Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Thanks for posting that @Thunderfinger

Here's an alternate trailer where he talks at the end, and he's hilariously dubbed!

The movie still looks like a fun time though and I'll definitely be checking it out
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Next Coen Brothers feature coming to Netflix:

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Next Coen Brothers feature coming to Netflix:

Damn! I want to see this. Why only on Netflix?
    It seems more and more directors and actors are dipping into the world of Netflix these days. I'm surprised seeing Scorsese make the jump with The Irishman, but that's likely due to Netflix writing him an empty check to make it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    N3mm_JLi0_Jv_EPeg_YGUYSmn_Ms_WQr_Iyq_D4_UDDb_RGJLZWGQ.jpg

----

1gikkyq85ul11.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,692
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

First official image of James Gray's new film, Ad Astra:

E8foBZP.jpg

The plot: Twenty years after his father left on a one-way mission to Neptune in order to find signs of extra-terrestrial intelligence, Roy McBride, an Army Corps engineer travels through the solar system to find him and understand why his mission failed.

Starring: Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland, Ruth Negga.

Release date: January 11, 2019.
    N3mm_JLi0_Jv_EPeg_YGUYSmn_Ms_WQr_Iyq_D4_UDDb_RGJLZWGQ.jpg

I was about to say "No Sean Connery", but then, I read the Wikipedia article, and if you expect a remake of The Longest Day or Saving Private Ryan...

Well, let's just say you're going to be very disappointed :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlord_(2018_film)
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,528

ca96bnfioam11.jpg
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,528
    First look(s) at Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker:

psemxc7qjnm11.jpg

Plenty more BTS shots here:

http://www.justjared.com/2018/09/16/joaquin-phoenix-as-the-joker-first-look-at-standalone-movie/
    First look(s) at Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker:

psemxc7qjnm11.jpg

Plenty more BTS shots here:

http://www.justjared.com/2018/09/16/joaquin-phoenix-as-the-joker-first-look-at-standalone-movie/

As in the Batman Joker?
    The very same one. I can only assume it's an origin story of some sort.
    The very same one. I can only assume it's an origin story of some sort.

Interesting! Joaquin Phoenix is such a good actor. No doubt he can deliver a great Joker too.
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47 @MajorDSmythe

Finally, a first look at the new Indonesian action flick The Night Comes for Us, starring Iko Uwais:

Gareth Evans (The Raid/The Raid 2) is back with Apostle:

----

(a bit spoilery, watch at your own risk!)

----

Gareth Evans (The Raid/The Raid 2) is back with Apostle:

That makes The Raid look like a Kids flic. I feel it´s going to be a bit to darkly medievil for my soft Soul.

I figured it'd be The Raid with cults, but it looks much more Lovecraftian, nightmarish, and atmospheric. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mary Poppins looks dreadful, it's all that's wrong with today's cinema.

I still need to watch DC version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, may watch it later.

I don't care. I'll be there !
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I've not even seen the first Mary Poppins, believe it or not!

I'll probably check this one out though.

@DaltonCraig007, thanks for the heads up re: The Girl In The Spider's Web. I have to say that I wasn't impressed by the first trailer. There was a scene there which just seemed like a watered down version of the gruesome torture sequence in The Dragon Tattoo film (and I absolutely loved that sequence). Still, I am a big fan of all the earlier films (including the Swedish ones) and so will avoid any trailers for this going forward so as not to be spoiled.
    There's one shot from the first trailer of someone in one of those full-body gimp suits being vacuum sealed, looked pretty twisted enough that it could've been a deleted bit from Fincher's version. I haven't seen any confirmations but I'm guessing this one will be PG-13.
    Apostle trailer finally uploaded on Netflix's official account:

----

A very cool looking sci fi flick with Pedro Pascal: Prospect

• edited September 2018 Posts: 5,767

I still need to watch DC version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, may watch it later.
    Mary Poppins is absolutely not my type of film, but I must say, if Emily Blunt would start singing to me, I´d let her :-).

Prospect Looks Beautiful!

First trailer for the biopic Stan & Ollie to be released tomorrow;

ta_R_RNLk_ATVX19n_Zsno37d_DUAZd27sz_MKs_Krf_F9_FRf_Y.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,527
    [/quote]Mary Poppins is absolutely not my type of film, but I must say, if Emily Blunt would start singing to me, I´d let her :-).

Prospect Looks Beautiful!

[/quote]

Admittedly Musicals are not my bag. though Emily Blunt is gorgeous.
    You're in for a real treat. It's an incredibly atmospheric and moody film. Rooney Mara in particular is brilliant in it.
    There's one shot from the first trailer of someone in one of those full-body gimp suits being vacuum sealed, looked pretty twisted enough that it could've been a deleted bit from Fincher's version. I haven't seen any confirmations but I'm guessing this one will be PG-13.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a PG'd rating, given the tepid success of Fincher's film. I have very low expectations for this one, and hopefully they are surpassed.
    @bondjames I bought TGWTDT on Bluray a few months back its on my long list of need to watch movies, I noticed Foy has taken over from Mara in the new trailer, Mara looks better to me certainly in the respective trailers
    I agree @Fire_and_Ice_Returns . Mara certainly looks better. It's such a shame those idiots at Sony blew it with the sequels because I would have loved to have seen her and Craig back for them.

It's a visually stunning film and the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross score compliments it nicely. I hope you enjoy it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree @Fire_and_Ice_Returns . Mara certainly looks better. It's such a shame those idiots at Sony blew it with the sequels because I would have loved to have seen her and Craig back for them.

It's a visually stunning film and the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross score compliments it nicely. I hope you enjoy it.

Fincher I am a big fan of I am guessing he is not involved in the new film? Cheers its probably going to be one of those films that I'll be scratching my head as to why I did not watch it sooner.
    bondjames @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

New trailer for Replicas, starring Keanu Reeves:

bondjames wrote: »

Plus it has a brilliant main title sequence!