Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He also apparently will film Black Adam in 2019. If he wasn't already he's definitely going to be aggressively overexposed within the next 24 months alone.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin

Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium, Chappie) is confirmed to direct a new remake of Robocop.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Surely it can't be worse than the new remake. Hopefully. Maybe.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It won't be so much a remake but rather a sequel based on the original Robocop 2 script.
    https://deadline.com/2018/07/robocop-neill-blomkamp-directing-robocop-returns-justin-rhodes-ed-neumeier-michael-miner-mgm-1202424639/
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @Murdock Thanks for the correction! :-bd
    My pleasure. :-bd
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,378
    Not sure about Blomkamp directing Robocop Returns, District 9 was great though he has repeated himself too much with his other films.

As a side note I wish they would get Weller involved to voice Robocop then I would be totally in.

----

Dh6cn_Y7_VAAAJg_Bd.jpg
    Dh6c_PFi_Xk_AAJTpj.jpg
    Dh6cs_Th_VMAAgcm8.jpg
    Dh6f_RYg_Uw_AEc_Tf_Q.jpg
    Dh6_Z7b_NU0_AEMd69.jpg
    Especially the last picture is intriguing.

I feel very tempted to watch Unbreakable and Split again right away.
    8n9600mrlj911.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Couldn't they have a human swimming there instead. :( Photoshop a Kardashian in place of the doggo.
    Couldn't they have a human swimming there instead. :( Photoshop a Kardashian in place of the doggo.

Just make it the whole family for the sake of consistency!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Glass look's interesting though Unbreakable and Split were OK movies, I would not say either film is great.
    I've still yet to see Split due to hearing some spoilers; I'll probably manage to catch it before Glass is released. I absolutely love Unbreakable.
    First official images of Godzilla: King of the Monsters :

9xIVe6B.jpg
    kIWf4gn.jpg
    edited July 2018 Posts: 23,378
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've still yet to see Split due to hearing some spoilers; I'll probably manage to catch it before Glass is released. I absolutely love Unbreakable.

I have most of M. Night Shyamalan films on dvd there is a good director in there for sure, I do find his films quite ponderous at times. I will most likely rewatch Unbreakable again before Glass I'll see if i can find it cheap on Bluray.
    8n9600mrlj911.jpg

I love this new trend of homaging posters from older movies. Skyscraper with it's Die Hard inspired poster and now The Meg with it's Jaws inspired poster. More of this please.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Oh you definitely should, @Creasy47. Split is one of Shyamalan´s best films IMO. It´s quite different from Unbreakable, but on par with it.

8n9600mrlj911.jpg
    Considering the size the meg has on the other posters, this is a very huge poodle, and we can be glad if the meg saves humankind from it!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Just make it the whole family for the sake of consistency!

Even better. #savedoggonotkardashian
    @MajorDSmythe I'm sure that seeing the doggo about to be eaten by the shark will be what causes the film's climax to start - Jason Statham's anger will be at a point of no return and will thus proceed to repeatedly punch that shark until it explodes into a million pieces.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,894
    @MajorDSmythe I'm sure that seeing the doggo about to be eaten by the shark will be what causes the film's climax to start - Jason Statham's anger will be at a point of no return and will thus proceed to repeatedly punch that shark until it explodes into a million pieces.

Then I hope he goes full John Wick on the shark. Doggo is my emotional achilles heel. I can watch someone getting their head torn in half at the jaw or strangled with their own intestinal tract, in the Hatchet films, and think "that's a brutal kill", but doggo gets a small scrape on its paw, and I turn to jelly.

An ensuing two hour Statham vs. Meg wrestling match, sign me up!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm sure that seeing the doggo about to be eaten by the shark will be what causes the film's climax to start - Jason Statham's anger will be at a point of no return and will thus proceed to repeatedly punch that shark until it explodes into a million pieces.
    An ensuing two hour Statham vs. Meg wrestling match, sign me up!
    Make that three!
    @DaltonCraig007 @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

DiAws51XUAEVjYN.jpg

FINAL SCORE is in cinemas in UK & Ireland Sept 7.
    I was under the impression Brosnan was the lead, but it's Bautista?
    It is, yes. Brosnan plays a supporting character in it.

Undisclosed, of course.
    That's not a problem. Sudden Death is one of my favourite JCVD films, and this looks very similar.