticipated that Eon will not hire two of the supporting roles till after filming begins.

Basically, this situation is very similar to both CR and QOS – in the case of the latter, Eva Green didn’t join the film till at least a fortnight into shooting.

Neat.

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a 007 kickoff press conference.

• edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    According to James Bond Down Under’s Instagram story – it is anticipated that Eon will not hire two of the supporting roles till after filming begins.
    Barbara, WHY R U PUNISHING ME? (I am quoting one of Amy Pascal’s e-mails to David Fincher that leaked during the Sony leaks :)) )
  • peterpeter Toronto
    CF has something up his sleeve. The guy is the perfect leader to deliver this Bond picture; cool under pressure, poised, relaxed, gives off an air of effortless confidence. Yet his work shows the work of a highly intelligent and skilled artist who has meticulously plotted the journey of the stories he tells.

He’s crafty.

I expect to hear a little more this afternoon.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    James Bond Downunder is hardly a reputable source.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I don’t know if this possibility has been mentioned before, but I wouldn’t mind if Madeleine Swann was Bond 25’s Sylvia Trench.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I don’t know if this possibility has been mentioned before, but I wouldn’t mind if Madeleine Swann was Bond 25’s Sylvia Trench.

It would be more interesting if they base 007's return to the service on duty rather than revenge. So I agree, having Swann be a character like Trench would be good. Someone who, while still being in Bond's life, doesn't distract from his work and eventually they drift apart.