No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm pretty sick of all these random posts and focus of the week by eon to be honest I'm just ready for the official announcement dropped today confirming boyle and the distributor

You needn't be sick of everything else just because you're feeling impatient. Of course we ALL want the announcement to come today, but it can't come if it isn't ready. It'll arrive when it arrives.
    I think we're all want the announcement, but I take it as a good sign we're getting any kind of posts. Would be more worried if we didn't.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can't wait to read all about this in a future edition of Some Kind of Hero. It's definitely interesting whatever happened behind the scenes to delay the 25th installment and not have it released till four years after Spectre.
  • I'm pretty sick of all these random posts and focus of the week by eon to be honest I'm just ready for the official announcement dropped today confirming boyle and the distributor

Maybe I missed more, but recently one of their "focus of the week" was about the SPECTRE car chase.

As best as I could tell, they had only two tweets on the subject:

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    I really think the four year gap all boils down to both the distribution bidding and eon and craig wanting to do other projects
  • I really think the four year gap all boils down to both the distribution bidding and eon and craig wanting to do other projects

Don't forget Barbara Broccoli wanting to do other projects. A trifecta.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    That's what I mean eon is no longer completely bond focused like they used to be when cubby was running things
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    3 years is enough for other projects, the problem is they want an extra "rest" year on top of it.
    Not going to get my hopes up, but I have a hunch we will get more Bond news at the investor call.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    edited March 2018 Posts: 70
    I wonder how the #MeToo movement is going to affect B25. Boyle was talking about it. But I am glad that Harvey Weinstein is out the door, the guy had to go. I recall being disgusted by him making that statement that he wantedto play Bond around the time Skyfall came out, Harvey is the furthest thing away from Bond
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If Boyle had his golden idea since 2012, it probably means it was inspired by his own Olympic spot or by SF. It could be either.
    If Boyle had his golden idea since 2012, it probably means it was inspired by his own Olympic spot or by SF. It could be either.

This is my thought...

Perhaps the film repurposes the footage from the 2012 opening ceremony at the end. We see Bond successfully complete his mission and at the end we see him visit the palace to get knighted.

That be a fun way to explain why Bond met the Queen.
    The Queen and I is the title of Bond 25
    The Property of a Lady has a chance yet...
    Cards with a Stranger would be good enough.
    Cards with a Stranger would be good enough.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The Property of a Lady has a chance yet...

Good idea
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 684
    I understood that tidbit about the idea being hatched at the Olympics to rather mean that the idea of Boyle eventually doing Bond was hatched then, and not any one specific idea. I took the idea to have come rather as of late, hence Boyle's sudden entrance into the running for director, after going to Eon with what he'd cooked up. (I might have misunderstood of course.)
    bondjames wrote: »
    Strog wrote: »
    Whenever Boyle's "twist" or "movie gold idea" is mentioned, we keep circling back to the period piece thing. The thought of picking up right where SP left off does make the stomach queasy, and if they're ever going to do a 50s-set Bond film we're possibly at the most opportune moment for a few reasons (so long as it's a one off) -- but are there any other ideas as to what the 'twist' might be?
    Given this idea was purportedly hatched between QoS and SF (and during the time of the Olympics), I can only imagine it involves some political intrigue. Something with grave, dastardly consequences. After all, QoS in particular had set up this thought of a nefarious and dangerous organization in the shadows. One that had infiltrated the upper echelons of global power. Perhaps Bond is forced to confront inner demons as he wrestles with loyalty towards a friend (lover even?) vs. loyalty to the state?

Could it be Felix on the ropes?

I realize it means pseudo rogue/personal again, but frankly I think with Craig that's more likely than a straight mission.
    I agree. I was going to reply and mention the potential desire to avoid another personal angle, but you may be correct in thinking that's just where they'd like to go once more.
    echo wrote: »
    Could be anything they haven't done before.
    I suppose this is the most succinct way of saying what we know about it.
    I wonder how the #MeToo movement is going to affect B25. Boyle was talking about it. But I am glad that Harvey Weinstein is out the door, the guy had to go. I recall being disgusted by him making that statement that he wantedto play Bond around the time Skyfall came out, Harvey is the furthest thing away from Bond
    I wasn't sure what to expect with Boyle helming, but considering it was one of the first questions he was asked after the rumors started I'd expect it to continue being a focal point for the media—and so for the production, probably. What remains to be seen is how much or if the film will self-consciously call attention to it. Since Boyle's being asked about it now, when the script is still being written, I suppose it's more likely to dictate certain choices. I guess we'll see.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I am filled with dread regarding everything about Bond's future including B25.
    Yes, Filled with Dread would also be a possible title. Or better Fillet of Dread?

Haha! Good one.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Interestingly, I reckon this "amazing twist" is a period Bond film.

I 100% doubt that.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    HASEROT wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    And that is one opinion.
    TND resurrected the Bond score ; his next two were very good. if not great. CR was spectacular, and captured the essence of Bond while being fresh. QoS built on that.
    Given another go, Arnold would again resurrect the Bond sound track.
    Isn’t that a recurring theme of Craig’s Bond,

Resurrection?

That is some good drugs you are on. CR swapped the musical Bond identity to elevator music, something so generic it could be used on any other movie. No power and no identity at all in both CR & QoS.

CR was arguably Arnold's best work, and I would put it up with some of the finest soundtracks in the series.. The way he wove "you know my name" and subtle cues from bond theme throughout the movie was masterful.. Can't think of the movie without hearing cues like "I am the money".. "Aston Montenegro" .. "Vesper" .. "City of Lovers" .... The score was so unlike anything Arnold had done for Bond previously that when i first saw the movie, I thought it was a different composer.

Agreed. However the first version of "You know my name" was terrible until Arnold added the orchestra strings and brass. Which ultimately made it easier to pull out and use as Score.
    Would that be the film version of the song?
    Boyle didn't mention or discuss the #MeToo movement. It was just a click-bait headline.
    @bondsum, Boyle was quoted mentioning the #MeToo movement, but who is going to find the link again on the last 20 pages?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,185
    @bondsum, Boyle was quoted mentioning the #MeToo movement, but who is going to find the link again on the last 20 pages?

I think @bondsum was talking about exactly that interview, in which Boyle only reacted to a question about #MeToo in a very diplomatic and meaningless way.
    What else was he supposed to say? "F*** that, Bond will sexually harass so many women in my movie, your eyes are gonna pop out."?

As for Boyle being PC i just want to mention that it was his idea to have Rosario Dawson be fully naked in 2013's Trance, which also pissed some people off (ironically enough he even dated her after the movie was finished). He said in an interview that he wanted to use sexuallity in the storytelling as well, as it was done in films before.

Not that EoN will let him do that in a Bond film, but i just wanted to throw that out there.

And he said in another interview about the Fleming books, which he loved, were all about "sex, pleasure and guns" so he is very well aware of what he is working with here.
  • RC7RC7
    00Agent wrote: »

I think @bondsum was talking about exactly that interview, in which Boyle only reacted to a question about #MeToo in a very diplomatic and meaningless way.
    What else was he supposed to say? "F*** that, Bond will sexually harass so many women in my movie, your eyes are gonna pop out."?

As for Boyle being PC i just want to mention that it was his idea to have Rosario Dawson be fully naked in 2013's Trance, which also pissed some people off (ironically enough he even dated her after the movie was finished). He said in an interview that he wanted to use sexuallity in the storytelling as well, as it was done in films before.

Not that EoN will let him do that in a Bond film, but i just wanted to throw that out there.

And he said in another interview about the Fleming books, which he loved, were all about "sex, pleasure and guns" so he is very well aware of what he is working with here.

The way they get around #metoo is to have the women forcibly shag Bond. Problem solved.
    RC7 wrote: »

The way they get around #metoo is to have the women forcibly shag Bond. Problem solved.

I am all for another Xenia :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I was just going to say. All this nonsense has already been addressed very well in 1995's GE. Just look back there for inspiration.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,185

I was just going to say. All this nonsense has already been addressed very well in 1995's GE. Just look back there for inspiration.

+1
    But the social consciousness only remembers so much apparently.
    I guess they need to be reminded every couple of years

+1
    But the social consciousness only remembers so much apparently.
    I guess they need to be reminded every couple of years
    Make that every day. They're quick to forget.
    Strangely enough some people today are way to focused on what happened over 50 years ago in the franchise.