No Time To Die: Production Diary

1140214031405140714082563

Comments

  • edited March 2018 Posts: 6,601
    Si wishing failure on 25 is better then on 26? Interesting. And yes, since everybody here is very personal - on actors, EON, the producers etc. why spare those, who do the bitching. Of course, bondjames does always dress it up nicely bit still the same. But there are worse here, definitely.

    And I do know, I am not the only one here, who is tired of the bitching - openly or dressed up.
  • Posts: 1,031
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Si wishing failure on 25 is better then on 26? Interesting. And yes, since everybody here is very personal - on actors, EON, the producers etc. why spare those, who do the bitching. Of course, bondjames does always dress it up nicely bit still the same. But there are worse here, definitely.

    And I do know, I am not the only one here, who is tired of the bitching - openly or dressed up.

    Okay ...
  • Posts: 1,162
    "Amazing twist". So we can rule out a straightforward Bond on a mission film?
    We ruled that out the moment Danny Boyle came on board. The "Bond on a mission" film will only happen if they hire a non-artsy non-dramatist director who directs action like knowing the back of his hand.

    That change of direction/tone/style can't come quick enough.
    Bond fans are so disappointing.

    That... that makes no sense. Why would we be disappointing (of all things)?
    A large percentage of Bond fans would basically want EON to produce the same movie over and over again, are dead set against invention and are only satisfied when they get a reproduction of the Bond movie they watched as a 7 year old. Not to mention that many (most?) Bond fans have absolutely no knowledge of cinema, and wouldn't know a great movie if it hit them in the face.

    You're really just don't get it, do you? Being your teacher must've been a frustrating task!
  • Posts: 1,162
    Germanlady wrote: »
    As I said, Major, you’re wasting your time.

    Why would you say that? The intensity in which negativity and pessimism is spread by some, is showing results. Your following is growing more and more. Being in the B 25 hate wagon is the place to be, if you want to fit in. So, be happy and dont complain. If you want to be a Bond fan these days, being against everything that was and might be in stock, has to be the attitude.
    Well, if for nothing else, I hope 25 will be great and 26, with who ever, a stinker. Now that would be fun as far as I am concerned.

    Your liking of the last two movies very well proves that you have no idea about fun whatsoever.
    Good looks, class and elegance not to mention.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,571
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 6,221
    I said this on February 26

    I stand by what I said right after the awards show fiasco, within a month or so Daniel Craig will be displayed in some way and he will look great. At this point he’s eating clean , in the gym and any cosmetic work he may, or may not have had done will have subsided or reversed to a degree.
  • Posts: 1,031
    talos7 wrote: »
    I said this on February 26

    I stand by what I said right after the awards show fiasco, within a month or so Daniel Craig will be displayed in some way and he will look great. At this point he’s eating clean , in the gym and any cosmetic work he may, or may not have had done will have subsided or reversed to a degree.

    It was Harry Morgan's fault

    https://www.thejc.com/news/the-diary/bond-star-daniel-craig-blames-wife-rachel-weisz-s-affection-for-jewish-food-for-his-weight-gain-1.459430
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Si wishing failure on 25 is better then on 26? Interesting. And yes, since everybody here is very personal - on actors, EON, the producers etc. why spare those, who do the bitching. Of course, bondjames does always dress it up nicely bit still the same. But there are worse here, definitely.

    And I do know, I am not the only one here, who is tired of the bitching - openly or dressed up.
    For the record, I have never wished failure on B25 or on Craig personally. I'd prefer if we had a new Bond for B25, but that's my opinion only. At the end of the day, I'm quite optimistic now that Boyle/Hodge are in the frame, and I think I have openly expressed that a few times here. Could there be more changes for my tastes? Yes, of course, but I certainly don't wish the film to fail. How idiotic would that be? If it fails we'll have another long break without another film, like we had between 89-95, and only a twit would want that.

    With respect to people's opinions here, we all express our own and only our own. From what I know, most people here are adults and are well within their rights to say what they want. If people are being unduly influenced by others here, then perhaps they need to take a break and gather their own thoughts before coming back here. Nobody wants parrots.

    I guess where you and I differ is that I have never confronted members here on their opinion. I may disagree with them (as I'm sure I do with you) but I welcome their right to express their desires for the franchise. I'd hope you would give the rest of us that right too. If you don't like it, give us a counter opinion and justify your thinking, but I hope you'll agree there's no need to make it personal with members as you have done with me on countless occasions now.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    talos7 wrote: »
    I said this on February 26

    I stand by what I said right after the awards show fiasco, within a month or so Daniel Craig will be displayed in some way and he will look great. At this point he’s eating clean , in the gym and any cosmetic work he may, or may not have had done will have subsided or reversed to a degree.

    He’s definitely looking better in that video. You may be on to something!
  • Posts: 4,353
    Do we think that Purvis and Wade are totally out?

    I know the WGA have very strict rules on first draft writers (mainly as big productions often retool scripts). Both Guardians of the Galaxy and the first Avengers credit two writers who did minimal to little work on the final film's script due to WGA rules.

    I think the final credits could read:

    Written by John Hodge
    Story by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade

    Also it may be of interest to those who are skeptical of Hodge's invovlement, as he is mostly known as a comedy writer. But he has a few spy films in the works. I don't know if these are active projects but Hodge did write teh scripts for a few spy films that may currently be in flux:
    http://www.unitedagents.co.uk/john-hodge

    The first is A SPY BY NATURE and the second is SIX SUSPECTS


  • Posts: 553
    Surely that is entirely dependent on whether anything of the P&W script remains. If it has been totally tossed, then my understanding is that they will get no credit. If it is a rewrite that retains characters (characters unique to Bond 25), situations, lines etc, then that would be different.
  • Posts: 10,816
    If Boyle/Hodge indeed are taking over, I bet they don’t use what P&W had (which I suspect is a direct continuation of SP and probably a typical revenge type film). I would think they have something more original and interesting than P&W in the story department.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 4,605
    Do we think that Purvis and Wade are totally out?

    I know the WGA have very strict rules on first draft writers (mainly as big productions often retool scripts). Both Guardians of the Galaxy and the first Avengers credit two writers who did minimal to little work on the final film's script due to WGA rules.

    I think the final credits could read:

    Written by John Hodge
    Story by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade

    Also it may be of interest to those who are skeptical of Hodge's invovlement, as he is mostly known as a comedy writer. But he has a few spy films in the works. I don't know if these are active projects but Hodge did write teh scripts for a few spy films that may currently be in flux:
    http://www.unitedagents.co.uk/john-hodge

    The first is A SPY BY NATURE and the second is SIX SUSPECTS


    Hodge is known mostly for dramas and thrillers.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I can imagine P&W polishing Hodge's script, possibly. After all, they are sort of the in-house writers and are most familiar with Bond, and particularly this interpretation.

    By the way, I watched the first episode of the Danny Boyle directed Trust miniseries yesterday. It was the first time I've seen anything by Boyle, and I can see what people have been commenting on now.

    It was quite colourful, a bit eccentric, had lots of off centre camera angles and had a certain spark to it. In a way it was atypical in relation to the somewhat stuffy surroundings in which the show is set. There was an energy to it. An almost youthful vibrancy, in direct contradiction to the environment. Some great period songs included from time to time too and a neat background score in key scenes. I'm quite curious to see what he does with Bond now.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,172
    bondjames wrote: »
    I can imagine P&W polishing Hodge's script, possibly. After all, they are sort of the in-house writers and are most familiar with Bond, and particularly this interpretation.

    I am still expecting something like that to be honest. P&W have been officially announced already (prematurely?) so they are not out of the picture yet
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,172
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Here is one of several that has him responding to questions about a Bond film in the #MeToo era.

    https://pagesix.com/2018/03/15/danny-boyle-will-write-next-bond-girl-role-to-fit-metoo-era/

    He could have literally given the same answer, word for word, if asked if Bond 25 will Deal with Brexit or the Russians, or what Brand of vodka he will drink. Its a non answer is what it is
  • Posts: 10,816
    It really is. The whole #MeToo thing with Bond is complete clickbait. We don’t really know anything yet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Far, far, far, far, far, far, far away.
    Posts: 42,565
    Dennison wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I said this on February 26

    I stand by what I said right after the awards show fiasco, within a month or so Daniel Craig will be displayed in some way and he will look great. At this point he’s eating clean , in the gym and any cosmetic work he may, or may not have had done will have subsided or reversed to a degree.

    It was Harry Morgan's fault

    https://www.thejc.com/news/the-diary/bond-star-daniel-craig-blames-wife-rachel-weisz-s-affection-for-jewish-food-for-his-weight-gain-1.459430

    The jews are behind everything.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 10,571
    Dennison wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I said this on February 26

    I stand by what I said right after the awards show fiasco, within a month or so Daniel Craig will be displayed in some way and he will look great. At this point he’s eating clean , in the gym and any cosmetic work he may, or may not have had done will have subsided or reversed to a degree.

    It was Harry Morgan's fault

    https://www.thejc.com/news/the-diary/bond-star-daniel-craig-blames-wife-rachel-weisz-s-affection-for-jewish-food-for-his-weight-gain-1.459430

    The jews are behind everything.
    Now, now.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Germanlady wrote: »
    As I said, Major, you’re wasting your time.

    Why would you say that? The intensity in which negativity and pessimism is spread by some, is showing results. Your following is growing more and more. Being in the B 25 hate wagon is the place to be, if you want to fit in. So, be happy and dont complain. If you want to be a Bond fan these days, being against everything that was and might be in stock, has to be the attitude.
    Well, if for nothing else, I hope 25 will be great and 26, with who ever, a stinker. Now that would be fun as far as I am concerned.
    Germanlady, you are wasting your time.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think fans expressing desires for a return to a more independent, mission centric approach as opposed to a personal story based narrative associated with a particular actor's arc are being quite reasonable at this stage of the cycle.
    What traditionalists here really want is not simply a mission centric Bond film, they want a mission centric traditional Bond film. Boyle could easily deliver a radical, but mission centric Bond film that's unlike any Bond film we have ever seen. I doubt such a movie would satisfiy the traditionalists.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think fans expressing desires for a return to a more independent, mission centric approach as opposed to a personal story based narrative associated with a particular actor's arc are being quite reasonable at this stage of the cycle.
    What traditionalists here really want is not simply a mission centric Bond film, they want a mission centric traditional Bond film. Boyle could easily deliver a radical, but mission centric Bond film that's unlike any Bond film we have ever seen. I doubt such a movie would satisfiy the traditionalists.
    Well that would certainly work fine for me.

    I've mentioned previously that I would honestly prefer that the loose ends in the Craig narrative be tied off with B25, and therefore would actually be open to a continuity story for his B25 swansong. Why? Well, because it is my hope that if they tied off his story properly (as opposed to ham fistedly, as they did in SP) then perhaps I could look at his entire arc with more positivity than I do now (viewing all 4 Craig films in a row is quite a chore for me these days because of how it presently ends).

    Having said that, a one-off story focused purely on a mission and without any connection to the past (or any personal b/s) would work fine for me too, although in such case I don't understand why they just didn't recast rather than soldier on with the old fella.

    Boyle will bring a new (and perhaps energetic) flavour to the direction, and that would make a welcome change if nothing else.
  • Posts: 4,619
    @bondjames What i'm hoping is that CR, SF and Bond 25 will work as a loose trilogy, as CR and SF are among my very favourite movies and I desperately want to ignore QOS and SP.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I'd be fine with that too @PanchitoPistoles.

    I still personally see SF as a standalone, no matter what retro-rubbish they foisted on us in SP.

    If B25 is a standalone too then I may just end up viewing CR, QoS (I don't mind this one because it's essentially a CR continuation), SF & B25 for a Craig run and just ignore SP entirely (like I normally ignore TWINE when going through Brosnan's films).
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Posts: 719
    Hopefully there will be some real news, soon. Craig fan or not - we‘ll all appreciate a new Bond movie - even if some just go and see it to rant about it :-D (just kidding)

    I am and remain truly excited it Boyle will really do it (the Hodge script could still fall through) and if so what the „cinema gold“ thing will be like. I doubt a period piece (which might become an option for B26).
  • Posts: 10,816
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd be fine with that too @PanchitoPistoles.

    I still personally see SF as a standalone, no matter what retro-rubbish they foisted on us in SP.

    If B25 is a standalone too then I may just end up viewing CR, QoS (I don't mind this one because it's essentially a CR continuation), SF & B25 for a Craig run and just ignore SP entirely (like I normally ignore TWINE when going through Brosnan's films).

    I agree with SF being standalone. CR is as well. Even QOS often times feel like it. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think SP really makes Craig's first few any less standalone. It just makes SP not standalone. After all, they make references to past Bond films in the older ones too (FRWL referencing Dr. No's death, OHMSS with the pictures and gadget montage, etc.). These little things need not make the previous films less standalone.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Posts: 2,594
    For what its worth, Craig looks 100% better here.

  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    FoxRox wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd be fine with that too @PanchitoPistoles.

    I still personally see SF as a standalone, no matter what retro-rubbish they foisted on us in SP.

    If B25 is a standalone too then I may just end up viewing CR, QoS (I don't mind this one because it's essentially a CR continuation), SF & B25 for a Craig run and just ignore SP entirely (like I normally ignore TWINE when going through Brosnan's films).

    I agree with SF being standalone. CR is as well. Even QOS often times feel like it. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't think SP really makes Craig's first few any less standalone. It just makes SP not standalone. After all, they make references to past Bond films in the older ones too (FRWL referencing Dr. No's death, OHMSS with the pictures and gadget montage, etc.). These little things need not make the previous films less standalone.
    The last time I viewed CR I didn't enjoy it as much because when I saw White I thought of SP. The silly hanging photos thing went through my mind towards the end as well. The same thing happened with my most recent viewing of QoS. It hasn't affected my viewings of SF yet though and I really think that's because Bardem sells Silva's personal conflict with Dench's M so well.

    I think I'm just going to have to avoid SP going forward in order to continue to enjoy the earlier Craig entries as much as I used to. Just forget it exists.
  • Posts: 10,816
    I just don’t let it bother me. Like I said, references to past Bond films/villains are nothing new, even if it’s done lazily in SP. The other films remain just as good for me.
  • Posts: 13,273
    For what its worth, Craig looks 100% better here.


    He most certainly does. I think he looks back to his old self.
Sign In or Register to comment.