No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I still find it exciting that in the next 7 months we will get a ton of info including the title

Fingers crossed it The Property of a Lady patterns be damned
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Risico007 wrote: »
    God if Jolie is the villain of Bond 25 I will be disappointed

We go from great actors like Mads Milkessen Matheu Armac Javier Bardem and Christop Waltz to Angelina Jolie
    I'm not a huge fan of Jolie, but she certainly is a very talented actress. Go, and watch Girl, Interrupted if you don't believe me.
    The only information we will get before December is stuff we already know. All will be revealed in a big Christmas hamper.
    Absolute nonsense. IF the filming really will start in December, we will get TONS of information before December. Locations, crew, cast, story rumours.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

We go from great actors like Mads Milkessen Matheu Armac Javier Bardem and Christop Waltz to Angelina Jolie

That casting reeks of the Brosnan Era

God knows we don’t agree on much but I’m with you there.

Rather underwhelming.

God knows we don’t agree on much but I’m with you there.

Rather underwhelming.

Agree. If a female villain, there's plenty of names I'd rather see.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of Jolie, though I don't particularly dislike her. I just keep being reminded that I probably would be ranking CR considerably lower had she taken the lead role of Vesper.

Probably would be the same with her as a lead Bond villain.

I like to feel optimistic when a new Bond film is underway, and this rumor doesn't help one bit.
    Were likely going to get locations this summer, which will lead to possible plot details.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    If what Cashley says is true though, there may not be very many locations to discuss if the film is going to be Britain based.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'd be very surprised if BOND 25 is Britain-based. Again.

After the last two the opportunity seems to set up the larger scale mission with a global caper by the villain. Which should please a large part of the audience as long as it's done well.
    Danny Boyle can be trusted. Best man for the job seeing as Martin Campbell seems to be persona non grata these days. PS I do not want a female villain. I want a male villain who is a physical threat to Bond. Like Silva.
    These rumours from CashleyPersia shouldn't be taken as fact quite so soon. By his own admission, he hadn't heard Danny Boyle’s name mentioned until the Variety article, so there's definitely an element of things constantly changing that he's not aware of. I mean, if singer Dua Lipa is finally cast (absurd when you think that she's only 22) and there is a female understudy to Bond (Dirty Harry did this first with The Enforcer) then we'll know for sure how accurate his info is. Part of me is hoping that what Cashley is reporting is false—However, if what he's saying is true, then this could make SP look like a bona fide classic by comparison.
    They have to make something better than SP. it needs to be on par with skyfall
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's more the #MeToo era my friend. ;)

And we are yet to see what impact that will have on Bond.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Oh no?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Oh no?
    My sentiment exactly.
    Oh no?
    My sentiment exactly.

Oh no?

Better have a film that is universally liked, a critical and BO success then having - what?

A film liked by a minority? There is no other option.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Oh no?
    My sentiment exactly.

Oh no?

Better have a film that is universally liked, a critical and BO success then having - what?

What about a film that balances both? Surely that's the way to go.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,280
    Oh no?
    My sentiment exactly.

Oh no?

What about a film that balances both? Surely that's the way to go.

This! Couldn't get interested in either of these two films.
    Oh no?
    My sentiment exactly.

Oh no?

How about I don’t care for critics and I like a good bond film so no I don’t want another skyfall
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 6,601
    And who decides, what is a good Bond film? How to decide if SF didnt balance both? Obviously it did for the majority. But no film will ever satisfy all.

I feel, Bond purists tend to be rather stubborn in their approach. This is good - that is not. Their good right, but is it also smart? Times change, the approach has to change. Some of that more successful then Others.

So yes, lets hope for the first. Even if it doesnt satisfy all of you people here.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I'm hopeful Boyle can deliver the goods. At the very least a major step up from SP, and better than SF and QoS - both which I am not keen on.
    And who decides, what is a good Bond film? How to decide if SF didnt balance both? Obviously it did for the majority. But no film will ever satisfy all.

I feel, Bond purists tend to be rather stubborn in their approach. This is good - that is not. Their good right, but is it also smart? Times change, the approach has to change. Some of that more successful then Others.

So yes, lets hope for the first. Even if it doesnt satisfy all of you people here.

But I don’t care for the majority I just want a bond film that does bond right.
    Again - who is to decide? You can for yourself, of course, but these films are done to make money and entertain and like it or not - whats well done or not in that consens is up to success and money - only that will bring you people Bond films for years to come.
    And please dont answer with „ i dont care about years to come, if I dont like them“

Understand, its not about you, its a business. No more, no less. They try to please as many people as Possible. Nothing else is important for them.

Still I believe, Babs and Co TRY to remain as truthful to the source, as the demands of our changing times ask for. You cant ask for more.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sorry, this one was nine months ago:

http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/

Boyle will finish filming his musical in 3 to 4 weeks as far as I know, hopefully they will officially announce him as the director of Bond 25 shortly after that.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sorry, this one was nine months ago:

http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/

Boyle will finish filming his musical in 3 to 4 weaks as far as I know, hopefully they will officially announce him as the director of Bond 25 shortly after that.

That seems to be the more likely scenario now so once boyle is done with his musical he will get down to the nitty gritty with bond 25
    And please dont answer with „ i dont care about years to come, if I dont like them“

Understand, its not about you, its a business. No more, no less. They try to please as many people as Possible. Nothing else is important for them.

Still I believe, Babs and Co TRY to remain as truthful to the source, as the demands of our changing times ask for. You cant ask for more.

There’s no point in having bond films if they arnt good. And don’t answer with “ oh skyfall was a crtitical success” because critics are not always correct. And the direction they are taking the franchise proved to be a bad one with spectre . So forgive me but yes I don’t want them to go in the skyfall spectre direction because even though they are successful I don’t think they are objectively good films that live up to the franchises legacy
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

There’s no point in having bond films if they arnt good. And don’t answer with “ oh skyfall was a crtitical success” because critics are not always correct. And the direction they are taking the franchise proved to be a bad one with spectre . So forgive me but yes I don’t want them to go in the skyfall spectre direction because even though they are successful I don’t think they are objectively good films that live up to the franchises legacy

That bit negates itself. Objectivity isn't influenced by your own opinions. I don't care for it in the slightest either but understand how others do. It obviously did something right with the reviews and box office returns it achieved.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's possible to make money and please the fans of the franchise. The two are not mutually exclusive.

There is more than one way to make money from a series in this genre. Ultimately it comes down to what direction they want to take.

The continued passion and enthusiasm of the core fans is critical in my view. They are the ones who will ensure the repeat viewings which in turn are essential to the oversize box office grosses.

The only trick is to keep up with the times and evolve gently enough not to scare away the current fans while still bringing in new long time ones.
    As much as the critical and financial success of SF is all well and good, it did take the franchise in a direction which eventually gave us SP - a continuity hell of a film. Where do they go from here? I guess many (not only members here) were underwhelmed by the latest effort.