Trust them. They just know.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    MrBond wrote: »
    Is this MI6s way to tell us that the title will in fact be
    "Wave-Link" ?

That never gets old. :))
    PUF5WbK.jpg
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    If we ever were to compile a best-of from this site, then that picture and the corresponding comments before and after it would HAVE to be nominated!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If we ever were to compile a best-of from this site, then that picture and the corresponding comments before and after it would HAVE to be nominated!

Looks like you have a good idea for a thread there.

Whatever it is? Most likely unrelated to the film and will be just another anti-climax?!!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It has nothing to do with Bond 25. It’s an MI6 Confidential magazine dedicated to Roger Moore.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Looks like you have a good idea for a thread there.

Yes, please :D
    I trust in Boyle. He has never directed a movie that I didn't like.

Who I don't trust is Babs and MGW..
    I always get Aidan Turner and a pile of manure mixed up. Maybe it's the face.
    What has such a comment to do in this thread?

All I know is that I saw Aidan Turner is Loving Vincent and I thought he was cute (even though he was techninally a painting), anyways I don't know if i"ve watched a Danny Boyle film but I know he's a big fan of John Barry so that always bodes well for the music side of his Bond film , hope fully we get a decent score for once, it's been so long, also that Wave Link image inspired me to go on a nostaliga trip to the world of Wave Race 64 for the past 5 hours.
    boldfinger wrote: »

I suppose, Mendes earned it. That easy.
    "Death on the Nile" moved to December 20th, so for the time being Bond has Nov 8 in the US all for himself
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/954321-fox-sets-release-dates-for-death-on-the-nile-spies-in-disguise-and-more
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Agreed.
    nikos78 wrote: »
    "Death on the Nile" moved to December 20th, so for the time being Bond has Nov 8 in the US all for himself
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/954321-fox-sets-release-dates-for-death-on-the-nile-spies-in-disguise-and-more
    Looking forward to this sequel. The original is one of my favourite films from the 70s and I hope this can live up to my expectations (they had better film it onsite rather CGI). With any luck, I'll be able to catch it in IMAX.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 1,548
    Ewan McGregor will be in b25. Just a gut feeling.

Mod edit: @LeChiffre, please use the EDIT button (check out the icon in the upper right corner right above this post.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Guarantee the announcement will be some absolutely mundane thing no one cares about
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Again, it's already been stated that it was another deluxe edition of the MI6Confidential magazine, focusing on Roger Moore.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Again, it's already been stated that it was another deluxe edition of the MI6Confidential magazine, focusing on Roger Moore.

It looks darn good, too!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

Bond 25 will still have wonder woman 1984 to go up against

A 34 year old film shouldn't be too stiff competition.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

B25 better have a killer marketing campaign if it is to go up against WW84. The latter is likely to steal IMAX screens away from the former, as well.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    jake24 wrote: »

B25 better have a killer marketing campaign if it is to go up against WW84. The latter is likely to steal IMAX screens away from the former, as well.

Well IMAX films today seem to steal one another's screen a week later so I really see no reason that Bond 25 shouldn't be released in IMAX
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

Well IMAX films today seem to steal one another's screen a week later so I really see no reason that Bond 25 shouldn't be released in IMAX
    I hope so. Some of the greatest cinematic experineces I've had were in IMAX, so I'd hate to see B25 deprived of that format.

Well yes, Bond will already have one major blockbuster to compete with, but at least it will have opened a week earlier. The move of Poirot to Christmas makes his release date even less competitive.
    of all the actresses mentioned as potential female villains so far, tilda swinton is the most natural fit. as with all of the names suggested so far I would like her to play it relatively straight tho.

she is a total chameleon and can play practically anything. watch her in a Bigger Splash, Snowpiercer and Trainwreck to see her uneievable range.

Trainwreck in particular had me double taking. she is hilarious and brilliant in it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Getafix wrote: »
    of all the actresses mentioned as potential female villains so far, tilda swinton is the most natural fit. as with all of the names suggested so far I would like her to play it relatively straight tho.

she is a total chameleon and can play practically anything. watch her in a Bigger Splash, Snowpiercer and Trainwreck to see her uneievable range.

Trainwreck in particular had me double taking. she is hilarious and brilliant in it.

I genuinely had no clue it was her in Trainwreck until I was nearly done watching it. I've championed for her to play a Bond villain for many years now.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.

*offtopic* The really troublesome news to me is, that Brannagh is doing DEATH ON THE NILE. The one good thing, he won't be available to play the Bond villain.
    IMO Boyle is a good choice for director because he makes films that have great pace and energy to them, which after SF and SP is much needed. However, after B25 I hope we move away from autuers back to "entertainment" directors. If Campbell is too old, please let Nolan have a go and really give the franchise the facelift it's in need of. Think about how dramatically he transformed Batman, and made it relevant and timely again in the cinematic landscape. I get the feeling after Interstellar and Dunkirk and whatever he does next, he will probably be looking to direct another franchise film again around the time of B26, the timeline will match up. I think Bond 25 can be a critical darling, but can not see a big financial hit. Not to say they won't make their money back if they rein in the budget, which seems likely. But they have driven Bond into a sort of arty area, and I would like some blockbuster brawn back in Bond once the smoke clears.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Its really amazing, how somebody can say the same things over and over, phrasing it a bit different and believe, he has said something substantial. Its a gift ....