Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks like you'll now need Netflix if you wish to see Mowgli:

http://collider.com/mowgli-netflix/
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,985

This was filmed at my work about 3 years ago! FB_IMG_1532727546678.jpg. FB_IMG_1532727540255.jpg
    And yes I met Gary Oldman!
    @LeonardPine, very nice! Three years? They either spent a very long time in post, or they shelved this one for a while. My guess is the latter, judging by the trailer.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @LeonardPine, very nice! Three years? They either spent a very long time in post, or they shelved this one for a while. My guess is the latter, judging by the trailer.

Yep I think its been on the shelf. Didn't think it would ever see the light of day.

Seems such a long time ago that our building was turned into the pentagon!
    FB_IMG_1532728795114.jpg

We have a massive production filming here at the moment but I've signed a disclaimer so I can't say what it is!
    @LeonardPine, disclaimer or not, that's gotta be cool! Wherever it is you're working, I can only assume that makes you privy to a lot of different productions and actors then; nice little bonus for working where you do.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @LeonardPine, disclaimer or not, that's gotta be cool! Wherever it is you're working, I can only assume that makes you privy to a lot of different productions and actors then; nice little bonus for working where you do.

Yeah it does. Our workplace seems to be the go to place for U.S buildings like The Pentagon, the CIA and the FBI....!

It's fascinating stuff!

Once the film they are making is released I will post all the pictures I've taken. Some great behind the scenes shots!
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,294
    Hope you'll tell us what film they're filming when you can, @LeonardPine!

I will post all the behind the scenes pictures I have been taking after its release. But I hope to tell you the title before then @Torgeirtrap !

I will post all the behind the scenes pictures I have been taking after its release. But I hope to tell you the title before then @Torgeirtrap !

Great! Looking forward to it! :-)
    Please do @LeonardPine, would love to see them eventually. I love behind the scenes looks, looking forward to it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, thanks for all the updates over the past month on the new films. There's some really interesting stuff coming out in the next few months that I'm really looking forward to.

I hope all is well with you. I saw EQ2 btw and really liked it. I've not seen the first one yet, but that didn't hamper my enjoyment of the sequel. The great Denzel carried the film and shone, as he always does. Pedro Pascal was excellent too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames Glad to see you again. All is good for me, and I hope the same for you too. Great to hear you enjoyed Equalizer 2! It's one of Denzel's most badass roles.

Which trailers did you enjoy the most over the past month?
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,883
    @DaltonCraig007, the one that really caught my eye (perhaps because it's not in a genre I normally entertain) is The Favourite. It seems quirky and eccentric, but also strangely compelling.

In my more favoured genres, I'm really looking forward to The Meg, Mile 22, Hunter Killer and Final Score.

I think Glass will be epic. I must revisit Unbreakable ahead of its release.

The ones that didn't impress were Shazam, Godzilla 2 (despite Vera being in it) and the sad news of this Enter The Dragon remake. :-q
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames The early reactions for The Meg were released last night - you'll be glad to know they seem quite positive. Apparently the film is a totally bonkers yet highly entertaining & fun shark action/adventure. I can't wait to see this new film with Jason Statham (his most recent still being Fate of The Furious over a year ago now).
    The trailers certainly pulled me in @DaltonCraig007, so I'm not surprised. My expectations are actually fairly low for it despite my anticipation. If they can just give us something with the humorous tone of Deep Blue Sea, Lake Placid or Anaconda (all faves of mine) along with some cheap thrills thrown in for good measure, then I'll be very happy.

I haven't seen many of Statham's films from the last 10 years, and so have some catching up to do.

I ordered Central Intelligence on blu by the way, and can't wait to see it. I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed with Skyscraper (too much CGI), but perhaps my expectations were too high. Same goes for Rampage. I'm beginning to think that Dwayne may be a little overexposed.
    In other good news @bondjames: At the Venice Film Festival in late August, where some of the favorites for the Oscars will debut (First Man, Suspiria, Roma, The Favourite, Widows), will also be feature a very exciting film: the latest crime/gangster action revenge film starring Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn, directed by S. Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cellblock 99).
    In other good news @bondjames: At the Venice Film Festival in late August, where some of the favorites for the Oscars will debut (First Man, Suspiria, Roma, The Favourite, Widows), will also be feature a very exciting film: the latest crime/gangster action revenge film starring Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn, directed by S. Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cellblock 99).
    0gbWWFc.gif

Sorry @DaltonCraig007 - couldn't resist. My reaction is actually quite the opposite. I'd read about this film being in the works about a year ago, and so am glad that they're still planning on moving forward with it. Should be great.
    @bondjames here's a reminder of the synopsis: Two policemen, one an old-timer (Mel Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vince Vaughn), find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics become the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.
    This could be great @DaltonCraig007, as long as they have a decent script and get the tone right. Both Mel and Vince have what it takes to really deliver in the right setting and with the right context.
    It sounds like a good companion piece to the upcoming thriller Charlie Johnson in the Flames: Charlie Johnson (Liam Neeson), an American-born war correspondent reporter who works for the BBC, witnesses the death of a young woman while covering a war in the Congo. Haunted by her death, Johnson returns to find the young woman's killer, only to become entangled in a web of violence and intrigue.
    August 2018 preview:

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    VENOM looked interesting though that trailer pretty much laid out the whole film, I don't feel I need to see it now, I may watch it on Bluray.
    Gareth Evans' latest is coming sooner than expected:

3N8NnhY.jpg
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Tommy Wirkola, the director of last year's ""What Happened to Monday?'" (with Noomie Rapace, Glenn Close and Willem Dafoe), has confirmed his next project: the action film War Pigs, starring Mel Gibson and Colin Farrell.

The plot: A group of disillusioned ex-marines go on one last mission to get revenge on the cartel that murdered one of their own while making off with millions of dollars in drug money.

This will be Gibson's last acting job before focusing on his next directorial effort, the WW2 film Destroyer with Mark Wahlberg, which tells the heroic story of how the crewmen of the USS Laffey defended their ship from an astounding 22 kamikaze attacks on April 16, 1945.

Mel Gibson will also co-headline the thriller Dragged Across Concrete* (with Vince Vaughn) and the Joe Carnahan directed sci/fi action film Boss Level** (with Frank Grillo), both already in post-production.

*Two policemen, one an old-timer (Mel Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vince Vaughn), find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics become the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.

**Roy Pulver (Frank Grillo), a retired special forces soldier finds himself trapped in a sinister government program, which results in a never-ending loop leading to his death.

EDIT:

Here is the first official picture of Dragged Across Concrete:

ngzf3bfk2dd11.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I'm curious if any other Americans here have the MoviePass?
    I'm curious if any other Americans here have the MoviePass?

I don't go that often to warrant it, but I pity anyone who has, since it seems like their whole business model changes on a week-to-week basis. Last I read, the latest Mission: Impossible was blocked and now MoviePass owners have to wait two weeks for a new release? Doesn't sound worth it, unless you truly don't care about waiting to see films.
    What is MoviePass?
    First official picture of Willem Dafoe as Van Gogh:

peusstfuiid11.jpg