No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig
    I guess the most significant difference is that Barbara absolutely worships the ground that Daniel walks on, apparently she didn't seem to feel the same with Pierce (for whatever reason). This said if I give Brozzer only one thing over Craig, it's that he seemed far more natural promoting the films (no 'wrist slashing' faux-pas that I'm aware of?)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2018 Posts: 7,969
    Satorious wrote: »
    It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig
    I guess the most significant difference is that Barbara absolutely worships the ground that Daniel walks on, apparently she didn't seem to feel the same with Pierce (for whatever reason). This said if I give Brozzer only one thing over Craig, it's that he seemed far more natural promoting the films (no 'wrist slashing' faux-pas that I'm aware of?)

Yes, he was a much better showman than Craig.

But to use you're example, Cubby was very fond of Dalton and that didn't stop their partnership being cut short. Sometimes things are just out of the hands of those involved. Such is the business.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_brosnan_rumours_timeline.php3

'Trade paper Variety confirm the Bond 21 release date as November 18th 2005'

bond21_variety_releasedate.jpg

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_21_oct03.php3?t=&s=articles&id=0278

'Variety, whose track record during the Brosnan-era of Bond films has proven accurate so far, claim Bond 21 will start principal photography in January 2005.

No director has been named, but a holiday 2005 release date has already been carved out, and a treatment and outline have been worked up by Die Another Day writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.
    '
    @DaltonCraig007 And your point is...? QOS originally had a summer 2008 release date, you know...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    My point is Brosnan was, in fact, confirmed to do a 5th film, otherwise why was a November 2005 release announced in February 2004, less than a year before filming would start?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    patb wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but what if Hodge was writing for DC as Bond or themes related to a more mature Bond towards the end of his tenure (the idea of an "apprentice" had been mentioned for example).

IF there are delays and DC is not a certainty, could this place a massive spanner in the works regarding the themes that Hodge was creating?
    I can't obviously be sure of this, but given Boyle/Hodge was commissioned relatively recently, I can only hope that the script is such that it can work both ways - e.g. with Craig or a younger replacement. If I were to guess, I'd say the P&W script would have been more geared to Craig's Bond than anything Boyle/Hodge would have come up with at this stage.
    In 2002 Micheal Parkinson asked Pierce whether he'd do another Bond film and he said "they've asked me to do another and I've said yes, so I think there'll be a fifth". It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig, and they are even roughly the same age as they are approaching their fifth film.

Makes you think maybe Craig should have kept quiet a bit longer until they had more nailed down, instead of just a release date. Release dates in Hollywood are shifting all the time, so much so that they don't really mean much at all. If Craig does depart, it'll be the third time in a row that this has happened.
    If I'm not mistaken, Rachel Weisz confirmed Craig's return when she announced her pregnancy a few days back. I'm not sure which article it was in, but someone asked her about the infamous and now somewhat tragic 'wrist slash' and she said he was just tired when he made those remarks. She compared it to asking a woman who has just given birth whether she would want to have another kid. Essentially, she validated his claim from last year (and Broccoli's more recent one towards the end of 2017) that he is back for one more.

Could there still be a last minute switcheroo? Sure, and I would personally prefer it, but it's probably unlikely unless they've all been playing an intentional smoke and mirrors game with us through the media for the past year. Anything can happen of course.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    In 2002 Micheal Parkinson asked Pierce whether he'd do another Bond film and he said "they've asked me to do another and I've said yes, so I think there'll be a fifth". It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig, and they are even roughly the same age as they are approaching their fifth film.

Makes you think maybe Craig should have kept quiet a bit longer until they had more nailed down, instead of just a release date. Release dates in Hollywood are shifting all the time, so much so that they don't really mean much at all. If Craig does depart, it'll be the third time in a row that this has happened.

You make an interesting point. The similarities are uncanny.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 11,425

except I don't think Babs was ever a big Brosnan fan - I suspect she was looking for an excuse to get rid of him. Cubby apparently had doubts about Brosnan as well. presumably he was MGW' s choice.

whereas Craig is her Bond and I'm sure she'd have liked to have done more films with him if things had worked out differently.
    I anticipate that we'll hear something soon. Also, Danny Boyle's new film starts filming this week.

Daniel Craig was spotted in New York yesterday and he looks great

uoqj49gn.jpg

I anticipate that we'll hear something soon. Also, Danny Boyle's new film starts filming this week.

uoqj49gn.jpg

I really would like to know, what kind of treatment he has undergone. I can’t recall ever seeing someone’s appearance changing that much in just a couple of weeks. Whatever it is I’m quite sure it is not the most healthiest thing in the world.
    My point is Brosnan was, in fact, confirmed to do a 5th film, otherwise why was a November 2005 release announced in February 2004, less than a year before filming would start?
    Wrong. Brosnan was NEVER confirmed by EON to do a 5th Bond film. If you believe he was, post a link to EON's press release.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,370
    @noSolaceleft, my guess is Botox. Had him looking rough and porcelain for a few weeks, until the swelling subsided. Either way, I'm not sure how many times we can discuss his face lately.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We can discuss it if it suddenly falls off.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,686
    Wrong. Brosnan was NEVER confirmed by EON to do a 5th Bond film. If you believe he was, post a link to EON's press release.

In that case, Daniel Craig is not confirmed either for a 5th Bond film, there hasn't been any official press release by EON (apart from the Nov 2019 release), we only have Craig's word that he has decided to return. And look at my post - Bond 21 was confirmed for a November 2005 release in Feb 2004, how could have they have confirmed that without a Bond actor attached (in this case, Brosnan)?
    Yep, so like I said, Brosnan and Tim were both expected to continue - there tenures were cut short. Nothing to say the same won't happen to Craig, especially when so much is up in the air behind the scenes. If things are pushed back beyond summer 2020 for any reason, I personally think Craig will leave of his own accord.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,619
    In that case, Daniel Craig is not confirmed either for a 5th Bond film, there hasn't been any official press release by EON

You are wrong AGAIN. Here is EON's official press release about Craig's return: http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/
    And look at my post - Bond 21 was confirmed for a November 2005 release in Feb 2004, how could have they have confirmed that without a Bond actor attached (in this case, Brosnan)?
    How? The same way they announced the 2006 release date for CR without an actor attached: http://thejamesbondfanclub.com/News62.html

In that case, Daniel Craig is not confirmed either for a 5th Bond film, there hasn't been any official press release by EON

You are wrong AGAIN. Here is EON's official press release about Craig's return: http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/

Are you blind or something? From the link you posted:

Daniel Craig is returning to play 007 in Bond 25. The actor confirmed he would play James Bond for the fifth time to host Stephen Colbert on The Late Show last night.

That is only Craig's words in the EON release, not a statement EON themselves, or Babs or MGW. It's a press release that confirms Craig confirmed he is returning. I'd like you to give me an actual press release from EON confirming Craig, and not a statement that is actually from Craig himself.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

Daniel Craig is returning to play 007 in Bond 25. The actor confirmed he would play James Bond for the fifth time to host Stephen Colbert on The Late Show last night.

That is only Craig's words in the EON release, not a statement EON themselves, or Babs or MGW. It's a press release that confirms Craig confirmed he is returning. I'd like you to give me an actual press release from EON confirming Craig, and not a statement that is actually from Craig himself.
    Quit embarrassing yourself.

Quit embarrassing yourself.

Aren't you the one who affirmed on multiple occasions EON would never change the confirmed release date of a Bond film? Yet you can see QOS was due in May 2008 and pushed to October 2008, and Bond 21 in Nov 2005 and pushed to Nov 2006.

Are you for real?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

??? Doubt they would even post that if there was any uncertainty.

Are you for real?

I am more real than your claim that Radiohead would do the theme song for SP. So go ahead and give me an official statement from EON confirming Craig is returning for Bond 25

Panchito likes being pedantic, so I am being pedantic too.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,187

Are you for real?

I am more real than your claim that Radiohead would do the theme song for SP. So go ahead and give me an official statement from EON confirming Craig is returning for Bond 25

https://www.heyuguys.com/barbara-broccoli-james-bond-25-daniel-craig/amp/?source=images
    So go ahead and give me an official statement from EON confirming Craig is returning for Bond 25
    Here you go, EON's official press release confirming Craig's return: http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/

Are you for real?

https://www.heyuguys.com/barbara-broccoli-james-bond-25-daniel-craig/amp/?source=images

producer Barbara Broccoli has publicly stated the role is his (Brosnan's) as long as he wants it.

https://mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=643

Give me an actual press release.
    So go ahead and give me an official statement from EON confirming Craig is returning for Bond 25
    Here you go, EON's official press release confirming Craig's return: http://www.007.com/daniel-craig-return-james-bond/

I asked for an EON statement from EON themselves, not from Daniel Craig. Give me a press release where the Craig confirmation comes from EON, Babs or MGW without re-using Craig's answer in the Colbert interview.

uoqj49gn.jpg

I haven't posted in a couple days and already I feel I've missed something important. Why is there debate here on whether Craig is returning or not?

BTW, that is a great shot of him. He's in top form, and IMO looks like he could be beginning his Bond career rather than prepping for a swan song. He looks miles better in that photo than in either SKYFALL or SPECTRE. Great haircut as well. The lapels on the jacket remind me of LTK era Tim.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

uoqj49gn.jpg

I haven't posted in a couple days and already I feel I've missed something important. Why is there debate here on whether Craig is returning or not?

BTW, that is a great shot of him. He's in top form, and IMO looks like he could be beginning his Bond career rather than prepping for a swan song. He looks miles better in that photo than in either SKYFALL or SPECTRE. Great haircut as well. The lapels on the jacket remind me of LTK era Tim.

He's having a baby.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I think it's important to note that @DaltonCraig007 is not disputing that Craig is returning.

He is only stating that the only official statement from MGM/EON *in writing* is the one released the day after Craig appeared on Colbert confirming that he was returning. That statement only confirms his words and does not say anything more. That is the point being made.

However, since then Babs, Craig, and now Rachel have all confirmed *verbally* that he is returning and so we should take it as a given until told otherwise.
    ---

Regarding Craig's appearance in that photo. Quite frankly I don't see much difference between that and other photos of him we have seen of late (apart from the BAFTAs where he looked pretty awful). We did see him on camera a few weeks back and he looked pretty much the same to me.
    Blind fools will scream they can see
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,619

I asked for an EON statement from EON themselves, not from Daniel Craig. Give me a press release where the Craig confirmation comes from EON, Babs or MGW without re-using Craig's answer in the Colbert interview.
    Have you gone completely mad?