No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Bored by waiting on the new Bond movie or the new England.. You May whant to see this..

Dutch release date: 13 February 2019
    Uk: 05 July 2019
    More: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6563576/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf

The whole office went up in smoke, but that bloody thing survived.

Your interior decorating tips have always been apreciated, 007.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    TripAces wrote: »
    In terms of the direction of the franchise, after Babs and Michael, there is one bizarre scenario that could play out: after gaining a producer credit on SP, and likely on B25, is it not possible that DC eventually takes over the franchise? He has become more and more involved in the development of these films. Since 2012, his acting gigs have become few and far between, as he's worked behind the scenes on Bond.

Given DC's very close relationship with Babs, I can easily see her moving him into her role.

Is this likely? No.

Is it possible? The tea leaves say yes, it is.
    My tea leaves say Bond 26 will be produced by a dynamite British husband and wife duo. A Bond movie produced by British people. What a novel idea!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,034
    In terms of the direction of the franchise, after Babs and Michael, there is one bizarre scenario that could play out: after gaining a producer credit on SP, and likely on B25, is it not possible that DC eventually takes over the franchise? He has become more and more involved in the development of these films. Since 2012, his acting gigs have become few and far between, as he's worked behind the scenes on Bond.

Given DC's very close relationship with Babs, I can easily see her moving him into her role.

Is this likely? No.

That is an interesting thought. I'm not sure how likely it is, and I'm fairly certain he won't take over the franchise, to say the least; I'm not buying any of this "Babs offloading the series" talk. However, I wouldn't surprise me if Craig got an associate producer credit even for just the first film of the next era. It's not a massive credit. It's usually just a complimentary credit without any function.

The question would have to be, "why though?"
    You guys use marijuana’s tea leaves for your readings, right?
    Roll on some more official news please!!!
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited January 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Univex wrote: »

This made me well chuckle.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Roll on some more official news please!!!

Haha roll :]
  • peterpeter Toronto

I don’t like marijuana tea leaves anymore. Always have nightmares about ginger cats. Saying that, it’s a fun theory, but I dont see DC taking over producing reigns, or even wanting to. His co-producing credit seems to be a token reward for his work on bringing talent on board. And, keeping to the thread’s title, it’ll be interesting to see if he gets another co-producing credit for B25 (it seems his participation on the production is less than pass years).
    peter wrote: »

I don’t like marijuana tea leaves anymore. Always have nightmares about ginger cats.
    Saying that, it’s a fun theory, but I dont see DC taking over producing reigns, or even wanting to. His co-producing credit seems to be a token reward for his work on bringing talent on board. And, keeping to the thread’s title, it’ll be interesting to see if he gets another co-producing credit for B25 (it seems his participation on the production is less than pass years).

You mean, you don't have those nightmares anyway, @peter?

Exactly. A gesture. I imagine that will probably carry over to Bond 25, and he may get a similar gesture for Bond 26 depending on how quickly he runs for the hills after Bond 25 is released.

I could actually see Dan becoming a director in the future. Not of Bond, but of something. He's the creative type.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883

Is this likely? No.

I agree with you that it's not likely. Anything is possible of course.

I recall Craig stating in an interview that he wouldn't do this sort of thing though. I can't remember when it was, but most likely around the time of SP. Of course, minds change, but if I were to guess, I'd say it's more likely he'll want to break free from this character and try new things once B25 is over and done with. I'm sure there are other roles and opportunities that will become available to him soon.
    My tea leaves say Bond 26 will be produced by a dynamite British husband and wife duo. A Bond movie produced by British people. What a novel idea!
    It's been categorically dismissed here and I tend to agree, but who really knows? If there are structural changes post-B25, then anything is possible I suppose.

Other directors have also expressed a preference to 'reimagine', but these two have as much of a chance as anyone. I recall Gregg Wilson expressing some interest in them a while back. I await their next project with keen interest.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Thoughts on whether or not Craig will accompany Weisz at the Oscars ceremony (a week prior to filming B25)?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thoughts on whether or not Craig will accompany Weisz at the Oscars ceremony (a week prior to filming B25)?
    Was wondering that as well. My guess is no.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    jake24 wrote: »

You're probably right considering that he might need to be in London just a few days later for the expected press conference. Might be too tight.
  • peterpeter Toronto

I don’t like marijuana tea leaves anymore. Always have nightmares about ginger cats.
    Saying that, it’s a fun theory, but I dont see DC taking over producing reigns, or even wanting to. His co-producing credit seems to be a token reward for his work on bringing talent on board. And, keeping to the thread’s title, it’ll be interesting to see if he gets another co-producing credit for B25 (it seems his participation on the production is less than pass years).

You mean, you don't have those nightmares anyway, @peter?

Exactly. A gesture. I imagine that will probably carry over to Bond 25, and he may get a similar gesture for Bond 26 depending on how quickly he runs for the hills after Bond 25 is released.

I could actually see Dan becoming a director in the future. Not of Bond, but of something. He's the creative type.

@CraigMooreOHMSS , you’re right about ginger pussycats and nightmares. A true phobia. As Connery says “don’t care for red heads, terrible tempers”.

I do agree with you: I could see Daniel directing something small and indie down the road. He’s a smart fella, and like you say, creative.
    Wasn’t Berry already filming when she had to fly out to LA for the Oscar ceremony??? My failing memory and intelligence could be wrong.

She was cast after she won the Oscar. The behind the scenes doc on the DAD dvd notes that the press went wild when those rumours started to circulate after the win.

Is this likely? No.

It’s entirely possible.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    jake24 wrote: »

Free-Worlwide-Publicity. (And Malek, too...)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    TR007 wrote: »
    Wasn’t Berry already filming when she had to fly out to LA for the Oscar ceremony??? My failing memory and intelligence could be wrong.

She was cast after she won the Oscar. The behind the scenes doc on the DAD dvd notes that the press went wild when those rumours started to circulate after the win.

Oh. Like I said. Failing memory and an over all dulling of intelligence.

Hope I didn’t come across as an ass. Always quite conscious after posting that the message may be misconstrued.

I don't think so, considering Die Another Day started filming in January '02 and the Oscars were held at the end of March that year.

No that isn’t the problem the issue here is not enough nights playing poker with Barbara Brocolli and the mysterious Mr. Risico
  • peterpeter Toronto

I don't think so, considering Die Another Day started filming in January '02 and the Oscars were held at the end of March that year.

Oh! Good! I’m kinda smart again!

All joking aside I thought she was cast in DAD and hadta fly out during filming and came back to accolades from her cast.

And no @TR007 , you didn’t come across as anything other than informative.— thanks man.
    There's a nice recounting of the occasion in the (terrific) From Script to Screen doc on the Die Another Day blu-ray.
    @peter I stand corrected. Apologies!
  • peterpeter Toronto

@peter I stand corrected. Apologies!

I AM INVINCIBLE

no need to apologize, my friend. Some of us are having some fun (even tho it can sometimes get you flagged! You’re a good guy, good poster. Love the avatar)
    If filming really will begin in just 41 days, then it's pretty much guaranteed that Bond 25 will be much smaller than Spectre was. Which would be excellent news!
    How so that it will be much smaller?
    Getafix wrote: »
    In this day and age it's pretty much impossible to prevent leaks to this degree up until just 6 weeks before the filming of a movie the size of Spectre.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Mod edit: The act of provoking goes both ways. Please refrain from baiting other members. Thanks.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Getafix wrote: »
    In this day and age it's pretty much impossible to prevent leaks to this degree up until just 6 weeks before the filming of a movie the size of Spectre.

I’d say Marvel is pretty good at avoiding credible rumours but I don’t pay enough attention to be sure.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Star Wars has lockdown. They share studio space at Pinewood... perhaps EON took some pointers from them.