DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    chrisisall wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I just bought and watched Batman V Superman (extended version) and WOW, what a dark stupid mess of a film it was. I sat through 3 hours to glean maybe an hour of goodness out of it. No WONDER why Zack was relieved of directing duties into Justice League. The only good parts were the action scenes and Wonder Woman. I do not regret buying a used copy or watching it at all, but it makes me appreciate how Justice League was guided by Joss Whedon into being a FAR better experience than it otherwise would have been!

Is it the first time you watched it?

I enjoy the film though admittedly maybe too much is crammed into it.

Yeah, first time for me. I liked the Batman stuff, LOVED the Wonder Woman stuff, but all the collateral damage, and political crap (no matter how well intentioned) just took me out of the fantasy experience. The Batmobile scenes were awesome.

Glad you enjoyed the action, I thought the Bruce, Clark and Lex scene at the party were great. I admit the Doomsday scenes fall flat mid way through, though WW is awesome.

FFS tomorrow we'll see "BREAKING NEWS: Could Ben Affleck be staying on as Batman after all????????"

So much back and forth, it’s just getting ridiculous

I think Batfleck will stay as surely if he was leaving something would have been said by now, Ben's possibly making sure the next Batman project is worth his while, though that's probably wishful thinking on my part.
    Well, everybody get ready for the fourth rehash of Bruce's parents getting murdered.

Maybe this time Bruce will murder his parents and Joe Chill will become Batman. Any novelty's welcome at this point.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Can t they just show it in a title sequence?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 5,767

Well, everybody get ready for the fourth rehash of Bruce's parents getting murdered.
    Hopefully this time we get a worthy interpretation of the killing of Bruce´s parents, with that part taking about 70% of the film, and only in the closing scene of the film we get a short glimpse of Bruce watching a bat.

Basically the film should be a build-up to a prequel from the point of view of the pearl necklace. It´s obvious that some bat droppings fell into the sea, into some clams, and the story of how those pearls slowly became what we know them to be is an incredible, gripping, heart-touching story, based on true events, that hasn´t been told ever.

But seriously, great song:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

First official pictures of Wonder Woman 1984:

uprqrasmqr311.jpg
    Dfk_Y_7_W0_AEo_To3.jpg
    This too @DaltonCraig007

Exciting!

35286519_1177559469069804_4683587816821620736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ca53878f560ecb027a21f66ab5c1277d&oe=5BA827C0
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Steve is back?! :O
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Master_Dahark Thanks!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Looking good @DaltonCraig007. I'm really looking forward to the WW sequel, despite not being a huge fan of the original. Origin stories generally don't impress me (there are exceptions of course, like BB), but the sequels usually take it up a notch once all the protracted backstory is done with. I'm looking forward to a Winter Soldier rivaling sophomore effort from DC with this one. Everything is on the line and Patty Jenkins had better deliver.
    I find it funny and odd and kind of sad that the dceu is limping along and it’s character they haven’t done before cinematically that seem to be doing the best Wonder Woman Aquaman etc but characters they have done before and successfully (Superman and sadly Batman) they can’t get their acts together I just don’t get it what’s worse is Batman has one of the best rogues gallery and Superman as a decent rogue gallery but apart from Doomsday and Nolan using Ra’s al ghul finally the franchise keeps reusing the same villains (it’s why I at least respect sucked squad though I haven’t seen it for including Croc Harly Quinn and Deadshot and why at a time I was super excite for the Batman as it had Deathstroke but now ... sigh at least KGBeast was in Batman v superman
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited June 2018 Posts: 1,257

FFS tomorrow we'll see "BREAKING NEWS: Could Ben Affleck be staying on as Batman after all????????"

So much back and forth, it’s just getting ridiculous

Seriously, not this shit again. The linked article is just clickbait nonsense anyway. The whole article is based on a single sentence from the recent Deadline article regarding Geoff Johns new role. The statement offered no clarification or new information regarding Affleck and in all likelihood, was probably just a parroting of some previously-circulated baseless rumor. Yet clickbait culture took it and ran with it like it was breaking news.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    WW1984 look's interesting good to see Hagman and Brinkley in that first image, I am intrigued what they are going to do with this film. The second spoilerific image of Steve could be one of three things.
    I don’t know what to make of Steve Trevor returning. I hope whatever they have planned doesn’t lessen the impact of his death in the first film. I’m kind of hoping he's just a vision or something, but judging my this films working title of Magic Hour, there may be something more to it.
    I don’t know what to make of Steve Trevor returning. I hope whatever they have planned doesn’t lessen the impact of his death in the first film. I’m kind of hoping he's just a vision or something, but judging my this films working title of Magic Hour, there may be something more to it.

Steve could be trapped in the Underworld
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,690
    xp69x2r5yz311.jpg
    DufoaBT.jpg
    Is Yahya wearing an Omega Seamaster?
    Dfq84_LZW4_AIMJ1_Q.jpg
    Dfq84z_YXc_AEjy_Aq.jpg
    Dfq85g_YWk_AA1g_Jg.jpg
    Dfq85_Iu_X4_AAV0_K4.jpg
    Does Nicole Kidman ever age? What a beauty! :O
    This is a pretty cool looking set. The lighting in the back gives it an underwater vibe.

7k4-_6eUCIsAe8nZwQGOkSGRJ1VuzG3ptVaI7NgxdEU.jpg?s=60a62699fe2ff630be650bdcae0bff87
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Does Nicole Kidman ever age? What a beauty! :O

Same with Renee Russo.
    This does look good!!!
    First pic of Black Manta :

black-manta-aquaman.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=576&fit=crop
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Is Yahya wearing an Omega Seamaster?
    It's definitely not a Seamaster (no helium release valve), but I'm not sure what it is.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 1,257
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sensational.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Jesus, she's immaculate. If only I could forget about her politics.