No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2019 Posts: 7,983
    I don’t doubt that Norway was under consideration prior to his being hired, I’m sure several locations were, but it isn’t unreasonable to think that Fukunaga‘s hiring, and subsequent input sealed the deal.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @Torgeirtrap.

It's interesting to read about the Jason Bourne spinoff as well. I'm intrigued. Tim Kring has a reasonable record with tv series, so hopefully it's up to snuff.
    Do we know if there has been applied similar incentive applications for other (similar) locations in other countries? If they're looking at shooting in Norway, I don't doubt at all they're also exploring the possibility of shooting in other countries that are more "cost friendly".
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't know of any personally, but I know they got some pretty decent incentives for Mexico City last time out so that is definitely a part of the conversation.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Why do I already feel like Fukunaga is going to do an amazing job with this film?
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,301
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't know of any personally, but I know they got some pretty decent incentives for Mexico City last time out so that is definitely a part of the conversation.

They sure did! I guess a lot will rely on how much of the cut B25 gets. The incentives comes at a total of 75m kroner (£6.7m), and several projects are Scandinavian TV shows. Those projects will no doubt take up a lot of that amount.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Why do I already feel like Fukunaga is going to do an amazing job with this film?

I have the same feeling ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »

Stop with the bloody positivity. This place is for all to come and rejoice in negativity. We get to call highly skilled people names and think of them as idiots! We feed off of our neighbours anger and hostility and warn EoN they better step up to the plate, or else...

(oh wait. Count me in. I think CF has the talent to kick a**).
    peter wrote: »

Stop with the bloody positivity. This place is for all to come and rejoice in negativity. We get to call highly skilled people names and think of them as idiots! We feed off of our neighbours anger and hostility and warn EoN they better step up to the plate, or else...

The negativity is 100% justified. CJF is an excellent director but Danny Boyle's BOND 25 would have been truly special. Thanks to the incompetent Barbara Broccoli the world will never see that film.

I new you'd get the gist ;)

Add some angst to that and some alliterating usernames, mix it with a bowl of PC subliminal bunk and passive aggressiveness compulsory twaddle, and bang, that's the world we're living in, my friend.

Let's make a positive resistance! Un vrai armée des ombres. Bond25 will be the best one yet, and will surprise and surpass like no other.

CF has, as you say, the talent to kick a**
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

The negativity is 100% justified. CJF is an excellent director but Danny Boyle's BOND 25 would have been truly special. Thanks to the incompetent Barbara Broccoli the world will never see that film.

Can I borrow your alternate reality crystal ball when you are finished with it?

Box office etc. tells a different story. The reasons for not sticking with Boyle could be valid for all we know.
    Shardlake wrote: »

Can we take turns?

PS: I really dislike Danny Boyle, but I dislike more having to repeat this over and over again just to answer to some man's echo. Glad he thinks CJF is an excellent director, though.

PPS: Hey @PanchitoPistoles, how many days until filming begins, in the real world, I mean? You're usually on top of this sort of thing.

Box office etc. tells a different story. The reasons for not sticking with Boyle could be valid for all we know.
    As a producer, Barbara Broccoli has only ever made two great decisions:

1. Deciding to reboot the franchise with the first Bond novel after DAD
    2. Casting Daniel Craig to play Bond in CR

Before 2004-2005 Barbara made bad decision after bad decision, after 2004-2005 Barbara made bad decision after bad decision, but she was on fire in those two years. It must have been Devine intervention!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @PanchitoPistoles -- it's time you fired her, my friend. It's clear that one, and only one person can truly run EoN. That is you, sir. I see it clearly: Boyle would be hired back. Nolan would lift the franchise in B26. You'd have hit after hit for the next 25 years!

Make. This. Happen.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Mods, can I please use bad words, just one time. Please! Pretty please?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Can we take turns?

In his world Spock has a goatee. ;)
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    @PanchitoPistoles -- it's time you fired her, my friend. It's clear that one, and only one person can truly run EoN. That is you, sir. I see it clearly: Boyle would be hired back. Nolan would lift the franchise in B26. You'd have hit after hit for the next 25 years!

Make. This. Happen.
    It doesn’t have to be me, as I have often said before, a significant percentage of people in this forum would do a better job at running the Bond franchise than Barbara and MGW are doing.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think with Cary as the director, Bond25 will be visually stunning. That much I believe very strongly indeed. Not worried about anything else, either. Just looking forward to what he comes up with.

Before 2004-2005 Barbara made bad decision after bad decision, after 2004-2005 Barbara made bad decision after bad decision, but she was on fire in those two years. It must have been Devine intervention!

Which bad decisions? Please elaborate rather than just type in which periods in her time as producer you don't feel she's done a good job.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »

Can we take turns?

In his world Spock has a goatee. ;)

Damn! :)

Make. This. Happen.
    It doesn’t have to be me, as I have often said before, a significant percentage of people in this forum would do a better job at running the Bond franchise than Barbara and MGW are doing.

How naive.
    I think with Cary as the director, Bond25 will be visually stunning. That much I believe very strongly indeed. Not worried about anything else, either. Just looking forward to what he comes up with.

That's what I'm rooting for. And for his input story wise. Can't believe this guy would direct a poor story.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Make. This. Happen.

No, @PanchitoPistoles -- now you're being too humble. It is you. You, and only you. And, listen, here's a pitch...:

I'd really like to throw my hat into the ring! I really want to be James Bond, actor 007. I think I have what it takes.

That avatar that I use. That's actually me. Now, I can shave the beard (the wife likes it, I hate it), and I know I'm bald-- but that's what wigs, toupees and hair-plugs are for (just ask Affleck!). I have blue/grey eyes, like Fleming's invention. And I was born on August 25 (same as Sir Connery).

I have a very cool website (www.petersheldrickISthenext0074shore.com), where I kill the FRWL scene with one of dogs.

So, seriously. We have a chance to conquer the world! Would you consider me as the next James Bond?
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland

Uh-oh, I'm agreeing with Panchito... though I think MGW had a lot more to do with the Brosnan years.

Agreed

I know I just Watched Oliver Stone’s the property of a lady starring Timothy Dalton as James Bond it was crazy man super cool

Which bad decisions? Please elaborate rather than just type in which periods in her time as producer you don't feel she's done a good job.

Not Panchito, but if I had to name two things, it's being too reactionary (copying film trends poorly, rushing to get Mendes back, etc), and not doing a good job of making the money show up on the screen (a Cubby hallmark). GoldenEye had a budget of 60 million, Spectre 250. I can see it in GE, I can't see $250 million on the screen in Spectre, even accounting for Craig's insane $39 million dollar salary. It's not just Spectre either - Quantum had $200 million (again, where?).

Oh, and not sending Purvis and Wade packing long ago. Loyalty or not, that's inexcusable.

No one's perfect, of course. For me, the Craig era's often felt like one step forward, two back - I thought Craig was rather Bondian in Spectre, but the film itself was a mess. Certainly looking forward to a fresh team taking over, especially on the writing side.
    CJF’s product will likely be better than what we would have gotten with Boyle. If if we polled contributors, this view would probably win by a wide margin. So I would say that despite the discussion, expectations for bond 25 are high overall.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

This I would not be surprised about and have said the same to posters on here; Brocolli will only start her search in earnest when DC tells her in a closed door meeting, that he is done.
    If BOND 25 is designed to be Craig’s last Bond film, then there won’t be such a meeting.

That's true, IF it's designed as a full stop. But if it's not, as I said to a poster just moments ago: this family has a history of negotiating with a popular incumbent after his "last" film (see: Moore, Roger (MR, FYEO, OP)).

Also, this: I fully believe she would NEVER look for a new 007 while DC is filming. She doesn't want that distraction, and she doesn't want him to have that distraction.

The search for 007 at this point in time is not happening.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in the pipe to cement the new actor and they struggle to just get one out.

Wrong. Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.

This I would not be surprised about and have said the same to posters on here; Brocolli will only start her search in earnest when DC tells her in a closed door meeting, that he is done.
    If BOND 25 is designed to be Craig’s last Bond film, then there won’t be such a meeting.

That's true, IF it's designed as a full stop. But if it's not, as I said to a poster just moments ago: this family has a history of negotiating with a popular incumbent after his "last" film (see: Moore, Roger (MR, FYEO, OP)).

Also, this: I fully believe she would NEVER look for a new 007 while DC is filming. She doesn't want that distraction, and she doesn't want him to have that distraction.

I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in the pipe to cement the new actor and they struggle to just get one out.

Wrong. Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.

I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in theking over from his father as co-executive
  • peterpeter Toronto
    If you keep quoting me like that, @Tuck91 , I can assure you some posters will put you on their naughty list...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    *fingers crossed* Sonoya Mizuno as a Bond girl *fingers crossed*
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541

Imagine if Cary uses imax cameras to shoot the scenes how incredible would that be. I have no idea why haven't they used it already if EON can spend 25 million on Rome's car chase why can't they spent 10-20 million on shooting it in imax.