The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    71zkmvqaRVL._SX342_.jpg

I have only previously owned these films on VHS, these movies are long over due for a revisit

66113_large.jpg

Bought this also Wes Block is not that far removed from Harry Callahan, when I watched Tightrope as a kid initially I thought it was a Dirty Harry film.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dirty Harry > The Dead Pool > Magnum Force > Sudden Impact > The Enforcer.

I want to watch Tightrope.

I agree that Wes Block is very close to Harry Callahan,as is Ben Shockley in The Gauntlet,i feel.

Even Nick Pulovski in The Rookie seems like an ageing Callahan.
    (Could have been 8 DH films !!)

He acted in some great films around that time agree many of them could have been Dirty Harry films, when I was young it was Eastwood and Heston films I watched endlessly The Eiger Sanction was another good film I need to revisit.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I think the quality of the Dirty Harry films descend with the entries that come chronologically. Dirty Harry is masterful, Magnum Force is great, The Enforcer is good, but the remaining two are average and bad respectively. On my last marathon, I skipped the last two.

Spot on.
    I only have the first two on DVD.
    Was thinking of purchasing Clints 'The Eiger Sanction' it was one those staple Eastwood movies the BBC used to show on a Monday night! Haven't seen it for a while.

Good film,the only thing is once you know the murderer it stays in your mind forever (well my mind) so its difficult to watch,knowing everything !!

True. But still entertaining if I recall.
    Wasn't the guy who enlists Eastwoods character (think he was called Dragon?) Rather like a Bond villain?

Very much so,he was an albino as well,blind I think as I remember the room had to be kept semi dark with red lighting,as he was talking to Clint.
    I think the quality of the Dirty Harry films descend with the entries that come chronologically. Dirty Harry is masterful, Magnum Force is great, The Enforcer is good, but the remaining two are average and bad respectively. On my last marathon, I skipped the last two.

Spot on.
    Was thinking of purchasing Clints 'The Eiger Sanction' it was one those staple Eastwood movies the BBC used to show on a Monday night! Haven't seen it for a while.

Good film,the only thing is once you know the murderer it stays in your mind forever (well my mind) so its difficult to watch,knowing everything !!

Wasn't the guy who enlists Eastwoods character (think he was called Dragon?) Rather like a Bond villain?

Very much so,he was an albino as well,blind I think as I remember the room had to be kept semi dark with red lighting,as he was talking to Clint.

That's him! And if I recall he had a voice like Baron Greenback from Danger Mouse!

Spot on.

That's him! And if I recall he had a voice like Baron Greenback from Danger Mouse!

Hahaha he did indeed !!

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    819uooaRLeL._SL1339_.jpg
    710fvtU1WcL._SL1073_.jpg
    71ZEgK0dq-L._SL1076_.jpg
    91cTwYg4ReL._SL1500_.jpg
    91%2BxQMGm%2B7L._SL1500_.jpg
    I have about 15 of the Carry On movies. They were sold every fortnight with a magazine!
    But I never got them all!
    Always thought about getting a set. That looks good!
    I have about 15 of the Carry On movies. They were sold every fortnight with a magazine!
    But I never got them all!
    Always thought about getting a set. That looks good!

I've got them all,about half of them are special editions which have lots of extras and a booklet.
    Havent watched one for a long while but im glad I've got them all.

Yeah, they're great fun! Carry On Up the Khyber is prob my favourite! But there are loads of good ones! Love Sid James!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The set doesn't feature Carry On: Columbus, but I don't think anyone is going to complain. Then again, it does have Carry On: Emmanuelle (which is the only one I haven't seen completely).
    The set doesn't feature Carry On: Columbus, but I don't think anyone is going to complain. Then again, it does have Carry On: Emmanuelle (which is the only one I haven't seen completely).

Oh the Emmanuelle one is pretty bad! Despite the lovely Suzanne Danielle, it's not worth seeing! I never bothered with the Columbus film! Never consider it part of the franchise!

I don't count Columbus as a carry on film.
    Not a film I would be inclined to buy.
    Emmanuelle isn't great but it has Kenneth's Connor and Williams in it,which makes it palatable.

A-Study-in-Terror-Blu-715x1024-715x1024.jpg
    "Watson, you're sitting on my pipe !" Great movie. And the Ellery Queen novelization is also great (and even manages to give us another culprit).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Never seen A Study in Terror. Added to the list!
    Judi Dench is so young in this! (And it would seem that she has always sported that short "pixie" hairdo.)
    Not exactly : put in a bun, as was usual for the period described in the movie :

Found and bought at WH Smith (yes, there is a store in Paris) :

MV5BMTEzMjgxNjk3MDZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDUzNjg2MTUz._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Ordered through Amazon :

MIkado__85505.1499163651.jpg?c=2

51v2F29aPLL._AC_UL320_SR230,320_.jpg
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1985) which also seems to go under the title Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. Never seen this, but Arrow Video were having a sale and this was just £5 for the blu-ray, so what the heck…even if it's bad at least it hasn't set my back too much!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,105
    Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1985) which also seems to go under the title Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. Never seen this, but Arrow Video were having a sale and this was just £5 for the blu-ray, so what the heck…even if it's bad at least it hasn't set my back too much!

I got the Arrow video Bluray a few years ago there are some good documentarys on it, great movie from my childhood it's a good transfer, the Statue of Liberty scene is a stand out.

Edited: The score is great

I got the Arrow video Bluray a few years ago there are some good documentarys on it, great movie from my childhood it's a good transfer, the Statue of Liberty scene is a stand out.

Look forward to this now, plus it's got Captain Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) in it.

Kate looks great, I am a bit biased with Remo I have a framed print of the Statue of Liberty poster in my living room, the film has alot of heart.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFjb7oD4AJ6KE4Ka_WNTdIAwgCc5lUu_W-pn-o5yfN8MK9m6EB

Just bought this let's see if it improves on tonight's viewing.

Kate looks great, I am a bit biased with Remo I have a framed print of the Statue of Liberty poster in my living room, the film has alot of heart.

Best thing about that film is the cover art!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,657
    Received the following today from amazon.co.uk:
    71Pao3xn1FL._SX342_.jpg
    91cajZMJMLL._SX385_.jpg
    I've been waiting for ages to find those two on Blu-ray. BLOOD SIMPLE has been around on an American BD, but only for Region A. Until now.
    51CAsQ1zRkL._SX342_.jpg
    It's been about 40 years since I saw this, but I remember it was quite funny.
    And finally, from amazon.de, almost three months after the original order:
    91g0pijLfCL._SX342_.jpg
    I've been meaning to get Electra Glide in Blue.
    Must get around to ordering it! Great cult movie!

Best thing about that film is the cover art!

Not far wrong, the only moment in the film that I responded to was the Falcon flying on Crate at the end, such a dissapointing film.

Just bought...

71XjKZv4sLL._SX342_.jpg

I have this on dvd though decided to upgrade, good Sci Fi
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fantastic film, a one of a kind.
    The animation technique really adds to the atmosphere of the film,
    One I always seem to miss...doesn't seem to be on TV/Sky at all.
    Picked up my copy of Phantom Thread today. PTA is the closest director we have to a modern Stanley Kubrick I think, and Phantom Thread is a great entry in his filmography.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Picked up my copy of Phantom Thread today. PTA is the closest director we have to a modern Stanley Kubrick I think, and Phantom Thread is a great entry in his filmography.

I’ve only seen two of his films, that being PT and there will be blood. Both of which I give a 10/10. Are there any others of his that are on that level that I should check out