No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

peter wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Why do I already feel like Fukunaga is going to do an amazing job with this film?

I have the same feeling ;)

Stop with the bloody positivity. This place is for all to come and rejoice in negativity. We get to call highly skilled people names and think of them as idiots! We feed off of our neighbours anger and hostility and warn EoN they better step up to the plate, or else...

(oh wait. Count me in. I think CF has the talent to kick a**).
    The negativity is 100% justified. CJF is an excellent director but Danny Boyle's BOND 25 would have been truly special. Thanks to the incompetent Barbara Broccoli the world will never see that film.

Box office etc. tells a different story. The reasons for not sticking with Boyle could be valid for all we know.
    As a producer, Barbara Broccoli has only ever made two great decisions:

1. Deciding to reboot the franchise with the first Bond novel after DAD
    2. Casting Daniel Craig to play Bond in CR

Before 2004-2005 Barbara made bad decision after bad decision, after 2004-2005 Barbara made bad decision after bad decision, but she was on fire in those two years. It must have been Devine intervention!

Ha ha. Harsh but I have a little bit of sympathy for this view.

Maybe Babs should just be the casting agent.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I've every confidence Cary will make a fantastic film. He has such a good eye and everything I've seen by him has a strong narrative structure. I think Craig will go out with all guns blazing. I'm so glad Danny Boyle got fired. We just need someone really special for the score now.
    Boyle would be good for a more light hearted Bond IMO.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Looking at the front page, January has been a dismal month for Bond 25 news. Let's hope the team for at EON can raise their game for the month of Feb. It's only a out a month away from the press conference to end all press conference, where the fans will finally be let in on what we have in store.
    Looking at the front page, January has been a dismal month for Bond 25 news. Let's hope the team for at EON can raise their game for the month of Feb. It's only a out a month away from the press conference to end all press conference, where the fans will finally be let in on what we have in store.

There are still some days left of January though.
  • Well today is Oscar nominations day. Which is a big day for the industry - many agencies will be basking in the glow of their stars getting nods. It’s also a good time to start getting news out about their nominees - especially, if say, someone like Rami Malek is cast. A number of names will have more cache by the end of the day. Plus these stars will want to get their name and faces out there during the next Academy voting block....so, in short, news is forthcoming.

Also, it’s worth considering that Kristine Froseth has been following Cary around since his announcement. In November she was seemingly in some English countryside with an Aston Martin. She even makes a Bond joke:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks for getting us back on track @Pierce2Daniel.

I'm looking forward to the nominations, because there are a few films this year that I'd like to see win something (they probably won't though).

The Malek thing reminds me of Berry. I think she was cast after she won.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Thank you @barryt007 ... and, hey, while we're on the topic of me, did you see I want to throw my hat in the ring as the next James Bond?

Support me at:

www.petersheldrickISthenext0074shore.com

You would be perfect in the role good Sir !

Thank you @barryt007 ! You’re obviously an intelligent man that knows style when you see it. When I get the role, consider a DB5 a gift from me to you.
    We may get something on whether Norway is a confirmed location before this month is out.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Wasn’t Berry already filming when she had to fly out to LA for the Oscar ceremony??? My failing memory and intelligence could be wrong.
    Maybe. I'm not sure. The point remains it reminds me of that situation irrespective of specifics.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Oh. Okay...?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I would love to see Bond back in the Caribbeans. If at the beginning of the movie Bond is actually away from everything with Madeleine, I can't imagine a more proper location than the Carribeans. Plus if Bond is goin to wear the new Seamaster Diver perhaps that's a hint about a possible underwater/diving sequence? The Omega ad was clearly inspired by Thunderball.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    After seeing a few episodes of True Detective season 1, I hope CF goes for a darker tone with the last Craig film, not only because it suits Craig's Bond but because CF produces really menacing tension brilliantly well.

I would love to see Bond back in the Caribbean, it's such a perfect location for Bond and the colour is really immersive on screen.
    Don't know if my relationship to my Mrs could handle another DC beach shot though.

You're reading my mind @Jordo007 .. and re: DC Bond on the beach-- take advantage of her weakness! Once he steps out of the ocean, that image is ingrained in her mind.

Now don't be like me and beg like the pathetic mutt that I am, but you can make a good adults-only game out of this where, if she closes her eyes tightly enough, you WILL become DC Bond from the beach scene.

Trust me, if it's like the games I play, it'll be the best sixteen seconds of her life...

Hahaha you know the score! Top draw advice that sir thank you
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,521
    After seeing a few episodes of True Detective season 1, I hope CF goes for a darker tone with the last Craig film, not only because it suits Craig's Bond but because CF produces really menacing tension brilliantly well.

I would love to see Bond back in the Caribbean, it's such a perfect location for Bond and the colour is really immersive on screen.
    Don't know if my relationship to my Mrs could handle another DC beach shot though.

You're reading my mind @Jordo007 .. and re: DC Bond on the beach-- take advantage of her weakness! Once he steps out of the ocean, that image is ingrained in her mind.

Now don't be like me and beg like the pathetic mutt that I am, but you can make a good adults-only game out of this where, if she closes her eyes tightly enough, you WILL become DC Bond from the beach scene.

Trust me, if it's like the games I play, it'll be the best sixteen seconds of her life...

Hahaha you know the score! Top draw advice that sir thank you

Don’t worry about a thing! Peter D. Sheldrick The First has got your back.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Wasn’t Berry already filming when she had to fly out to LA for the Oscar ceremony??? My failing memory and intelligence could be wrong.

You're correct.
  • peterpeter Toronto

You're correct.

Thanks @CraigMooreOHMSS ... first time that’s happened. It’s like winning the lottery! A few on here will be upset about this, but I’ll take it where I can get it!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Right here
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/2367/chat-thread-free-discussion#latest

is a thread where you can chat away about anything that takes your fancy.

Please, keep this particular thread on track, discussing the production of Bond 25. No smart ass replies will be tolerated, thank you.
    So Linus Sandgren did not get nominated for an Oscar for First Man, but Rami Malek did get nominated for Bohemian Rhapsody.
    First Man, in general, seems to have been largely ignored. Terrible shame. Such a wonderful film.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    First Man, in general, seems to have been largely ignored. Terrible shame. Such a wonderful film.

Absolutely. What an incredibly boring list of nominations this year is. There's nothing hugely upsetting, but it just feels incredibly "meh".

Though Malek's nomination might at least give us the confirmation of involvement in Bond 25 that we've been waiting for. The timing is right.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Typical Oscars. There will be an outcry about female representation as a recent DL article makes
    mention, so someone will always be there to stir the pot. I stopped watching these award ceremonies years ago.

Keeps my blood pressure in check.
    Typical Oscars. There will be an outcry about female representation as a recent DL article makes
    mention, so someone will always be there to stir the pot. I stopped watching these award ceremonies years ago.

Do we have a thread to discuss Oscar nominations? I did a quick search but came up with little.

It's impressive that they gave BLACK PANTHER a nomination in the name of progressiveness in the same year that GREEN BOOK was nominated in the same category.

Justin Hurwitz' score for FIRST MAN deserved not only a nomination, but to win. Would be happy to see him score Bond 25, or any Bond in future.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690

Do we have a thread to discuss Oscar nominations? I did a quick search but came up with little.

It's impressive that they gave BLACK PANTHER a nomination in the name of progressiveness in the same year that GREEN BOOK was nominated in the same category.

Justin Hurwitz' score for FIRST MAN deserved not only a nomination, but to win. Would be happy to see him score Bond 25, or any Bond in future.

I'm shocked that Toni Collette didn't get nominated for Hereditary. Say what you will about the film, but her performance was amazing.
    Perhaps we can just continue this one and ask the OP to retitle?

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18587/oscars-predictions-2018

Or start a new one.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I just didn’t “get into” Black Panther as I couldn’t get into the Dr. Strange film.

I think I genuinely have a case of superhero fatigue. They do nothing for me anymore.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    B25... Shouldn’t there be casting calls for parts? I know we had it for Boyle and isn’t it typical for all Bond films...

Also, does anyone know when composers are typically announced?

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,446
    Bored by waiting on the new Bond movie or the new England.. You May whant to see this..

Dutch release date: 13 February 2019
    Uk: 05 July 2019
    More: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6563576/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Bored by waiting on the new Bond movie or the new England.. You May whant to see this..

Dutch release date: 13 February 2019
    Uk: 05 July 2019
    More: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6563576/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

The whole office went up in smoke, but that bloody thing survived.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2019 Posts: 4,554
    In terms of the direction of the franchise, after Babs and Michael, there is one bizarre scenario that could play out: after gaining a producer credit on SP, and likely on B25, is it not possible that DC eventually takes over the franchise? He has become more and more involved in the development of these films. Since 2012, his acting gigs have become few and far between, as he's worked behind the scenes on Bond.

Given DC's very close relationship with Babs, I can easily see her moving him into her role.

Is this likely? No.

Is it possible? The tea leaves say yes, it is.