No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited May 2018 Posts: 2,721
    Remington wrote: »
    It was easier when there were more titles to use from the original Fleming. The best ones have already gone, IMO.

Apart from Risico. Love that title.

It’s the only one they can realistically use that’s left.

I know a lot of people love property of a lady but I’m not sold yet.

In my world, Remyland, that title was already used for Dalton's third film.

Glad someone else shares this comforting delusion with me. I vividly remember going to see Risico in 1991 and Property of a Lady in 1993. I picked up the posters with Dalton on them from my local cinema, which they gave to me after I saw each film for the tenth time. I even have the John Gardner novelisations (which differ slightly from the films in my mind) and audiobooks read by David Rintoul...
    I still love RISICO, THE PROPERTY OF A LADY and THE HILDEBRAND RARITY for titles. COLONEL SUN is extremely Bondian as well. Just use a different torture method for the film version.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    It was easier when there were more titles to use from the original Fleming. The best ones have already gone, IMO.

Apart from Risico. Love that title.

It’s the only one they can realistically use that’s left.

I know a lot of people love property of a lady but I’m not sold yet.

In my world, Remyland, that title was already used for Dalton's third film.

Glad someone else shares this comforting delusion with me. I vividly remember going to see Risico in 1991 and Property of a Lady in 1993. I picked up the posters with Dalton on them from my local cinema, which they gave to me after I saw each film for the tenth time. I even have the John Gardner novelisations (which differ slightly from the films in my mind) and audiobooks read by David Rintoul...

Ahh, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Plenty of good and usable chapter titles left.

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Revelator wrote: »

Plenty of good and usable chapter titles left.

I think The Eye That Never Sleeps could have worked for SP.
    I've always liked Risico although it sounds a lot like Sicario, which I don't think did very well.

I don't care for Property of a Lady, it sounds too much like a Merchant-Ivory or some highbrow film, same with The Hildebrand Rarity. But they went with Quantum of Solace, which likely had a lot of people scratching their heads as to what the hell that meant.
    I honestly feel all 4 short story titles and many of the chapter title will be used before the sun sets on the franchise
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I honestly feel all 4 short story titles and many of the chapter title will be used before the sun sets on the franchise

I do hope so.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ousted CEO Gary Barber contemplates a leveraged bid for MGM. He already owns 9%. This could get interesting.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mgm-holdings-m-a-barber-exclusive/exclusive-ousted-mgm-ceo-explores-bid-for-the-u-s-movie-studio-sources-idUSKCN1IM2FP
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Oh boy...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Please tell me this doesn’t spell bad news for Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Please tell me this doesn’t spell bad news for Bond.

It is hard for me to imagine, with investors' high demands, that they would be so stupid as to delay Bond, which is MGM's admitted meal ticket. But I have ceased trying to apply logic to anything anymore. LOL
    There is always a spanner in the works with Bond for some reason.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    If this indicates anything then that's mgm will want to get bond 25 out next year to put them back on track financially
    I forget who was the owner/CEO during the Brosnan era, but those were the days.
    Once GoldenEye was released, they made damn sure we got a new film every two years.
    TripAces wrote: »
    It is hard for me to imagine, with investors' high demands, that they would be so stupid as to delay Bond, which is MGM's admitted meal ticket
    If this indicates anything then that's mgm will want to get bond 25 out next year to put them back on track financially
    If they're not selling, yes, I agree. But if MGM is selling, then their reliance on Bond 25 being released ASAP surely goes away.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Once GoldenEye was released, they made damn sure we got a new film every two years.

It was Kirk Kerkorian (a former MGM owner who resurfaced in the 1990s).
    edited May 2018 Posts: 8,087
    =D> he gave us GE and TND 2 years apart! =D>
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Kerkorian and MGW had a fallout during the production (or pre-production) of TND if I recall.

Of course!!! Kerkorian! (spoken in my best Daniel Craig voice).
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

Of course!!! Kerkorian! (spoken in my best Daniel Craig voice).

Purses lips and nods head
    FAKE NEWS! "I believe I'm contracted to be in it. That's as much as I know,” We have known his for months.

I've said this many times, but it looks bloody awful on EON that this is how the message gets out. It comes across as a distracting chore for everyone involved.
    octofinger wrote: »
    FAKE NEWS! "I believe I'm contracted to be in it. That's as much as I know,” We have known his for months.

I've said this many times, but it looks bloody awful on EON that this is how the message gets out. It comes across as a distracting chore for everyone involved.

And, of course, six years ago, Whishaw's agent said his client had been cast as Q. Broccoli and Craig denied it, roughly around the time Whishaw was wrapping up his work on the film. (Interview was done as work was finishing at Pinewood and the first unit would shortly depart for Turkey.)
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Just revisited the IMDb page of bond 25 and Vic Armstrong is not listed anymore really hoping this is a goof from IMDb
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just revisited the IMDb page of bond 25 and Vic Armstrong is not listed anymore really hoping this is a goof from IMDb

IMDb is a user-altered site; I could go on there right now if I wished and add Whoopi Goldberg as being rumored to play James Bond. Don't trust IMDb for any reason.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

IMDb is a user-altered site; I could go on there right now if I wished and add Whoopi Goldberg as being rumored to play James Bond. Don't trust IMDb for any reason.

=)) Whoopi Goldberg to play James Bond #brave
    She's too old for the part.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    She would be worse than Brosnan.
    Danny Boyle is doing a talk next Tuesday in Liverpool....

Dd9ZVfdVAAA44Gu.jpg:large

Is Bond confirmation coming......

Also Baz is going to release a new article tonight. I feel something in my bones that something is coming tonight?
    Also Baz is going to release a new article tonight. I feel something in my bones that something is coming tonight?

That would be fantastic!