No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I bet the cinema gold idea is that they bring back several old villains, maybe Goldfinger, Mr Big, Dr No and who knows who in the same film.

Now THAT is a film in which the Scooby Gang would feel at home. :D

Didn't the JAMES BOND JR cartoon feature the return of some of the classic Bond villains like Jaws and Goldfinger?

Perhaps Boyle's "Great idea" and "Amazing twist" is that he's making a live action adaptation of JAMES BOND JR? Daniel Craig only has to come in for one day of filming as his part will be a cameo. Good news is that the Scooby Gang won't be present at all. He'll create a new Scooby Gang for Bond Jr to interact with.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Some of these 'cinema gold' and 'amazing twist' ideas seem somewhat reminiscent of CR67 imho (a film I haven't watched BTW).
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Didn't the JAMES BOND JR cartoon feature the return of some of the classic Bond villains like Jaws and Goldfinger?

Perhaps Boyle's "Great idea" and "Amazing twist" is that he's making a live action adaptation of JAMES BOND JR? Daniel Craig only has to come in for one day of filming as his part will be a cameo. Good news is that the Scooby Gang won't be present at all. He'll create a new Scooby Gang for Bond Jr to interact with.

If only.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    The trailers for Death Wish did nothing for me, and that is why I avoided it, despite being a huge Willis fan. Shame. Which idiot greenlighted that over at MGM? If it was Barber, perhaps his dismissal was warranted.

It was definitely under the Barber regime at MGM. Also, it was produced by Roger Birnbaum, who initially was co-CEO with Barber, but stepped down and took a producer's deal at the studio.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Some of these 'cinema gold' and 'amazing twist' ideas seem somewhat reminiscent of CR67 imho (a film I haven't watched BTW).

Don't ever watch it,believe me.
  • RC7RC7
    I would actually recommend The Italian Job, @barryt007. It's better than Michael Caine's version.

Worst opinion on the forum.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I would actually recommend The Italian Job, @barryt007. It's better than Michael Caine's version.

That's what I thought...I will stick with the original. ;)

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm sure you don't mean it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 13,894
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Bruce Willis is sending his career down the toilet these days.

Has it not already gone around the bend? How long has Willis been on auto pilot, 10 years? Maybe more.
    Bruce Willis is sending his career down the toilet these days.

Has it not already gone around the bend? How long has Willis been on auto pilot, 10 years? Maybe more.

At least...maybe its the only work he can get now,as he is supposed to be a right shit to work with.
    And numerous actors and directors have said that over the years.
    And then, we have this banging our heads to the wall for the rest of the film...

That's just you!
    Thanks for the comments chaps but I think I will stick with the original version.

Very wise barry
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What time can we expect info (if any) on the MGM conference?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Apparantly 10am US time.

6pm UK time...

So maybe an hour or 2 later than that.
    Fingers crossed.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not expecting anything from this call as usual, but it'll be nice to have something randomly announced in it.
    Same here..i will pop back in here occasionally as the evening/night progresses and look to see if anyone has anything.
  • barryt007 wrote: »

Apparantly 10am US time.

6pm UK time...

So maybe an hour or 2 later than that.
    Fingers crossed.

Previously, MGM has posted a recording of the call on its website by late afternoon New York time. (I think the 10 am is Pacific time, so the call won't start until 1 pm New York time.)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A little over an hour until the call begins. I take it one of you nice chaps will post any results/information accordingly?
    bondjames wrote: »

Don't ever watch it,believe me.

Watch it if you want trippy 60's camp, with a plot that's all ovet the place. Or at least for Ursula Anders, Peter Sellers and David Niven. I advice you to be intoxicated too.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I would actually recommend The Italian Job, @barryt007. It's better than Michael Caine's version. It's not a cheesy comedy with the annoying "Self-Preservation Society" playing every five minutes. It takes itself half-seriously while being a fantastic caper. :D

As for Get Carter, well... Can't say it's good, but I enjoy it, because I love Sly. Other great remakes include Ocean's Eleven (and its two brilliant sequels), and our very own Brosnan's Thomas Crown Affair.

I'm not against remakes. I just prefer if they're handled in a relevant way rather than just producing it whatever quality (high or lackluster) material they inject it without caring about it under the brand label and getting audiences' hopes up.
    I haven't seen the Italian Job remake but I can see myself liking it better than the original. Cheesy comedy is fine, but except for certain moments and elements, the original film feels very lightweight and unsubstantial. It's less of a film and more of a bunch of scenes strung together that achieve little to nothing. The main exceptions would be the heist scene and the ending.

Got nothing against remakes either, as long as they establish their own identity.
    What could happen: Boyle confirmation, Hodge confirmation, small details

Probably won’t: Title, cast, significant details
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This is an investor call. Consequently I don't think you will get anything pertaining to 'creative' being discussed here, including director news.

Rather, all we can hope for is 'business' related information, such as reaffirmation of release date, distributor details etc.

???? This certainly qualifies as a prime example of an unqualified opinion.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    30 minutes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    30 minutes.

until boring news.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Not as bad as the user who claimed OHMSS is the worst Bond movie ever.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 11,425
    Walecs wrote: »

Not as bad as the user who claimed OHMSS is the worst Bond movie ever.

I assume they were barred and then given a good kicking outside on the pavement?
    Everyone is allowed their opinions. But man sometimes I sure can’t understand them! OHMSS is a true series highlight.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    This is an investor call. Consequently I don't think you will get anything pertaining to 'creative' being discussed here, including director news.

Rather, all we can hope for is 'business' related information, such as reaffirmation of release date, distributor details etc.

There was one time the call got into "creative," when MGM used it to announce John Logan had been hired to write Bond 24 and Bond 25. But that was a long time ago (November 2012).