No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    barryt007 wrote: »
    She will be mentioned in some capacity i'm sure but she will either be killed off screen or it just didn't work out between her and Bond.

Then her story can be closed and Blofeld put on ice until B27.

Can see this being addressed by Bond and M in Bond 25. A conversation over Bond's absence from duty due to "that girl", or something - and on we go with the mission he's about to be part of. Simple!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think, as in the past, she will not be mentioned at all; the viewer can fill in the backstory on their own should they choose.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I think, as in the past, she will not be mentioned at all; the viewer can fill in the backstory on their own should they choose.

That's also a possibility, of course.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 7,891

One of the keys to this is to kick off with a great PTS, a mimi-movie of Bond on a mission in the mold of TND. It would have little if anything to do with the main plot. This would also establish that for whatever reasons, Bond is an active agend and does away with having to have him brought back.

One of the keys to this is to kick off with a great PTS, a mimi-movie of Bond on a mission in the mold of TND. It would have little if anything to do with the main plot. This would also establish that for whatever reasons, Bond is an active agend and does away with having to have him brought back.

Very true. EON put themselves in a corner with SP. Will be interesting to see how they plan to get out of it.

That's hopefully the route they will take...fingers crossed.

Perfect...even similar to the GF PTS would be perfect.
    I think the days of the PTS baring no relevance to the rest of the picture are over. It worked for GF as we knew our 007 was on a mission in between movies and it was expected he'd be serving Queen and country. Craig's Bond, however, resigned at the end of SP and to start with his 007 on a mission might be a tad confusing. I think it will work for the introduction of a new 007 actor, but not for our current one.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I think the days of the PTS baring no relevance to the rest of the picture are over. It worked for GF as we knew our 007 was on a mission in between movies and it was expected he'd be serving Queen and country. Craig's Bond, however, resigned at the end of SP and to start with his 007 on a mission might be a tad confusing. I think it will work for the introduction of a new 007 actor, but not for our current one.

This is why I gave TND as a reference; while it does introduce an element of the main story with the acquisition of the GPS encoder, it is largely a standalone sequence.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    So in other words, B25 starts with Bond and Maddy sitting at the dining room table going over the monthly bills.

"James, you need to go back to work, we're starting to become short on the flat payments."

Bond on his laptop sending M an email.

"Already ahead of you."

Bernie99 wrote: »
    Hopefully Madeleine Swann returns, especially after the end of SP it would be very disappointing if there's no explanation what happened to her

An explanation I can accept..her coming back I cant.

I don't even think an explanation is necessary at all. It's not like Kara was mentioned in LTK, Melina in OP, Solitaire in TMWTGG etc etc
    In fact, I'd be quite disappointed if Maddy is referenced at all.
    I have no idea how B25 will start @Last_Rat_Standing but that is most likely the scenario.

Not too sure whether TND is considered a Bond movie worthy enough for Eon to go back to and take its inspiration from @talos7.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 7,891
    bondsum wrote: »
    I have no idea how B25 will start @Last_Rat_Standing but that is most likely the scenario.

Not too sure whether TND is considered a Bond movie worthy enough for Eon to go back to and take its inspiration from @talos7.

As an entire film, maybe not but the PTS is more than "Bond worthy" and is one of the finest of the series. It puts Bond right into the action, on an independent mission, while deftly reveals an element that will play a larger role in the main story.

I dunno. I was never keen on M and Charles Robinson having eyes and ears on their asset out on reconnaissance. It was this that kick-started the whole 007 constantly under satellite surveillance schtick that we haven't been able to get away from ever since.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Hopefully Madeleine Swann returns, especially after the end of SP it would be very disappointing if there's no explanation what happened to her

I don't even think an explanation is necessary at all. It's not like Kara was mentioned in LTK, Melina in OP, Solitaire in TMWTGG etc etc

This 100%.

All this, "how will such and such be addressed?" Isn't worth time scratching one's head over. How do EoN get out of the "corner" they put themselves in? Simple; just ignore what they did and just tell a story that keeps things moving. No long or elaborate explanation as to Bond being back in Service (SP never explicitly said he was quitting) and there doesn't need to be any mention of Maddy at all. Just simply get on with telling a great story of an exciting adventure. Done.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »

This 100%.

All this, "how will such and such be addressed?" Isn't worth time scratching one's head over. How do EoN get out of the "corner" they put themselves in? Simple; just ignore what they did and just tell a story that keeps things moving. No long or elaborate explanation as to Bond being back in Service (SP never explicitly said he was quitting) and there doesn't need to be any mention of Maddy at all. Just simply get on with telling a great story of an exciting adventure. Done.

That's what I've been saying since SP came out and people were questioning the trainwreck that may occur if they didn't address Madeleine and such, as if the series hasn't done that in the past. It's real simple.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited April 2018 Posts: 4,382

This 100%.

Very true. He rode off in the DB5 but it was never stated that he quit. If they wanted to start B25 off with any continuity, then just mention that Bond was on leave or holiday.

Then again they can start it however they want. The causal fan isn't going to remember Bond driving off in the DB5 in SP. And I highly doubt they care about continuity. Only us, the die hards remember
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,400
    Universal have announced that Danny Boyle's musical will open September 13 2019
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/938407-danny-boyle-musical-gets-release-date-universal

That's around two months before Bond 25 opens. Personally, this is the confirmation that Boyle will do Bond. He starts filming the Beatles movie next week and will have 18 months to complete post whilst doing Bond.

For a small movie that will be plenty of time. The release date of the Beatles film also increases the film's Oscar chances.

Any argument to the contrary would be welcomed.

UPDATE: Variety says Bond 25 "unlikely" to meet 2019 release date
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/danny-boyle-kate-mckinnon-comedy-fall-2019-release-1202754690/

FURTHER UPDATE: THR confirm that speculation is that Bond 25 will move dates.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/danny-boyles-lily-james-kate-mckinnon-comedy-lands-fall-2019-release-1103183

Clearly I was wrong.

UPDATE NO. 3: Borys Kit (respected entertainment journalist who has reported numerous Bond stories) confirms Boyle and 2019 for Bond 25:

@Pierce2Daniel Even if they moved the release date, they would movie it to December 2019, or early 2020. Not a big deal.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This Borys sound like he's just speculating. "Very likely" isn't confirmation.

Interesting developments about a possible delay. Although, like @Panchito said, it likely won't be more than 2-3 months.
    jake24 wrote: »

Interesting developments about a possible delay. Although, like @Panchito said, it likely won't be more than 2-3 months.
    What the heck? You write that Borys is just speculating, but describe the specualtions in those articles posted by Pierce2Daniel as "developments"??

This 100%.

Very true. He rode off in the DB5 but it was never stated that he quit. If they wanted to start B25 off with any continuity, then just mention that Bond was on leave or holiday.

Then again they can start it however they want. The causal fan isn't going to remember Bond driving off in the DB5 in SP. And I highly doubt they care about continuity. Only us, the die hards remember
    Doesn´t matter if Maddy is with Bond or not. Just have M ring up Bond and go, "007, we need you back. The Russians are making trouble." Bond´s eyes change from bored to alive and he says, "I never left." Easy as that, continuity, reference, and all questions solved.

It'd be delayed until December, or sometime early in 2020, but there's no way they're dropping a Bond movie in January or February. March, perhaps.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,586

What the heck? You write that Borys is just speculating, but describe the specualtions in those articles posted by Pierce2Daniel as "developments"??
    Development: An event constituting a new stage in a changing situation. The word doesn't suggest certainty.

Are you seriously insinuating that Borys is "confirming" a possible delay in that tweet? Let's not kid ourselves.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,619

Development: An event constituting a new stage in a changing situation. The word doesn't suggest certainty.

Are you seriously insinuating that Borys is "confirming" a possible delay in that tweet? Let's not kid ourselves.
    What on Earth are you smoking? Of course Borys is not "confiming" anything, but EVEN if he were, why would his tweet "confirm" a delay??? He wrote "This movie will wrap by summer, giving him time to make Bond's Nov. 2019 release."

What on Earth are you smoking? Of course Borys is not "confiming" anything, but EVEN if he were, why would his tweet "confirm" a delay??? He wrote "This movie will wrap by summer, giving him time to make Bond's Nov. 2019 release."
    Casually leaving out the first part of the tweet, eh? Please refer to @Pierce's post. He mentioned that Borys was confirming, which in reality is not the case.

Stop splitting hairs.

Casually leaving out the first part of the tweet, eh? Please refer to @Pierce's post. He mentioned that Borys was confirming, which in reality is not the case.

Stop splitting hairs.
    Splittng hairs??? Read his tweet again: "Danny Boyle will have quite the fall of 2019 if he also does James Bond, which is very (very) likely the case. This movie will wrap by summer, giving him time to make Bond's Nov. 2019 release."

Why would ANYONE think that any part of this tweet "confirms" a delay??????????

Stop splitting hairs.
    Splittng hairs??? Read his tweet again: "Danny Boyle will have quite the fall of 2019 if he also does James Bond, which is very (very) likely the case. This movie will wrap by summer, giving him time to make Bond's Nov. 2019 release."

Why would ANYONE think that any part of this tweet "confirms" a delay??????????
    I don't know!!!!!! I share your confusion!!!!!!!
    What a non-argument!
    With 4 year gap Madeleine don't have to be mentioned at all.