Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I would not be surprised if the sixth Die Hard films title did not change, just calling it Mcclane is poor marketing, my gut feeling is this film will suck.

That's my feeling as well. It will further tarnish the legacy of this classic action franchise.

What gets me is Bruce is only 60 surely he could just do a film just with him as Mcclane, though I suspect Bruce has lost interest and he will make another for a big cheque.
    It's exceedingly sad for me to see what has happened to John McClane over the years. A legendary character who has been ruined by neglect and incompetence. Mike Banning has taken over imho.

My mistake Bruce is 63, any heart the character has has gone, its a shame Bruce does not have the enthusiasm of the older Sly and Arnie.

Quite unfortunate. He's only in it for the paychecks anymore, and it's shown for quite some time.

Bruce used to be incredibly animated in Moonlighting such a smart ass, now Bruce barely has one facial expression which is glum.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would not be surprised if the sixth Die Hard films title did not change, just calling it Mcclane is poor marketing, my gut feeling is this film will suck.

That's my feeling as well. It will further tarnish the legacy of this classic action franchise.

What gets me is Bruce is only 60 surely he could just do a film just with him as Mcclane, though I suspect Bruce has lost interest and he will make another for a big cheque.
    It's exceedingly sad for me to see what has happened to John McClane over the years. A legendary character who has been ruined by neglect and incompetence. Mike Banning has taken over imho.

My mistake Bruce is 63, any heart the character has has gone, its a shame Bruce does not have the enthusiasm of the older Sly and Arnie.

Quite unfortunate. He's only in it for the paychecks anymore, and it's shown for quite some time.

Bruce used to be incredibly animated in Moonlighting such a smart ass, now Bruce barely has one facial expression which is glum.

Glum, or the silent pondering of what he's going to spend that big, fat check on.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Glum, or the silent pondering of what he's going to spend that big, fat check on.

I meant to watch The Roast of Bruce Willis it's no longer on SKY Unfortunately, I was curious to see his reaction to the ribbing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,692
    @bondjames According to Liam Neeson's IMDB page, in a couple of months he'll be in both Steve McQueen's Widows and the Coen Brother's The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. And of course his next action flick, Hard Powder, is coming in February! What a legend.

mVeZ5gk.gif
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Great news @DaltonCraig007. I'm really looking forward to Widows and Hard Powder in particular. He's been quiet lately, so it's good to see it's because he's been busy at work on upcoming projects to entertain us.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 17,333
    Wonder how many Bond films Liam Neeson could manage to get done had he been cast as Bond - 20?*

*this is of course not taking into consideration EON's track record of producing Bond films on a consistent basis.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Torgeirtrap & @bondjames safe to say that Neeson likes to bury himself with work - he has finished filming the romantic drama Normal People, is still currently filming the Men & Black spin-off with Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thomson and Rebecca Ferguson, and his Africa-set political thriller Charlie Johnson in the Flames* seems to be what he'll be working on next.

* An American journalist (Neeson) travels to Africa to hunt down a murderous Colonel and bring him to justice.
    Wonder how many Bond films Liam Neeson could manage to get done had he been cast as Bond - 20?*

*this is of course not taking into consideration EON's track record of producing Bond films on a consistent basis.

I recall when I saw Neeson in the great movies Excalibur and Krull in the early 80's I thought that he may have made a good Bond.
    @DaltonCraig007 I'll definitely be seeing all of these new projects of Liam's. The Men in Black spinoff in particular has my interest, and not just because of his charismatic co-stars.

@Torgeirtrap I'm willing to bet he would have required less resting time in between films at least, irrespective of what EON got up to.
    @Torgeirtrap & @bondjames safe to say that Neeson likes to bury himself with work - he has finished filming the romantic drama Normal People, is still currently filming the Men & Black spin-off with Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thomson and Rebecca Ferguson, and his Africa-set political thriller Charlie Johnson in the Flames* seems to be what he'll be working on next.

* An American journalist (Neeson) travels to Africa to hunt down a murderous Colonel and bring him to justice.

Most of the films mentioned in the last few posts are films I'd happily watch! Neeson being so busy is really a gift to us film fans!

I recall when I saw Neeson in the great movies Excalibur and Krull in the early 80's I thought that he may have made a good Bond.

I think he could have been a great Bond. He still looks in great shape, and could no doubt have made many Bond films if he'd been cast.
    @DaltonCraig007 I'll definitely be seeing all of these new projects of Liam's. The Men in Black spinoff in particular has my interest, and not just because of his charismatic co-stars.

@Torgeirtrap I'm willing to bet he would have required less resting time in between films at least, irrespective of what EON got up to.

I think resting time wouldn't have been needed for Neeson!
    Neeson certainly has alot of output, initially I think it was his way of dealing with his wife's tragic death.

He could have made several Bond movies for sure, now I would happily see Neeson play a Scaramanga type villain in a Bond film.
    Neeson certainly has alot of output, initially I think it was his way of dealing with his wife's tragic death.

That might be true. If making films makes him happy, it would be natural for him to do so.
    He could have made several Bond movies for sure, now I would happily see Neeson play a Scaramanga type villain in a Bond film.

Neeson as a Scaramanga type villain would be absolutely fantastic. No doubt he would deliver quite a performance!

His Ra's Al Ghul is one of the best things in Nolan's trilogy. I love the interplay between Bale and him in BB. He would make a fantastic cerebral Bond adversary for the right Bond actor.

I think he was under consideration at one point before Brosnan, but his late wife was against the idea.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,528
    You could argue the point Neeson would have made a far better Blofield than Waltz, Neeson would likely be most similar to Savalas in that respect. (Blofelds we saw)

One of my favourite scenes in the Nolan trilogy is the party scene when Ra's reveals himself to Bruce the dialogue and acting is fantastic.

edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    You could argue the point Neeson would have made a far better Blofield than Waltz, Neeson would likely be most similar to Savalas in that respect. (Blofelds we saw)
    Oh unquestionably. Without a doubt as far as I'm concerned. I can easily see him as Blofeld actually.
    One of my favourite scenes in the Nolan trilogy is the party scene when Ra's reveals himself to Bruce the dialogue and acting is fantastic.
    I couldn't agree more. It's a marvelous scene that I always look forward to when I view the film. The 'parlour trick' line is sublime. The whole reveal was actually quite a surprise to me during first viewing, which added to the positive impression I have of the scene.

I meant to watch The Roast of Bruce Willis it's no longer on SKY Unfortunately, I was curious to see his reaction to the ribbing.

Hilarious roast! I was shocked to see Willis having quite a hearty laugh at all the jokes. I think he called up everyone on the dais beforehand asking them to not hold back whatsoever - most of the targets of a roast lately have one or two things they say is off limits, so I'm glad that everything was fair game with this one. He's a good sport for doing it.
    Oh unquestionably. Without a doubt as far as I'm concerned. I can easily see him as Blofeld actually.
    I couldn't agree more. It's a marvelous scene that I always look forward to when I view the film. The 'parlour trick' line is sublime. The whole reveal was actually quite a surprise to me during first viewing, which added to the positive impression I have of the scene.

I recall going in quite blind thankfully before watching BB the film is clever as when Bruce is back in Gotham you kind of put The League of Shadow's to the back of the mind, there is a scene with Crane that hints later involvement though its a great change of pace for the film when The League... reappear and ups the stakes considerably.

Hilarious roast! I was shocked to see Willis having quite a hearty laugh at all the jokes. I think he called up everyone on the dais beforehand asking them to not hold back whatsoever - most of the targets of a roast lately have one or two things they say is off limits, so I'm glad that everything was fair game with this one. He's a good sport for doing it.

I'll have a look on YouTube sometimes Roasts appear on there I watched the Shatner Roast from there, the Willis one sounds alot of fun.

I'll have a look on YouTube sometimes Roasts appear on there I watched the Shatner Roast from there, the Willis one sounds alot of fun.

It irritates me when all I can find are short clips that are censored from the roasts - what's the point?

It irritates me when all I can find are short clips that are censored from the roasts - what's the point?

I have come across full shows uncensored in the past on YouTube before they are removed.

I have come across full shows uncensored in the past on YouTube before they are removed.

Seems to be the best way to go about it, past having a cable subscription and finding it on the same channel late one night. I haven't looked into it enough, but I'm surprised Comedy Central doesn't put them up on their site, even for a few dollars to rent it or something.

Seems to be the best way to go about it, past having a cable subscription and finding it on the same channel late one night. I haven't looked into it enough, but I'm surprised Comedy Central doesn't put them up on their site, even for a few dollars to rent it or something.

I can only find segments from the show though they are uncensored clips.I had a quick look i was surprised to see Demi she looked good. I think I'll hang tight and wait to see if it appears back on Sky.
    At least they're uncensored, should give you a nice taste of what to expect. It sounds like that's what you'd have to do: wait until it's on TV or take the not-so-legal route and find it somewhere in full online.

I didn´t see the roast, but I he did some game at the end of some interview, with funny questions, and there too he seemed to have a lot of fun himself. I remember being shocked too, thinking why we haven´t got such an animated Bruce in any film over the last decades, when he is well capable of it.

Wow, that looks simply stunning. Seeing that cast and the director of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is all I needed to sell me on it. I'll be surprised if that doesn't make my Top 10 of the Year after it's all said and done.
    It looks very good indeed. A tragic and sad story, but they look to be doing it justice with this film.
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

Margot Robbie & Matthias Schoenaerts will star in the WWII thriller Ruin, directed by Justin Kurzel (Assassin's Creed).

The plot: Set in the ruins of post-WWII Germany, the film will follow a Holocaust survivor (Robbie) who is forced to make an unlikely alliance with an ex-SS captain (Schoenaerts) in her quest to exact revenge. Together, they hunt down the surviving members of the captain’s former Nazi death squad.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/margot-robbie-matthias-schoenaerts-ruin-justin-kurzel-1202457484/
    Halloween certainly has the feel of the better films, maybe its just me though Michael looks leaner though I guess that works with his age... I assume the supernatural elements are being removed?