No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    There's a complaint the Craig Bond films are repeating themselves? That's odd.
    There's repeat, and then there's repeat.
    Can you repeat that?
    I repeat. Do you copy? Over.

Copy? Over.
    Wouldn t do, repeating anything on this thread, would it?
    No need to repeat, I repeat. No need to repeat. Over and out.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Can you repeat that?

Copy? Over.

Can you please repeat? I have a bad connection.
    Good news if Daniel Craig has a son in 30 years he will be the right age to play Bond in Bond 25

Excuse me while I get the popcorn and watch the thread implode
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That is awesome, @Risico007. I admire that positive outlook.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Or the 80‘s :-D I would have loved to celebrate Bondmania in the 60s

I bet those must have been great times to be a Bond fan. I, unfortunately, became a Bond fan as Skyfall's script was being written and I've enjoyed only two theatrical releases.
    If you enjoyed those two it can only become better and better for you.

To be fair I did not enjoy SPECTRE at all and I even felt insulted.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Can you repeat that?

Copy? Over.

Can you please repeat? I have a bad connection.
    Well, this whole communication process, from start to finish, was subject to an airtight security system. It was an essential precaution, though the MI6 community prides itself on the loyalty and devotion of its members.

Well, this whole communication process, from start to finish, was subject to an airtight security system. It was an essential precaution, though the MI6 community prides itself on the loyalty and devotion of its members.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Remington wrote: »
    It's funny. Not keen on Craig returning but I can't think of another actor who seems right for Bond.

Fassbender.

That man who will never get to play bond but is the most bond looking of any actor in the last decade
    Daily Express isn’t trustworthy. They always just spew speculation. Even with a potential delay, I don’t think Craig will leave until Bond 25 is finished. I certainly hope not anyway. I hate most of the ideas people have tossed around for the next Bond actor.
    I may stop holding my breath for B25. Granted, nothing official has been announced by EON except the release date and Craig's return. So as it stands, nothing has changed. This is all speculation.

I do think it would massively suck, though if B25 is indeed delayed another year for Boyle's project, and then the script he turns in is rejected. An entire year wasted for nothing......which is how I felt about 2016 and 2017.

In that case, EON would have to start from scratch, yet again. The film most likely wouldn't hit the screens until 2022, bang in time for the 60th.
    My ideal scenario is that we get Bond 25 next year AND a new recast Bond in 2022 for the 60th. But that's probably not happening.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    My ideal scenario is that we get Bond 25 next year AND a new recast Bond in 2022 for the 60th. But that's probably not happening.

You never know with EON.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    My apologies for an OT question (did not find a proper thread): Has anybody else the problem that the forum no longer renders mobile-optimized? Really hard to read this way. Thanks and sorry for the OT
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think putting everything in stasis for a year, and going back to the drawing board with a clear head might be the option. I highly doubt that a Daniel Craig Bond film would really play well in 2020. Do the kids today even think of Craig as "their Bond" like we felt about Pierce back in the 90's. Not saying anything about Craig's effectiveness in the role, bit the simple matter is there has only been one film in half a decade, and how much of a long lasting impression did SP really leave? I say let it go out with a whimper, instead of becoming an catastrophe like DAD, DAF or AVTAK. That's the last thing EON need now, I think we can all agree. SP was an unwhelming sendoff, but I feel that part of that is following up SF and taking so long to do it. If SP was a part of the usual 2 year schedule, it wouldn't be nearly as hated. Roger Moore had a few mediocre efforts, but it didn't matter because they were steady releases. Nowadays every film has to land just right, or fans will be picking apart the debris for years in the wait for the next film, and there is such a long wait for the film itself that hype is allowed to get out of control. I think they need to regroup, and actually think about what they want to do with Bond, or whether they want to do it anymore. 2022 is enough time to sort all the behind the scenes stuff, and come back with a Goldeneye style rebirth.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Due to the slow news concerning Bond 25, I give you Vincent Cassel as James Bond in 007 in Brazil:

edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Hahaha! That was gold! :))

It appears we have the plot for the next film: Draco Jr lived under the shadow of his father for far too long, and decisively branched out to become a member of SPECTRE due to the hatred he has for his abusive old man and selling out the entirety of the Unione Corse. As problems arise, he faces the greatest foe in the field he wishes never to have had - His late sister's widowed husband, James Bond.

As for those police officers, they'll end up in jail due to huge diplomatic incident. Haha!
    @DaltonCraig007, that was hilarious, thanks :-))!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Due to the slow news concerning Bond 25, I give you Vincent Cassel as James Bond in 007 in Brazil:

Hilarious @DaltonCraig007. Cassel has to get in a Bond film some day. He's just a super cool dude, and I must say that his delivery of the legendary introduction was imho far smoother than the current Bond in SP (coincidentally, as he was about to get it on with the ex-Mrs. Cassel herself).
    I think putting everything in stasis for a year, and going back to the drawing board with a clear head might be the option. I highly doubt that a Daniel Craig Bond film would really play well in 2020. Do the kids today even think of Craig as "their Bond" like we felt about Pierce back in the 90's. Not saying anything about Craig's effectiveness in the role, bit the simple matter is there has only been one film in half a decade, and how much of a long lasting impression did SP really leave? I say let it go out with a whimper, instead of becoming an catastrophe like DAD, DAF or AVTAK. That's the last thing EON need now, I think we can all agree. SP was an unwhelming sendoff, but I feel that part of that is following up SF and taking so long to do it. If SP was a part of the usual 2 year schedule, it wouldn't be nearly as hated. Roger Moore had a few mediocre efforts, but it didn't matter because they were steady releases. Nowadays every film has to land just right, or fans will be picking apart the debris for years in the wait for the next film, and there is such a long wait for the film itself that hype is allowed to get out of control. I think they need to regroup, and actually think about what they want to do with Bond, or whether they want to do it anymore. 2022 is enough time to sort all the behind the scenes stuff, and come back with a Goldeneye style rebirth.
    I think, if in the off chance that SP is Craig's last, that it will be considered the best sendoff of any long standing actor. That's why I never bought into this 'high' business. Still, for now I think they are shooting for 2019 with him in the saddle for one more. We will have to rely on Boyle to inject some excitement, because the other contributors are underwhelming from my perspective.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I do think it would massively suck, though if B25 is indeed delayed another year for Boyle's project, and then the script he turns in is rejected. An entire year wasted for nothing......which is how I felt about 2016 and 2017.

In that case, EON would have to start from scratch, yet again. The film most likely wouldn't hit the screens until 2022, bang in time for the 60th.
    If it's delayed there is no indication that it will be because of Boyle. From what we've read, Hodge's script is already on the table. Even if they don't go with Hodge/Boyle, they won't have to start from scratch though, because they have the P&W script as backup.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames if you've never seen the 2-part biopic about French gangster Mesrine, starring Cassel in the lead role, you definitely should check it out. Both films feature several other famous French actors like Mathieu Amalric and Gerard Depardieu.

Thanks for the recommendation @DaltonCraig007. The trailer is intriguing and I will try to seek it out. Seeing the trailer and the skit made me want to rewatch Birthday Girl which I have on dvd. It's an early 00's quirky English comedy thriller starring Cassel, Nicole Kidman and Ben Chaplin. Great fun.
    I still maintain we need to calm down I mean let’s for a split second assume the positive rumors are true instead of assuming the negative rumors are true

We have

The Director Danny Boyle
    The writer John Hodge

The cast so far

James Bond Daniel Craig
    M Ralph Fiennes
    Moneypenny Namoi Harris
    Q Ben Wishaw
    Villain Benedict Cummberbatch
    Blofield (potential) Christoph Waltz

We have the following locations
    London and possibly Croatia, France, and Japan

And potentially the title
    Shatterhand

So we have more then just nothing as we gear up I have a feeling this summer we will get more rumors and the next official announcement will be July and then December we will get the cast the title the locations etc so everyone just chill
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Is anyone here besides me concerned about the fact that DC is having a child & we may potentially lose our leading man, or are we just ignoring this latest development?
    I think, if something can be taken for granted, it is that eberybody here is concerned / about everythink ALL the time :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Is anyone here besides me concerned about the fact that DC is having a child & we may potentially lose our leading man, or are we just ignoring this latest development?
    Rachel is probably a lot more far along than we think.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    Rachel is probably a lot more far along than we think.

If she claims she’ll be starting to show soon, then she’s gotta be around 15 weeks or so probably?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,079

We could lose our leading man, but I'm not concerned about it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

That was more entertaining than the last 2 Bond films.
    doubleoego wrote: »

That was more entertaining than the last 2 Bond films.
    Yep!

We could lose our leading man, but I'm not concerned about it.
    +1. Not concerned at all about that prospect.

He knows what he's doing and at the end of the day it will be his choice either way.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm assuming Dan knew about the pregnancy two weeks ago when he said Bond was his next project.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm assuming Dan knew about the pregnancy two weeks ago when he said Bond was his next project.

He didn't really proclaim it or anything though did he? The interviewer asked him "is Bond next?" And he mumbled yes, and seemed in a rush to escape.