DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I very much doubt that these films are meant for children.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    It's the Thunderfingerian sense of humour, Dimi. ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Batman Ninja will be my next DC purchase, I have read some positive reviews, though admittedly I buy the majority of DC's animated movies.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Not very suited for children, that. ;)
    They made this movie 11 years ago, what gives?

They did indeed, but they took lots of liberties (the biggest example was replacing the 4 unique Supermen with a generic evil Superman clone)

reign-of-the-supermen-cover-posters.jpg

This one will follow the books more closely, and part 2 WILL have the 4 Supermen! I'm curious what they do with Superboy's appearance, since he's the one out of the 4 who could really use an upgrade... that dude reeks of every bad 90's trend

SUPERBOY-KARL-KESEL.jpg
    Not very suited for children, that. ;)
    Oh that, I concur, Commander... Darth! ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    They made this movie 11 years ago, what gives?

They did indeed, but they took lots of liberties (the biggest example was replacing the 4 unique Supermen with a generic evil Superman clone)

reign-of-the-supermen-cover-posters.jpg

This one will follow the books more closely, and part 2 WILL have the 4 Supermen! I'm curious what they do with Superboy's appearance, since he's the one out of the 4 who could really use an upgrade... that dude reeks of every bad 90's trend

SUPERBOY-KARL-KESEL.jpg

I have the Death of Superman graphic novel bought it on the first day of release, it was a big deal for sure at the time. I am interested to see what they do with the closer take on the comic run.
    I was 10 when 'Reign of the Supermen' came out, and I distinctly remember being bummed out when the Cyborg ended up being the bad one. He was the one out of the 4 that I could feasibly see being the real deal!
    I especially loved his first 'intro issue' that mirrored the cover of another Superman comic I had growing up, and he even met Bill Clinton! :))

GANNmgG.jpg

Of course, adult me realizes that would be dumb if they kept it like that: Cyborg Superman.... no way that would have lasted.
    I can relate the kid version of me thought Cyborg Superman looked cool.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2018 Posts: 17,687
    Just saw Infinity War.
    Now why I like Justice League more, even though IW is objectively better.
    In MY day, comics were pretty simple. Then came the 'event' crossovers. Then the BIG events. Then the EVENT events. So yeah, this theatrical MCU event is big, well built up to and staggeringly well engineered, but it reminds me of why I stopped buying comics in the 80's/90's. The bigger is better thing. Zack Snyder was going to attempt this in Justice League (pt. 1) and TPTB saw the flaw in his overall plan and (I believe) wisely tasked Joss Whedon to simplify it, add humour, and a new ending to make it a self-contained tale. DC comic heroes were never as 'real-word' orientated as Marvel ones, but later the Marvel ones started on the path to 'out there' as well. So, Justice League (the movie) ended up being a simple story of getting back Superman while defeating Steppendog instead of a set up for a longer tale that I would have never bothered with... in food terms, sometimes a good frozen pizza is just fine. *

*This personal rating subject to change without notice if Infinity War 2 is as good as I hope it will be...
  • "Andy Serkis may want in on The Batman."

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-andy-serkis-villain-role-matt-reeves/

I'm all for Serkis appearing in The Batman film, my vote goes to him playing The Riddler. Here's a piece of fan art I did a couple of years ago:

the_riddler___andy_serkis_by_swannmadeleine-dadcind.jpg

I could see him being Professor Hugo Strange more.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'll take Serkis in anything personally. I agree that he could make a very interesting Riddler.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I could see him being Professor Hugo Strange more.

That s what I thought as well.

the_riddler___andy_serkis_by_swannmadeleine-dadcind.jpg

He literally looks the part already, and he's not even trying to there. Throw on glasses, and done!

250px-ModernHugoStrange.jpg

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    32272309_609284136101226_2670976016045834240_n.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First poster for Shazam! :

32273865_1900797823545524_2636487179550851072_n.jpg
    That's funny- I saw your first post (with the actor standing next to it) and assumed it was art for the inevitable 7-Eleven, McDonald's, etc tie ins!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    32272309_609284136101226_2670976016045834240_n.jpg

I wonder who/what is next to him? On the bottom and top left of the pic, his right. Looks like someones arm and possibly a cape or headdress.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,267
    I am a big fan of Zach Shazam should be alot of fun, a movie critic pointed out the film may take the Tom Hanks Big route, which would be a good idea as there is alot of comedy potential there.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    No matter how much other work he does, I still think of Serkis as from Lord of the Rings.

I wonder who/what is next to him? On the bottom and top left of the pic, his right. Looks like someones arm and possibly a cape or headdress.

It’s Aquaman’s solo poster
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,813
    DagTmI7.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Thanks @Master_Dahark! I'm looking forward to his solo film than any of the other DC films.
    It seems we are getting a Cold War setting for Wonder Woman 2:

xl7fsxnd8g111.jpg
    Set in 1984? Hmm...
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    It seems we are getting a Cold War setting for Wonder Woman 2:

xl7fsxnd8g111.jpg

I’m anxious to see what they have planned.
    D2_F36169_7990_4_DEB_B7_A3_CF7_FF87_CAFD0.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm not the biggest fan of the first film, but I have to admit I'm increasingly interested in this. The fact that they're advancing the timeline into the mid 80's has me intrigued as to what they come up with.
    I wonder if she’ll bump into young Bruce.....

20160518_111820.jpg