No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Or:

Incredibly weak studio, which Bond film franchise is tethered to, has executives make meaningless statements.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    God knows when the next bit of news will arrive. I’m going to predict June. Hopefully it’s earlier than that.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    By August, almost every piece of puzzle will fall in its place. Almost. At least that's what happened during the time Spectre was still in pre-production.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Their Home Entertainment revenue was down because the prior year benefited from the tail end of SP promotion and from Creed. They are essentially a one trick pony on the film side and need Bond. That will hopefully be motivation enough to ensure the next film arrives in 2019, despite delays to date on account of 'creative' putzing around with other things for past few years.

In terms of the announcement, yes I think May or June is when it will come and when it finally drops let's hope it will have been worth the wait.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    They need cash-flow, and Bond's their pipeline. They'd be stupid to delay further (but, then again...)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I know some get tired of the comparison, but is their little doubt that the next installment of MI, following Fallout, is already in it's early planning stages.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 832
    talos7 wrote: »
    I know some get tired of the comparison, but is their little doubt that the next installment of MI, following Fallout, is already in it's early planning stages.
    Why is there little doubt of this. I wasn’t even sure that there would be another mi.
    Of course there will be, the point being it is a franchise with people in charge who have vision and approach each film with a sense of purpose. The result is a film that looks outrageously entertaining and a series that has momentum and strives to improve with each outing.
    Shave, tan , hair, eat clean and train, he’ll be ready.
    Do we know when this was filmed; it could have been months ago.
    Mostly, it's the bags under his eyes that aren't doing him any favours.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Bounine wrote: »
    Mostly, it's the bags under his eyes that aren't doing him any favours.
    That has indeed been the problem for the past few years. In my opinion (and I've stated this before) it's giving him an almost mean and angry countenance these days, which is a distraction. People shouldn't worry about the physical side because he will be able to fix that quite readily in the gym as others have already noted. This issue won't be as easy to address without it looking fake (e.g. if they are forced to deal with it via CGI or makeup, like they did in SP imho).
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    8+ hours of sleep will do the job.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Perhaps that video was recorded some time ago because in the video where he addressed the Aladdin cast & crew, his eyes didn’t look puffy at all.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2018 Posts: 10,512
    His age is specifically referenced during the tenure, so I don’t have a problem with him looking older. If he were trying to pull off a generic ‘Bond in his prime’ then there would be a problem - but he isn’t.
    I don't have a problem of Craig or even his character showing his age. Bags under his eye included. Still wouldn't want to be on his bad side.
    The truth is that in recent photos, Craig has been seriously looking his age.

He's receeding hairlight is pretty bad and his face has got noticably rounder. It's most visable when you look at his chin and neck. He's out of shape, but he'll hopefully use the next 8 months to get back into Bond-shape.

Here's some photos of Craig back in October 2017 which isn't so great:

tumblr_oy26xfOzGI1r8rm2fo1_500.png
    received_1465279240175614.jpg
    received_1465279236842281.jpg
    459DA51000000578-5011123-image-m-54_1508823578414.jpg
    459DBA3B00000578-5011123-image-m-5_1508836750098.jpg
    459DBC5A00000578-5011123-image-m-10_1508836955309.jpg
    459E0CEA00000578-5011123-image-m-55_1508823639807.jpg

In comparison, here he is in June 2017:

r6duh37b.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getting pretty tired of analyzing Craig's face for the past 3 months. In those pictures it is quite obviously the buzz cut that is contributing to the "roundness." Larry King looks a lot worse.
    It will look better with a different haircut. I would say for sure though that 25 should be his last given his age/look. Some say he could come back for 26 as well, but I think that’s probably a bad idea.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    Getting pretty tired of analyzing Craig's face for the past 3 months. In those pictures it is quite obviously the buzz cut that is contributing to the "roundness." Larry King looks a lot worse.

Hellooooo, Albuquerque!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    echo wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

Hellooooo, Albuquerque!
    I'm lost.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,619
    He's receeding hairlight is pretty bad
    What are you smoking? His hairline has been the same since 2006. In fact, his hair seems thicker now than it did back around the time QOS was shot (probably due to hair transplants, finasteride, or both). His hair in SP is visibly thicker than in QOS.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The latest picture of Daniel Craig, trying to hide from the press by wearing a hijab and pretending to be a muslim woman.
    Screen-Shot-2013-08-26-at-9.27.55-PM.png
    He really needs to go to bed earlier.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Craig's hairline is still reasonably the same - he has always looked worse with a skin tight haircut. A bit of length in his hairstyle is of major benefit to him.

A bit like many men, I would suspect. I know I look far worse with a tight crew cut. It'd be nice if he was able to grow it out a bit for his last hurrah.
  • RC7RC7
    The latest picture of Daniel Craig, trying to hide from the press by wearing a hijab and pretending to be a muslim woman.

Can I say lol?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Looks happy. So a breezier, more fun BOND 25.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=7qRArQ2BflI&t=53s
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    All I know is Bond 25 will have a very very digital sheen to it and will be hyper-stylished. I'm simultaneously very excited and a tad frightened by this idea....
    What makes you think so?
    Complaining about Craig´s looks is ridiculous, as it all depends on what they make of it. When he was introduced on that boat on the Thames river, he didn´t look anything like in CR. Then everybody thought he didn´t look sexy enough for Bond, only to be one of the biggest sex symbols a few years on. Let him hit the gym for a few months, and he´ll look like a veteran who can kill five guys at once with his bare hands, regardless of his age. On the contrary, he´ll look even more menacing than he was able to ten years ago.
    All I know is Bond 25 will have a very very digital sheen to it and will be hyper-stylished. I'm simultaneously very excited and a tad frightened by this idea....
    What makes you think so?
    That's the style Danny Boyle is known for. I'm really hoping Bond 25 will have this look:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=QW4ztNwesCk