Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 40,478
    First look at Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate in Tarantino's latest:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Pirates of the Caribbean 6 is confirmed to happen, with the director of the 5th outing (Joachim Rønning) returning for this latest installment.

https://screenrant.com/pirates-caribbean-6-writers-director-release-date/
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Ugh
    Why, the last film wasn’t very good
    Still, bertter than the fourth. Which, I admit, is not saying much.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    These films are for children.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm going to skip the remainder of these trailers so as not to spoil anything. I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    First look at Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate in Tarantino's latest:

Very nice. They've got the look right, but Tate will be difficult to match as she was truly stunning.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yeah, she doesn't exactly look like Sharon Tate. But, that doesn't seem to be the intention.

No harm done, really. Margot Robbie is a terrific actress.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm sure this will be excellent. I wasn't the biggest fan of Creed (although I love the original 4 Rocky films), but the generational conflict that they've set up here will resonate for me.
    The first trailer for the new Simon Pegg/Nick Frost collaboration, Slaughterhouse Rulez, will be released in the next couple of weeks.

The plot: An illustrious British boarding school becomes a bloody battleground when a mysterious sinkhole appears at a nearby fracking site unleashing unspeakable horror.

The cast: Simon Pegg, Michael Sheen, Nick Frost, Hermione Corfield (the record shop girl at the beginning of M:I Rogue Nation).

Release date: October 31, 2018 in the UK.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

Stallone has begun his training for the production of Rambo 5:

rertbnwqwpe11.jpg

----

First trailer for Bel Canto, starring Julianne Moore and Ken Watanabe:

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2018 Posts: 4,444
    IMG_20180808_194822.jpg
    Dutch street promotion of The Spy Who Dumped Me (Now In The Cinema)

Trailer

In pathe cinema's (not avaible in Thusinski) release is tomorrow.
    Not that i think people have much intrest with Mamma Mia 2 and Mission Impossible 6. Also The Equalizer 2 release next weak.
    Mile 22 to clock in at 1 hour & 35 minutes.
    Between that and the clips I´ve seen, there seems to be no time wasted :-).
    wg17294os1f11.jpg
    wg17294os1f11.jpg
    All these white walls make me think of the virtual reality segment he's in. Like untextured hallways in video games when they're still in development. :))
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293
    wg17294os1f11.jpg

Although it's Atkinson that makes it work, I like the minimalism of these JE posters.
    First trailer for Michael Moore's documentary about Donald Trump, Fahrenheit 11/9:

----

First image of Hold The Dark, the new film directed by Jeremy Saulnier (Blue Ruin, Green Room):

04hij6us93f11.jpg

The plot: After the deaths of three children suspected to be by wolves, writer Russell Core is hired by the parents of a missing six-year-old boy to track down and locate their son in the Alaskan wilderness.

The cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Riley Keough, Jeffrey Wright.

Release date: September 21, 2018.
    Hopefully that's a proper Netflix hit and not another dud - I'm a big fan of Saulnier's work, and that's a solid looking cast.
    Michael Moore? No thanks.

I'd rather get buttslammed with a calculus textbook.
    This looks like a lot of fun.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Slaughterhouse Rulez that title is familiar not sure if it was a previous film or song or TV show hmm
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 13,034
    Yes, I remembered it, too, if this is the one. Then there's Kurt Vonnegut, Jr's Slaughterhouse-Five. Both unrelated I guess.

13352_1_front.jpg7446fec741798de6c103e93c3e53f4fe.jpg

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Yes, I remembered it, too, if this is the one. Then there's Kurt Vonnegut, Jr's Slaughterhouse-Five. Both unrelated I guess.

13352_1_front.jpg7446fec741798de6c103e93c3e53f4fe.jpg

Not seen either though certainly knew I had heard the title.
    Slaughterhouse Five actually just got an order for a new TV series on Epix, I think it was.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Kingsman 3 to start filming in January 2019. Ralph Fiennes is rumoured to play one of the new lead roles.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/08/exclusive-details-on-kingsman-3/
    Not sure if this is the thread for that (and I genuinely don't remember if I posted something about this movie already) but Christopher Robin may be my fave movie of the year. It has tons of heart, great message, good humour and is overall amazingly cute.
    First official look at the Michael Bay produced Dora the Explorer live-action film:

DORA_VV_004_R_700x1050.jpg