Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    The Flemish (Belgium) directers (who first place been ask for Beverly Hills Cop 4) wil start in November with filming Bad Boys 3.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/bad-boys-3-bright-2-set-filming-dates/
    The site indicates the long in the works “Bad Boys for Life” will be Smith’s next project with Sony reportedly making the film a top priority and shooting rapidly readying itself to begin in November with locations in Miami and Atlanta. Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah came onboard as directors in January with plans at the time for a very early 2020 release, a goal the film could reach if the report is accurate.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 40,477
    Interesting. I saw something yesterday I believe regarding Smith going on to do Bad Boys 3 finally since the Suicide Squad sequel was delayed.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Also be sure to check the other impressive looking Netflix trailer that @Creasy47 posted above.

If someone would foot the bill, Shane Black would do a sequel to The Nice Guys "in a heartbeat":

https://thegww.com/shane-black-would-make-a-nice-guys-sequel-if-someone-is-willing-to-pay-for-it/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Jon Hamm and Ed Harris have officially joined the cast of the next Tom Cruise film, Top Gun: Maverick.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That's terrific! :O
    Such faces are what such a film needs. Excellent!

Creasy47 wrote: »
    If someone would foot the bill, Shane Black would do a sequel to The Nice Guys "in a heartbeat":

https://thegww.com/shane-black-would-make-a-nice-guys-sequel-if-someone-is-willing-to-pay-for-it/
    I absolutely love TNG, but I´d rather have another original movie of similar scale from Shane Black than a sequel.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Jon Hamm and Ed Harris have officially joined the cast of the next Tom Cruise film, Top Gun: Maverick.
    This is excellent news! I can't think of two better candidates for such a film. I saw the famed original for the first time a few weeks back and loved it. I can't wait to see what they have planned for us this time.
    @bondjames they also have a very competent director: Joseph Kosinski, who directed the 2010 film Tron, Only the Brave (with Josh Brolin, Miles Teller and Jeff Bridges), and Oblivion (his first project with Tom Cruise).
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007, I've seen Oblivion, but not the others. I'm expecting that they will deliver some really amazing aerial sequences in the film, given the first one was renown for that. Nolan upped the ante last year with Dunkirk and I'm sure Cruise will want to top that.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames 4 of Cruise's last 5 films had some very impressive/elaborates aerial sequences (Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, The Mummy, American Made, Mission Impossible: Fallout), so he must be really into it. And given Cruise's level of dedication and search for the best movie experience he can give to the audience, I can only expect more highly entertaining action set pieces from him.
    That's true, @DaltonCraig007. I had forgotten about American Made. I loved that film actually, even though it was pretty low key. Like you I'm sure we're in for a treat next year. Can't wait.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Now I'm super excited!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    That's true, @DaltonCraig007. I had forgotten about American Made. I loved that film actually, even though it was pretty low key. Like you I'm sure we're in for a treat next year. Can't wait.

American made was such a fun film
    Creasy47 wrote: »

:O

Yes please!

The Predator will clock in at 1 hour & 41 minutes (6 minutes shorter than the original 1987 outing).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The Predator will clock in at 1 hour & 41 minutes (6 minutes shorter than the original 1987 outing).

That's a bit disappointing to be honest, but at least it has the potential to be lean and mean.

That's a bit disappointing to be honest, but at least it has the potential to be lean and mean.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, how big is the percentage of films that actually profit from being longer?

I have to say that this looks pretty good. It has charm. I read somewhere that he was going to retire from acting, so this may be the last one he does. He's a legend, even though he hasn't made too many films lately.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited August 2018 Posts: 8,034
    boldfinger wrote: »

@CraigMooreOHMSS, how big is the percentage of films that actually profit from being longer?

How long is a piece of string? :P
    First teaser for the latest South Korean zombie film, Rampant, set a few centuries ago (sort of a loose prequel to Train to Busan):

• edited August 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Has this been posted yet?
    Peter Dinklage as Hervé Villechaize!

@bondjames @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @DarthDimi @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

First trailer for A Private War, starring Rosamund Pike, Stanley Tucci and Jamie Dorman:

----

New still of Mandy, the universally acclaimed film starring Nicolas Cage:

d20xr7gbcsi11.jpg
    I'm definitely intrigued. Looks like it will be one heck of a ride.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 40,477

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks pretty good.
    Schindler's List to be re-released on December 7th for its 25th anniversary.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    One of Spielberg s best films. Would love to see it in the cinema.