No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    SaintMark wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    And that is one opinion.
    TND resurrected the Bond score ; his next two were very good. if not great. CR was spectacular, and captured the essence of Bond while being fresh. QoS built on that.
    Given another go, Arnold would again resurrect the Bond sound track.
    Isn’t that a recurring theme of Craig’s Bond,

Resurrection?

That is some good drugs you are on. CR swapped the musical Bond identity to elevator music, something so generic it could be used on any other movie. No power and no identity at all in both CR & QoS.

CR was arguably Arnold's best work, and I would put it up with some of the finest soundtracks in the series.. The way he wove "you know my name" and subtle cues from bond theme throughout the movie was masterful.. Can't think of the movie without hearing cues like "I am the money".. "Aston Montenegro" .. "Vesper" .. "City of Lovers" .... The score was so unlike anything Arnold had done for Bond previously that when i first saw the movie, I thought it was a different composer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    HASEROT wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    And that is one opinion.
    TND resurrected the Bond score ; his next two were very good. if not great. CR was spectacular, and captured the essence of Bond while being fresh. QoS built on that.
    Given another go, Arnold would again resurrect the Bond sound track.
    Isn’t that a recurring theme of Craig’s Bond,

Resurrection?

That is some good drugs you are on. CR swapped the musical Bond identity to elevator music, something so generic it could be used on any other movie. No power and no identity at all in both CR & QoS.

"Aston Montenegro"

You can t say the Monten-word here.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I can‘t find anything that‘s not in-line with the musical heritage of Barry in the soundtracks of CR and QoS. As often as I listen to them when jogging or in the gym or at my workplace tells me how good they are. Miles ahead of SP or SF. However, Barry remains the god of Bond soundtracks ... that‘s just how it is. But Arnold came close with CR and QoS.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    I can‘t find anything that‘s not in-line with the musical heritage of Barry in the soundtracks of CR and QoS. As often as I listen to them when jogging or in the gym or at my workplace tells me how good they are. Miles ahead of SP or SF. However, Barry remains the god of Bond soundtracks ... that‘s just how it is. But Arnold came close with CR and QoS.

Barry is in a class unto himself.. Then there is all the rest... What Arnold was, was the best in continuing that formula and sound Barry created for Bond, while still doing things his own way and adding his own unique flair to scores... The techno stuff I've learned to embrace a little more, because it was a product of the time (Barry himself dabbled with some electric guitar riffs for the score to AVTAK and some synth for the score to TLD)..
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 727
    I thought his work in QOS was far better, and his best. The infusion of Bourne like percussion into his classical style took him to new heights. Listen to the track when Bond goes through the tunnel, in the pre titles sequence, godly stuff mates.
    I think QOS has the best Bond soundtrack since a Barry-composed Bond film - and even some of those may be topped by QOS in music. Love or hate QOS, it had a 10/10 Bond soundtrack.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    As much as I love the score for QoS, I still have to go with CR as my favorite Arnold Bond score.
    Either way he deserves consideration for Craig’s curtain call.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Danny Boyle's James Bond: Trainsbonding by my friend from Archivo 007, David Acín. (Adult language... you know ;) )

Fook mee, that was fookin brilliant! As if the last four Bond films had Trainspotting as temp track :-)).

Great fun. I want everryone to have a Scottish accent in B25, and more seriously Iggy McPop for the theme song.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Just watch Sir Billi instead. ;)
    Danny Boyle's James Bond: Trainsbonding by my friend from Archivo 007, David Acín. (Adult language... you know ;) )

Lol! Brilliant!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That trailer had me chuckle. Very well made. :))
    First picture of James and Madeleine in Bond 25 has emerged.
    416173bc1efff53f33e8b47a50fcda40.gif
    First picture of James and Madeleine in Bond 25 has emerged.
    416173bc1efff53f33e8b47a50fcda40.gif

Nooooooooooooooo

That is funny though.
    We haven't discussed the most pertinent of things. What should this film be titled? 007: Britannia War.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Just great.

We haven't discussed the most pertinent of things. What should this film be titled? 007: Britannia War.
    From Renton with Love
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I am filled with dread regarding everything about Bond's future including B25.
    I am filled with dread regarding everything about Bond's future including B25.
    Yes, Filled with Dread would also be a possible title. Or better Fillet of Dread?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    An apparently trustworthy user from other forum, posted this earlier today.

"The director has been in place for a long time now. People panicking about a rushed schedule shouldn’t worry."

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

"The director has been in place for a long time now. People panicking about a rushed schedule shouldn’t worry."

Source?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,619

Why on Earth did that guy not write "Danny Boyle has been in place for a long time now"?? Or is he claiming the director has been in place for a long time now but that director isn't Boyle? If so, he is FULL OF SH--.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    We should know in a couple days anyway.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,281

In a couple days?

In a couple days?

Yes, there is a investors call on the 28th I think.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

In a couple days?

I'm curious as to who is going to run that call, given there is no CEO. I suppose chairman Ulrich will be the one to do it. The most important thing for me is B25's foreign distributor. If they say that's not a done deal yet, then perhaps we have reason to be concerned.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,087
    bondjames wrote: »

In a couple days?

I'm curious as to who is going to run that call, given there is no CEO. I suppose chairman Ulrich will be the one to do it. The most important thing for me is B25's foreign distributor. If they say that's not a done deal yet, then perhaps we have reason to be concerned.

It's not as if EON can push back production if filming of Indie 5 is scheduled to begin at pinewood for 2019.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I said a while back that there was more in place than seemed apparent; that includes having a director in place. Boyle’s involvement likely predates its revelation by several months, if not longer.

In a couple days?

What can we expect to get confirmation of in these investors calls, really?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

In a couple days?

What can we expect to get confirmation of in these investors calls, really?
    The distributor and whether B25 is on course for its previously announced release date.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Do not expect to learn anything about B25 on the investors call.