Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Michael Moore? No thanks.

I'd rather get buttslammed with a calculus textbook.

He has no credibility.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "A Michael Bay produced Dora the Explorer live-action film" is not something I ever expected to read an announcement for.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    "A Michael Bay produced Dora the Explorer live-action film" is not something I ever expected to read an announcement for.

Isn t she supposed to be a little kid?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Is that a joke? :))
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Kingsman 3 to start filming in January 2019. Ralph Fiennes is rumoured to play one of the new lead roles.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/08/exclusive-details-on-kingsman-3/

I didn’t think they would make it, I’m very excited
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    jake24 wrote: »
    Is that a joke? :))

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7547410/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Sadly not. ;)
    She went from a cartel head's daughter in the latest Sicario to Dora the Explorer, of all roles. What a turn. I'll be surprised if anyone over 10 years of age will want to see this.
    She has kept her fashion sense, I see.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,690
    The planned remake of Scarface, directed by Antoine Fuqua, is aiming to get Denzel Washington in the lead role. This would be their 5th collaboration, after Training Day, The Equalizer, The Magnificent Seven and Equalizer 2.
    First look at Dan Stevens in Gareth Evans' upcoming action thriller Apostle:

Apostle.jpg?resize=768%2C512&ssl=1
    First look at Holmes and Watson, starring Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Rob Brydon, Kelly Macdonald, Rebecca Hall, Ralph Fiennes and Hugh Laurie.

Holmes_and_Watson_EW_700x467.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The planned remake of Scarface, directed by Antoine Fuqua, is aiming to get Denzel Washington in the lead role. This would be their 5th collaboration, after Training Day, The Equalizer, The Magnificent Seven and Equalizer 2.
    Not sure if I want to see a remake of Scarface, but Fuqua/Washington have a good record.
    First look at Dan Stevens in Gareth Evans' upcoming action thriller Apostle:

Apostle.jpg?resize=768%2C512&ssl=1
    I'm intrigued.
    First look at Holmes and Watson, starring Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, Rob Brydon, Kelly Macdonald, Rebecca Hall, Ralph Fiennes and Hugh Laurie.

Not sure what to make of the choice of leads (presumably this is a comedy), but the supporting cast is excellent.
    @bondjames according to IMDB it's an action/comedy/adventure/mystery, and with that cast it should be quite fun.

----

EDIT: fan-made.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I'm definitely interested, and I agree that it should be fun at the very least.

I'm quite looking forward to the first Captain Marvel trailer.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Cough cough!

5ed4541d1fde7979-600x400.jpg
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns At least we have this proper new image of Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse:

ma83_Db2r4wqog_Z_0xef_LGVhc_VPXTg5dd_E26_Moz_E05_KU.jpg

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,376
    Deleted
    bondjames wrote: »

Not sure what to make of the choice of leads (presumably this is a comedy), but the supporting cast is excellent.
    I´m not at all keen on Ferrell as Holmes. If only Fiennes and Laurie were the leads… I wouldn´t even care who of those two would Play Holmes and who Watson.

First official look at Green Book:

4l5osuqesgf11.jpg

The plot: An Italian-American bouncer with a seventh-grade education is hired to drive a world-class pianist on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South. They must rely on the “Negro Motorist Green Book” to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for blacks. Confronted with racism, danger — as well as unexpected humanity and humor — they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive.

Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali.

Release date: November 21, 2018.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    First official look at Green Book:

4l5osuqesgf11.jpg

The plot: An Italian-American bouncer with a seventh-grade education is hired to drive a world-class pianist on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South. They must rely on the “Negro Motorist Green Book” to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for blacks. Confronted with racism, danger — as well as unexpected humanity and humor — they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive.

Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali.

Release date: November 21, 2018.

looks like viggo beefed up for the role.

(The Road is one of my favorite films, and my fave Viggo performance)
    @peter, that was my first thought. Viggo's the man and Mahershala is such an excellent actor, so I'm sure they'll make this a great film off of their chemistry alone.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @peter, that was my first thought. Viggo's the man and Mahershala is such an excellent actor, so I'm sure they'll make this a great film off of their chemistry alone.

yes @Creasy47 -- very much looking forward to this. Two great actors and a compelling story. I'll be there!
    I don't usually care much for chosing a film because of its cast, but this could be really good.
    First official look at Shia Laboeuf in David Ayer's latest crime/thriller film The Tax Collector:

Tug_Ws_Yt1860_Sxz_UXO51w_O0_Xsl9sxd_T24fhn_JN3_Qx_Ipc.jpg
    x8gyq0unqhf11.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Creasy47 :

F*#k ya!!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Brilliant! :D
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

A new picture from Dragged Across Concrete with Vince Vaugh and Mel Gibson:

bnn9u964dif11.jpg
    I need a trailer already; I'm guessing one is inbound given how many shots they've been dropping over the past few weeks.