No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm sure his wounds and stress were remedied quite well by the millions and millions and millions of dollars he was paid.

This. It must be nice to take a three year break when the work gets a bit tiring.
    Four years actually. Pretty decent gig if you ask me.

What I find interesting is that Strong seems to be speculating in that article about why Craig is returning. I'm surprised he hasn't talked with him about it, which he appears not to have done based on these remarks.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Yeah, the tired and exhausted bit is really irritating...

As for Roger Moore never getting tired... it helps, as you see when watching his films, that everything involving physical movement was a stunt double.

Thank you the difference between moore and craig was craig likes to do most of the stunts himself while moore relied on alot of stunt doubles especially as he got older
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Today I started work at 06.30 and then 5 mins before I was about to leave a load of shit went down and I didn't get out till 19.30. Back in again at 06.30 tomorrow.

I wonder if I threaten to slit my wrists they'll let me have 3 years off?
    Today I started work at 06.30 and then 5 mins before I was about to leave a load of shit went down and I didn't get out till 19.30. Back in again at 06.30 tomorrow.

Then you can go back in for just one project before getting another 4 years off.
    vzok wrote: »

Then you can go back in for just one project before getting another 4 years off.

And while I'm at it they can put my wages up to £10m.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Warner purchases MGM and crosses

Oh yay. We get to bring up that misunderstood quote for, like, the millionth time.
  • Spectre was a very grueling shoot for craig as we all know how badly injured he was while filming in Mexico City so yeah craig was drained and needed a long break obviously

Oh boo hoo. Rog made 7 Bond films in the space of 12 years. Don't remember him ever moaning about being tired....

Rog even served food on set!

Bless his heart and may he rest in peace.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Spectre was a very grueling shoot for craig as we all know how badly injured he was while filming in Mexico City so yeah craig was drained and needed a long break obviously

Oh boo hoo. Rog made 7 Bond films in the space of 12 years. Don't remember him ever moaning about being tired....

Rog even served food on set!

Bless his heart and may he rest in peace.

A saint on and off screen!
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/941804/James-Bond-25-who-sing-theme-tune-release-date-dua-lipa-Beyonce-adele
    The bookies have selected a new favorite to do the bond 25 theme song never heard of dua lipa anybody heard her before?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/941804/James-Bond-25-who-sing-theme-tune-release-date-dua-lipa-Beyonce-adele
    The bookies have selected a new favorite to do the bond 25 theme song never heard of dua lipa anybody heard her before?
    Pop artist. Very popular right now. Not to mention a terrible choice.
    jake24 wrote: »

What's her music like?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

What's her music like?
    Modern pop, r&b stuff. Not a bad artist, but totally inappropriate for Bond.

What's her music like?

Well that was the case with Adele and Sam Smith and they turned out just fine in my opinion
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A little conversation between a journalist and Naomie Harris about Boyle directing:

https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/naomie-harris-danny-boyle-james-bond-25

What's her music like?

Well that was the case with Adele and Sam Smith and they turned out just fine in my opinion
    Disagree. Both were very predictable choices (and far different from Lipa). Only the former fit Bond like a glove, however.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,586
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A little conversation between a journalist and Naomie Harris about Boyle directing:

https://www.metro.us/entertainment/movies/naomie-harris-danny-boyle-james-bond-25
    I like Harris a lot. If Danny directs, hopefully he ensures the script play to her strengths. He had a huge hand in getting her the gig.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

What's her music like?

Adele was great, Smith was awful.
    Maybe you should
    TripAces wrote: »

Oh yay. We get to bring up that misunderstood quote for, like, the millionth time.

Not often enough for the kids here. Kindergarden this is.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Maybe you should

Madam please don't mistake me for a moron who doesn't understand that the slit wrists thing was just a throwaway comment at the end of a long shoot.

But what I can't listen to is Dan's bleating (although he's not alone at EON there to be fair) that working hard for 6 months every 2 or 3 years - and getting remunerated in the tens of millions by the way - is so draining it is almost comparable with taking a German gun emplacement on Sword beach or walking on foot to the South Pole.

The Bond role is an exceptionally good gig. But if you need 4 years between every film I'm afraid it's not for you. The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Maybe you should

Madam please don't mistake me for a moron who doesn't understand that the slit wrists thing was just a throwaway comment at the end of a long shoot.

But what I can't listen to is Dan's bleating (although he's not alone at EON there to be fair) that working hard for 6 months every 2 or 3 years - and getting remunerated in the tens of millions by the way - is so draining it is almost comparable with taking a German gun emplacement on Sword beach or walking on foot to the South Pole.

The Bond role is an exceptionally good gig. But if you need 4 years between every film I'm afraid it's not for you. The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.

Cosigned.
    The very least you can do for your copious amounts of money is be prepared to turn up every couple of years.
    What a lovely line that would be for a Bond actor to say at the press conference before the Bond shoot :-)!

Murdock wrote: »

What's her music like?

Even Eric Serra sang better than Smudger.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    vzok wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

What's her music like?

Even Eric Serra sang better than Smudger.

He probably would have sounded better singing The Writing is on The Wall too. ;)
    If Eon follow their current trend of hiring the most popular British artist currently working, than Dua Lipa has the gig. She’s immensely popular right now, in the same way that Adele was in 2011 and Sam Smith was in 2014. She’s the most buzzworthy British pop singer working currently.

She’s not an inappropriate choice, but hardly the most inspiring or exciting. Dua Lipa’s a good singer, here’s an idea of something she could do with a big Bond ballad:

We know that the studio and the producers have a large say over who gets to sing the songs. Martin Campbell confirmed that with GE and CR he had little say on what the song would b. However, Sam Mendes was very involved with the song choice. He was said to have worked very closely with both Adele and Sam Smith from a very early stage in the production.

I imagine Danny will want a big say in the choice. Anyone who has seen a Boyle film, will know how important music is to him. He has worked with a host of great artists who could contribute not only to the title sequence but possibly to the soundtrack. Artists who have previously worked with Boyle and could do Bond songs include:

Wolf Alice
    Young Fathers
    Underworld
    Rick Smith
    Muse
    Radiohead
    Arctic Monkeys
    FKA Twigs
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Never even heard of this Lipa, not at all. Just get Artic Monkeys to do the theme (and write it). AM's new album is out in May, so they will most likely be touring during the production of Bond 25. Perfect timing.

The original is better (and more Bondian), too.

Sounds like another shit song is on the horizon if this 'rumour' is true.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    edited April 2018 Posts: 308
    If Eon follow their current trend of hiring the most popular British artist currently working, than Dua Lipa has the gig. She’s immensely popular right now, in the same way that Adele was in 2011 and Sam Smith was in 2014. She’s the most buzzworthy British pop singer working currently.

If she was as popular as Adele was in 2011, then I probably should have heard of her earlier. I mean, you couldn't not know about Adele back then.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Jeffrey wrote: »

If she was as popular as Adele was in 2011, then I probably should have heard of her earlier. I mean, you couldn't not know about Adele back then.

Actually I didn't, but that's because I was very young and I did not care about popoular music at all back then.

I also would welcome Arctic Monkeys for a Bond theme song.
    Thing is just, that none of us here knows, how much of the gap is due to other issues rather then needing a 4 year break.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2018 Posts: 45,489

She’s not an inappropriate choice, but hardly the most inspiring or exciting. Dua Lipa’s a good singer, here’s an idea of something she could do with a big Bond ballad:

We know that the studio and the producers have a large say over who gets to sing the songs. Martin Campbell confirmed that with GE and CR he had little say on what the song would b. However, Sam Mendes was very involved with the song choice. He was said to have worked very closely with both Adele and Sam Smith from a very early stage in the production.

I imagine Danny will want a big say in the choice. Anyone who has seen a Boyle film, will know how important music is to him. He has worked with a host of great artists who could contribute not only to the title sequence but possibly to the soundtrack. Artists who have previously worked with Boyle and could do Bond songs include:

Wolf Alice
    Young Fathers
    Underworld
    Rick Smith
    Muse
    Radiohead
    Arctic Monkeys
    FKA Twigs

Don t forget Iggy Pop.