Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree @Fire_and_Ice_Returns . Mara certainly looks better. It's such a shame those idiots at Sony blew it with the sequels because I would have loved to have seen her and Craig back for them.

It's a visually stunning film and the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross score compliments it nicely. I hope you enjoy it.

Plus it has a brilliant main title sequence!
    Absolutely. One of the best. That would have suited SP better than the tripe we got imho.
    This looks very good indeed.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

A few gems in there
  • And the new Captain Marvel trailer has landed:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BCujX3pw8

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I missed the Laurel and Hardy trailer earlier, I know some aspects of there double act on and off screen the film should be a fascinating watch, I hardly recognised Thomas C Riley great casting for the duo.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This looks quite stunning and will probably have to be experienced in IMAX to fully appreciate in all its glory. I'm not sure how successful it will be though, and Claire Foy seems to be everywhere these days.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I missed the Laurel and Hardy trailer earlier, I know some aspects of there double act on and off screen the film should be a fascinating watch, I hardly recognised Thomas C Riley great casting for the duo.

Coogan sounds just like Laurel. Good job!

Coogan sounds just like Laurel. Good job!

I am like many a fan of Coogan I hope this film does well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,490

Space Jam 2 is officially a go:

o9vyx16a09n11.jpg
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Dear god, why?
    octofinger wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Dear god, why?

I had the same question, seems they missed the mark for a sequel by about 20 years.
    Still not watched Space Jam, I'll stick to Who Framed Roger Rabit rewatches.
  • peterpeter Toronto

Dear god, why?

Dear god, why?

I had the same question, seems they missed the mark for a sequel by about 20 years.
    Still not watched Space Jam, I'll stick to Who Framed Roger Rabit rewatches.

My three reactions, in chronological order!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

New trailer for Replicas, starring Keanu Reeves:

There's something about Reeves: he's not the best actor in the world, but he and his reps know his niche, and he seems to mostly nail some of the best, cheap, well-made genre flicks going...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    peter wrote: »
    bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

New trailer for Replicas, starring Keanu Reeves:

There's something about Reeves: he's not the best actor in the world, but he and his reps know his niche, and he seems to mostly nail some of the best, cheap, well-made genre flicks going...

He's also extremely likeable both as a performer and a person. That certainly plays into it for me, at least.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

Ryan Reynolds on the set of the Michael Bay action flick 6 Underground:

Great stuff @DaltonCraig007. Bay has still got the goods. I may have to put aside my opinion of Reynolds and actually give this a viewing when it's released. I hope they use the Sneaker Pimps track of the same name somewhere in the film (one of my faves from the 90s).

----

New trailers confirmed for next week:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Monday 24th Sept).
    Bumblebee (Monday 24th Sept).
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,490
    First look at Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker (in makeup):

o53usl5gkmn11.jpg

aafcw66h6vn11.jpg
    Great stuff @DaltonCraig007. Bay has still got the goods. I may have to put aside my opinion of Reynolds and actually give this a viewing when it's released. I hope they use the Sneaker Pimps track of the same name somewhere in the film (one of my faves from the 90s).

For me it's the other way around really; I have more issues with Bay than Reynolds. Might be because I grew up watching Reynolds in Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place - a show I liked back then.

For me it's the other way around really; I have more issues with Bay than Reynolds. Might be because I grew up watching Reynolds in Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place - a show I liked back then.

I find Bay to be a very competent director when he steps outside of the Transformers franchise - Bad Boys and The Rock are 2 (technically 3) highly entertaining action flicks, and his recent 13 Hours was surprisingly a very cool film - not revolutionary in any means, no side plots or anything, just a gripping & intense 2 hours re-telling of a dramatic real-life event.

I find Bay to be a very competent director when he steps outside of the Transformers franchise - Bad Boys and The Rock are 2 (technically 3) highly entertaining action flicks, and his recent 13 Hours was surprisingly a very cool film - not revolutionary in any means, no side plots or anything, just a gripping & intense 2 hours re-telling of a dramatic real-life event.

Yeah, his films are entertaining, although I find his use of explosions etc. way over the top – mostly in the Transformers films (from what I remember of them).
    @DarthDimi @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @Creasy47

The latest zombie flick Overlord, set during the D-Day operation of WW2, is getting extremely good buzz/reactions after its premiere at the Fantastic Fest this weekend.

@DarthDimi @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @Creasy47

The latest zombie flick Overlord, set during the D-Day operation of WW2, is getting extremely good buzz/reactions after its premiere at the Fantastic Fest this weekend.

A black soldier in a white American unit in WW II ? Yeah, right ! As if !
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

First trailer for the IP Man spin-off, Master Z: The Ip Man Legacy, starring Tony Jaa, Dave Bautista and Michelle Yeoh:

Day one.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Remember when they learned English through the internet? Yeah, neither does then Transformers continuity team.