No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I still consider it great, great entertainment. A complete fun ride from the start to the end. I love it!

LALD? Yes, as do I.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 5,767
    RC7 wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Personally I like the water plot in QOS,the way they are planning to sneak in and control all of S.America's water supply intrigues me.
    As does the very real situation that water is the world's most precious resource,not oil.

Add in Greene,Beam,Elvis et al,and it makes a great film to me.
    Nice and grounded.

But they do nothing with it. They don’t sell it in any way, it’s just background noise. We get several generic images of native Bolivians and an arty shot of a tap.
    They do a lot with it, just in an artsy way that isn´t for everyone. QoS is like a remix of a traditional Bond film.

I’m sorry, they don’t. Artsy or not, that whole angle is undercooked.
    It´s on purpose not cooked but quickly fried with a Bunsen burner, art food, ya know ;-).

SharkBait wrote: »

I would watch QOS over all the Brosnan's and Moore's any day of the week.

*gasp*

Even over all Moore's movies?!
    Such a thing is impossible. Noone can do that. It´s against any law of physics. It´s like expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Personally I like the water plot in QOS,the way they are planning to sneak in and control all of S.America's water supply intrigues me.
    As does the very real situation that water is the world's most precious resource,not oil.

Nice and grounded.

But they do nothing with it. They don’t sell it in any way, it’s just background noise. We get several generic images of native Bolivians and an arty shot of a tap.
    They do a lot with it, just in an artsy way that isn´t for everyone. QoS is like a remix of a traditional Bond film.

It´s on purpose not cooked but quickly fried with a Bunsen burner, art food, ya know ;-).
    Slightly half baked imho. Liable to leave a strange aftertaste and possible indigestion. ;)
    @bondjames, have you tried it with some ketchup ;-)?

I still consider it great, great entertainment. A complete fun ride from the start to the end. I love it!

LALD? Yes, as do I.
    LALD has probably one of the best build-ups to an immense action sequence that was ever put to film.

Some 'Island dressing' may do the trick @boldfinger. Meaning a double bill with DN or LALD for some nutrious flavour.
    LALD has probably one of the best build-ups to an immense action sequence that was ever put to film.
    If you're referring to the boat chase which begins with the croc jump, I agree. Outstanding sequence.
    I liked the one awkward interview Craig got asked about the next Bond and the interviewer asks “Are you doing Danny Boyle? Danny Boyle Bond?” ... “We’ll see! We’ll see!”
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

Nice and grounded.

Slightly half baked imho. Liable to leave a strange aftertaste and possible indigestion. ;)

About right.
    @Getafix I only “close him down” as much as he did to the ones who think QOS is the best. We all have plenty of disagreements obviously, and we’re all allowed to say what’s on our minds regarding Bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited May 2018 Posts: 5,979
    peter wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    I want Craig for as long as we have him. The next Bond is going to have some big shoes to fill.

Many on this thread think the hiatus between Sp and now (although out of EoN's hands) was wasted by laziness.

It wasn't.

Stories were explored and actors- some mentioned on this site- were indeed given consideration to be 007 in 25 (I have no idea if this means an actual audition-- I'm guessing some yes, others no). They just were, pretty much, flat-out turned-down. No one impressed the brass... Or came close to what they have in DC...

In a few years, we'll hear the stories-- as we've heard those from Cubby's days. That won't be too difficult to uncover.

It will be a task to fill DC's shoes. I've said this all along: I'd hate to be Babs/EoN during the re-cast. And B25 will make it much more difficult, in my opinion.

Why? Because DC's tenure will be longer?
    I want Craig for as long as we have him. The next Bond is going to have some big shoes to fill.

Just take someone with good looks and an acting range that goes beyond brooding and you’re done.

Aidan Turner. And he won't make any big blunders in the press, for good measure.

Only actors who have been Bond can understand the pressure cooker that is the international press. Just go back and ask Connery circa 1966.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No @echo, this is definitely his last film.

Many on this thread think the hiatus between Sp and now (although out of EoN's hands) was wasted by laziness.

It wasn't.

Stories were explored and actors- some mentioned on this site- were indeed given consideration to be 007 in 25 (I have no idea if this means an actual audition-- I'm guessing some yes, others no). They just were, pretty much, flat-out turned-down. No one impressed the brass... Or came close to what they have in DC...

May I ask you where you got all those inside information from, sir? You seem to know more than anyone else outside of EON. Just asking ...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    You may ask, @noSolaceleft:

It's because I AM EoN, @noSolaceleft ... I AM...
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I am the Senate!
    I am the Senate!

Not! Yet!

Your oppression is never going to return. You, HAVE LOST.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft : We have a wonderful member on this site who works in the UK TV/Media industry. We should listen to what he says, since, being in the industry, he does hear things and has passed on tid-bits to us. So instead of fighting with @RC7, perhaps you should listen more.

We also had an amazingly cool member of this site, @ColonelSun , who WORKED for EoN. He is an amazing writer/director whose colleagues still work with EoN. I know this man. I know his work. And I know his experience in the industry is so that it would suffocate you. He's the real deal.

On top of this, my own managers, located in LA, hear the latest... Combined... I think I'm enjoying the consistent news (one never contradicts the other... all from separate sources, but all saying lots of the same things).

More importantly, @noSolaceleft, I hope you continue to focus on your own writing. And when you hear some free tid-bits on Bond, be humble, assemble the new info and store it away.

Okay?
    FYI, MGM reported first-quarter financial results. The investor call had no mention of Bond 25. Not surprising, but passing along.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think it's very likely they're saving all these "master revelations" for the press conference. I'm starting to assume the distributors and the rest of the crew on board won't be majorly announced until that aforementioned event.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think it's very likely they're saving all these "master revelations" for the press conference. I'm starting to assume the distributors and the rest of the crew on board won't be majorly announced until that aforementioned event.

So you’re thinking not until November/December then?
    It's an interesting thought.

There is a reason we have not had an official announcement yet and I'm increasingly curious as to why that is. Timing on something no doubt, but what and why? That is the question.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,423
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    So you’re thinking not until November/December then?
    That’s my thought on the matter, yes.

I could be wrong. It’s just a feeling.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'm glad that I'm not a young Bond fan today. Time moves so much slower when you're in your teens (or even 20s), naturally due to your relative time on Earth. As several of us have lamented, I grew up when we got one every year or two; and that seemed excruciatingly long. Of course, now there is home video (encompassing everything from VHS to DVD to 4K to streaming), which we didn't have, which greatly helps fill the void. Maybe we saw them on television once every year or two (or every five years for the unpopular OHMSS), all chopped to pieces (see corresponding thread). You couldn't record shows then, either.

It’s very hard. Especially the four years between Qos and SF between my ages of 6 and 10 it actually felt like I had waited for skyfall my entire life.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    @noSolaceleft : We have a wonderful member on this site who works in the UK TV/Media industry. We should listen to what he says, since, being in the industry, he does hear things and has passed on tid-bits to us. So instead of fighting with @RC7, perhaps you should listen more.

We also had an amazingly cool member of this site, @ColonelSun , who WORKED for EoN. He is an amazing writer/director whose colleagues still work with EoN. I know this man. I know his work. And I know his experience in the industry is so that it would suffocate you. He's the real deal.

On top of this, my own managers, located in LA, hear the latest... Combined... I think I'm enjoying the consistent news (one never contradicts the other... all from separate sources, but all saying lots of the same things).

More importantly, @noSolaceleft, I hope you continue to focus on your own writing. And when you hear some free tid-bits on Bond, be humble, assemble the new info and store it away.

Okay?

I agree. Why attack each other when we have people who are willing to provide us information.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Some 'Island dressing' may do the trick @boldfinger. Meaning a double bill with DN or LALD for some nutrious flavour.
    If you're referring to the boat chase which begins with the croc jump, I agree. Outstanding sequence.
    For a moment there I read "for some notorious flavour" :-)).
    Yep, the boat chase sequence I mean. Marvellous stuff.

It wasn't.

In a few years, we'll hear the stories-- as we've heard those from Cubby's days. That won't be too difficult to uncover.

It will be a task to fill DC's shoes. I've said this all along: I'd hate to be Babs/EoN during the re-cast. And B25 will make it much more difficult, in my opinion.
    I´m not so sure. They can´t do simple mission Bond with Craig apparently. And they can´t go on down the current road. So it´s mostly up to the direction they want to take it how difficult it´s going to be to find a new actor.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 11,425
    SharkBait wrote: »

I would watch QOS over all the Brosnan's and Moore's any day of the week.

*gasp*

Even over all Moore's movies?!
    Quite.

Objectively it's better than most of them but that indescribable Rog factor elevates his era to a level QOS can't quite get to.

It's probably better than LALD, TMWTGG and AVTAK but struggling against the rest.

Moonraker above LALD?

All day long Sir. Sheer, unadulterated entertainment. If you don't have fun watching MR you are probably dead.

LALD used to be a favourite when I was a kid but I just find it rather meh these days. Everything about it just doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

Last time I watched LALD I was pretty bored. It's a very flat and lifeless film despite the subject matter. It feels a bit dated and stilted as well in a way the early Connerys don't. Probably largely due to Hammylton's direction. Having said that I would still probably rather watch any Rog entry over a Brosnan film - I might prefer to watch any of them over Craig as well. Rog is still Rog.

TMWTGG stands up better than LALD IMO. Also ropey but I enjoy it more.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I disagree, LALD is burst with life, and the colour red.
    I'm glad that I'm not a young Bond fan today. Time moves so much slower when you're in your teens (or even 20s), naturally due to your relative time on Earth. As several of us have lamented, I grew up when we got one every year or two; and that seemed excruciatingly long. Of course, now there is home video (encompassing everything from VHS to DVD to 4K to streaming), which we didn't have, which greatly helps fill the void. Maybe we saw them on television once every year or two (or every five years for the unpopular OHMSS), all chopped to pieces (see corresponding thread). You couldn't record shows then, either.

There wont be any left at this rate.
    It's up to you and your new bride!

Indeed...a 007 film on our wedding night !!!

No chance,alas.

• edited May 2018 Posts: 1,162

Okay?

So all your reporting are actually rumors from people, who have no real contact with those at the helm. In all fairness I think you should point that out before you write down your statements.
    After all, all Col sun had to do with Eon was way back at LTK times when he was supposedly sitting in the cutting room.Obviously EON haven’t been impressed enough by him to contact him another time. Just saying ...
    I bet you're popular at parties @noSolaceleft
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft , you really have no idea what you're talking about. Just saying...