No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Due to the slow news concerning Bond 25, I give you Vincent Cassel as James Bond in 007 in Brazil:

And he speaks Portuguese perfectly. ;)
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm assuming Dan knew about the pregnancy two weeks ago when he said Bond was his next project.

He didn't really proclaim it or anything though did he? The interviewer asked him "is Bond next?" And he mumbled yes, and seemed in a rush to escape.
    DELETE YOUR MI6COMMUNITY ACCOUNT
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    A good Bond film would work better.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just re-watched Django Unchained last night, and I would love to see Robert Richardson (Inglorious Basterds, The Hateful Eight) as the cinematographer for a future Bond film :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    I'm assuming Dan knew about the pregnancy two weeks ago when he said Bond was his next project.

He didn't really proclaim it or anything though did he? The interviewer asked him "is Bond next?" And he mumbled yes, and seemed in a rush to escape.
    Relax.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

• edited April 2018 Posts: 12,243
    CashleyPersia chimed in again: https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/80djzn/so_what_is_actually_happening_with_bond_25/?sort=new

“Been hearing that delays on are on the cards.....could be a rumour. But there are a lot of shrugs going around in regards to releasing in 2019. I suspect that if an announcement is not forthcoming before the end of next month, then B25 may get delayed.

However this does not mean that Danny Boyle or Daniel Craig are out. If anything it confirms their involvement.”

He doesn’t know much more than us...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    FoxRox wrote: »
    CashleyPersia chimed in again: https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/80djzn/so_what_is_actually_happening_with_bond_25/?sort=new

“Been hearing that delays on are on the cards.....could be a rumour. But there are a lot of shrugs going around in regards to releasing in 2019. I suspect that if an announcement is not forthcoming before the end of next month, then B25 may get delayed.

However this does not mean that Danny Boyle or Daniel Craig are out. If anything it confirms their involvement.”

He doesn’t know much more than us...
    Sounds about right to me. Announcement by end of May as we surmised, or else there is *a possibility* of a delay. That makes sense. Let's see what comes about next week when Craig and wife make the rounds.
    If they don't release the film in 2019, will that entail delaying it a whole year? They're not in the habit of releasing these movies in the summer anymore.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    And we were hoping cash was going to provide more clarity I still believe bond 25 will not get delayed
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mattjoes wrote: »
    If they don't release the film in 2019, will that entail delaying it a whole year? They're not in the habit of releasing these movies in the summer anymore.

If they stick with the typical October/November release, then yes.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    If I were to predict that the film will be delayed till December 1st next year
    I said it once I'll say it again, if they make us wait past November 2019, the film better achieve top 3 in the bond fandom consensus. Aka arguably the best bond film ever made.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »

If they stick with the typical October/November release, then yes.

Live-and-Let-Die-Roger-Moore.jpg
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I said it once I'll say it again, if they make us wait past November 2019, the film better achieve top 3 in the bond fandom consensus. Aka arguably the best bond film ever made.

This would be worth it. But yeah otherwise definitely really disappointing. I don’t think they know just how frustrated us Bond fans have been with all this.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    It was stated somewhere that Hodge's script was going to be decided on completed after a two-month time frame. By May, sometime in the month, they did say (or someone implied from an ensured source if I recall) they were going to make a few revelations by then.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2018 Posts: 1,756
    What I want for B25 right now:
    - Smaller budget, less big scale action set pieces
    - Personal problems are set aside
    - Bond has to psychologically assess his villain
    - Bond uses his wits to defeat the villain and outplays him.

Bond should go back to his thriller routes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

+1. Love this.
    Pretty good ideas there.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2018 Posts: 7,974
    These dates where we're supposed to receive news keep going further away. First it was we can expect something by Christmas, then by the new year, then March/April, and now by the end of May? Right now it seems unlikely that we'll all be lining up to a new Bond film in roughly 18 months, let's just leave it at that. There's always the possibility that they pull a rabbit of the hat and release on time, but it just doesn't seem that realistic at the moment.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,416
    Imdb.com update: Vic Armstrong is back as stunt coordinator.

On this moment he working on another movie, but that movie havewil release date of March 2019 and wil go post production over couple months. There is possible he is already finished with it.

Last time he work on Bond whas Die Another Day. Mabey Eon whant back because of experience before so things go quiker. Working with Daniel Craig before on The Golden Compass.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    These dates where we're supposed to receive news keep going further away. First it was we can expect something by Christmas, then by the new year, then March/April, and now by the end of May?/quote]

All of that has just been wild speculation on a fan board, pulled out of thin air.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Yes! Add visceral hand to hand fight scenes, a real sense of immersion of no more than 2 locations outside of London, exotic glamour and a Bond girl that's not criminally wasted and get Arnold back to score the film.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Imdb.com update: Vic Armstrong is back as stunt coordinator.

On this moment he working on another movie, but that movie havewil release date of March 2019 and wil go post production over couple months. There is possible he is already finished with it.

Last time he work on Bond whas Die Another Day. Mabey Eon whant back because of experience before so things go quiker. Working with Daniel Craig before on The Golden Compass.
    Once again, you are late, M_Balje.
    In 2002 Micheal Parkinson asked Pierce whether he'd do another Bond film and he said "they've asked me to do another and I've said yes, so I think there'll be a fifth". It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig, and they are even roughly the same age as they are approaching their fifth film.

Makes you think maybe Craig should have kept quiet a bit longer until they had more nailed down, instead of just a release date. Release dates in Hollywood are shifting all the time, so much so that they don't really mean much at all. If Craig does depart, it'll be the third time in a row that this has happened.
    It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig,

STOP IT. Seriously, STOP IT. We are NOT in the same situation now and you know it. Brosnan was never officially announced to do a 5th Bond movie.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but what if Hodge was writing for DC as Bond or themes related to a more mature Bond towards the end of his tenure (the idea of an "apprentice" had been mentioned for example).

IF there are delays and DC is not a certainty, could this place a massive spanner in the works regarding the themes that Hodge was creating?

It's interesting because this is the same situation we are in now with Craig,

STOP IT. Seriously, STOP IT. We are NOT in the same situation now and you know it. Brosnan was never officially announced to do a 5th Bond movie.

No, but its the 2002 equivalent. They didn't make such a huge song and dance about things back then, before social media. Put it this way, no one expected that he wouldn't, which is how it is similair to the current situation with Craig.