No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

patb wrote: »
    There is an irony here in that, of all the Bond films in the entire series, SF has both the huge market impact AND an ending which is both uplifting and positively looking forward to the next mission (I think unique in that ?). It's literally sitting on the desk, waiting to be picked up and Bond is raring to go.

So, yes, everything was perfectly set up after SF to continue the upward tragectory or, at least equal it. You wonder in future if an undated "Some Kind of Hero" will tell the definitive story of what, I suspect, could be an omnishables, from after SF to perhaps now and, more importantly, when this will end and something crucial happens that alters the spiral from downward to upward.
    Everything was perfectly set up already after CR. Then everything was even better set up after QoS. Then the themes of CR and QoS were blatantly repeated in SF.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bond 25 might release in 2022 for the 60th anniversary? That would give them enough time to regather and find their footing again. Them seem completely lost ATM.

That would be overwhelmingly sad.
    Walecs wrote: »
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Or the 80‘s :-D I would have loved to celebrate Bondmania in the 60s

I bet those must have been great times to be a Bond fan. I, unfortunately, became a Bond fan as Skyfall's script was being written and I've enjoyed only two theatrical releases.
    If you enjoyed those two it can only become better and better for you.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    boldfinger wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    There is an irony here in that, of all the Bond films in the entire series, SF has both the huge market impact AND an ending which is both uplifting and positively looking forward to the next mission (I think unique in that ?). It's literally sitting on the desk, waiting to be picked up and Bond is raring to go.

So, yes, everything was perfectly set up after SF to continue the upward tragectory or, at least equal it. You wonder in future if an undated "Some Kind of Hero" will tell the definitive story of what, I suspect, could be an omnishables, from after SF to perhaps now and, more importantly, when this will end and something crucial happens that alters the spiral from downward to upward.
    Everything was perfectly set up already after CR. Then everything was even better set up after QoS. Then the themes of CR and QoS were blatantly repeated in SF.
    That has always been my gripe with the latter half of the Craig era.
    SF had its own themes and ideas as well still. SP had the surveillance theme, but other than that was a copycat of the previous 3 I believe. SF capitilized on the relevancy of agents (badly rehashed in SP), patriotism (done subtly but well), and Bond aging - all of which weren’t really done in Craig’s first two. Yes there was still M as a mother figure, but to be fair SF did do its own things.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CoarseUnfortunateFinwhale-max-1mb.gif
    @ClarkDevlin, if everything goes well and Boyle delivers a great Bond film it might be possible in retrospect to consider the Craig era as consisting of the first two and the last film. Much as in retrospect it makes a lot of sense to me to put CR and QoS directly next to TLD and LTK in my shelf :-).
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @ClarkDevlin, if everything goes well and Boyle delivers a great Bond film it might be possible in retrospect to consider the Craig era as consisting of the first two and the last film. Much as in retrospect it makes a lot of sense to me to put CR and QoS directly next to TLD and LTK in my shelf :-).
    Fair points well made, Boldfinger. I do hope Danny Boyle delivers a film worthy of sitting next to CR and QoS as I happen to love both. If they even go as far to ignore SF and SP, I'd even be happier. TLD and LTK themselves are great double bills, and they can go head to head with CR and QoS as Bonds made in similar or more of the same format in terms of genre and themes.
    Huge congratulations to Daniel and Rachael on their news, can we have some positive official Bond 25 news now please!!!
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND
    TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND TOM HARDY WILL NEVER PLAY JAMES BOND
    I couldn't agree more on the matter.
    Never say never.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

And neither will Idris Elba
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Bond 25 might release in 2022 for the 60th anniversary? That would give them enough time to regather and find their footing again. Them seem completely lost ATM.

I don’t think I could handle that.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Tom Hardy is a good actor. But he is NOT James Bond.
    I’m not expecting Craig to back out. Not unless something really drastic occurs. He seems really excited to do Bond 25.
    Remington wrote: »
    Tom Hardy is a good actor. But he is NOT James Bond.
    Exactly my thoughts. And I share the same opinion on Idris Elba. Love them both, but they're not Bond material.
    Agreed on both of them. Good actors, not right for Bond.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,087

He might tho, in 2022.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    It's funny. Not keen on Craig returning but I can't think of another actor who seems right for Bond.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There's a complaint the Craig Bond films are repeating themselves? That's odd.
    Remington wrote: »
    It's funny. Not keen on Craig returning but I can't think of another actor who seems right for Bond.

Fassbender.
    There's repeat, and then there's repeat.

Can you repeat that?
    Can you repeat that?
    I repeat. Do you copy? Over.

Just for the record, I am absolutely convinced that there won’t be another Craig James Bond movie, but it won’t have anything to do with his wife being pregnant.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I think the directions say rinse and repeat. Maybe that would work.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 9,770
    Tom Hardy is the next 007

Actually if this did happen and I found out first I would post then get hell off the internet till the film came out
    Can you repeat that?
    I repeat. Do you copy? Over.

Copy? Over.

Wouldn t do, repeating anything on this thread, would it?