Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

I rewatched it very recently. Definitely one of Spielberg’s best - a great film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin

Steve Carrell as Donald Rumsfield and Christian Bale as Dick Cheney in Backseat:

gpu8hhvr41j11.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'll catch this one in IMAX.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Capture_d_e_cran_2018_08_29_a_21_33_13.png

Top Gun: Maverick delayed from July 2019 to June 2020.

A Quiet Place 2 is confirmed for a May 15, 2020 release.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Steve Carrell as Donald Rumsfield and Christian Bale as Dick Cheney in Backseat:

gpu8hhvr41j11.jpg
    Looks great. Carrell as Rumfeld? I can't see it, but perhaps that's the challenge for him.
    I'm not sure if this will make a lot of moola, but I'll see it on the large screen due to the visual effort they've made.
    Oh no! So no Cruise next year? It will only increase the anticipation. No doubt they want to get those flying sequences right and honestly I didn't know how he was going to pull this off in such short time while wrapping up promo for MI: Fallout, so perhaps it should have been expected.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

A Quiet Place 2 is confirmed for a May 15, 2020 release.

That’s a massive jump. Any reason why?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Isn´t it obvious? Learning to fly a fighter jet takes longer than learning to fly a helicopter.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    On the positive side, that could move forward Edge of Tomorrow 2, as Doug Liman and Tom Cruise were planning to start production in early 2019 once Emily Blunt finished working on the Dwayne Johnson adventure film Jungle Cruise.

----

@bondjames @doubleoego @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A9zLNJy.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is this a remake?
    It is. There are a couple of trailers up for it, it looks incredible surprisingly.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293
    A9zLNJy.jpg

That poster isn't bad!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A9zLNJy.jpg

That poster isn't bad!

I love it.
    ymggznubu9j11.jpg
    I´d be interested in a trailer.
    @boldfinger, for that poster I shared?

Oh @Creasy47, you´re a good man!
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Oh @Creasy47, you´re a good man!

Thank you sir, I have my moments!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That looks rough. I'm surprised it's so close to release, yet the CGI looks like it still needs several months of fine tuning.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Looking good. Hugh's giving it his all.
    I have such low expectations for this that I'm sure I'll enjoy it. If nothing else it's got Munn, so there are some compensations in case the film itself sucks.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I have such low expectations for this that I'm sure I'll enjoy it. If nothing else it's got Munn, so there are some compensations in case the film itself sucks.

That visual at 1:55 sold me on this. I'm gonna be there with a big bucket of popcorn. Lots of blood, gore and crude Shane Black humour. I'm game.
    Why did the first few Predator trailers have to be so awkward, when this one looks fun as hell?
    That looks rough. I'm surprised it's so close to release, yet the CGI looks like it still needs several months of fine tuning.
    With all due respect, @Creasy47, I don´t quite see that many problems.

Different strokes for different folks. I'm very critical when it comes to action-oriented CGI, so when it dominates action that much, I have zero interest in it. Oh well, I don't see that being the sole issue of the movie, but who knows.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Why did the first few Predator trailers have to be so awkward, when this one looks fun as hell?
    With all due respect, @Creasy47, I don´t quite see that many problems.

I am curious to see how it turns out. I'm rooting for Black all the way - I hope it's a knockout.

I don't see too many CGI issues at all - save for the Predator dogs, but they were always going to be difficult to get right.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’m looking foreword to the predator film but the trailers all look like ass. Is there any hope?
    For a dark, McTiernan-like Arnold vehicle? No way.
    For a light-hearted, fun Shane Black comedy? I´d say chances are there for sure. My hopes are way up.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,690
    bondjames wrote: »
    I have to say that this looks pretty good. It has charm. I read somewhere that he was going to retire from acting, so this may be the last one he does. He's a legend, even though he hasn't made too many films lately.

@bondjames The first reviews for that film have been released: It is getting critical acclaim, with very positive comments on Robert Redford's and Sissy Spacek's performances.