The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    So the punishment is either £56 or 2 years in prison? I know which one I'd prefer!!

Haha yeah, £56? I'm sure multi millionaire Pierce Brosnan is crapping himself right now.

Hope he's getting used to the idea of living on the streets and starving, having to pay a hefty fee like that.

I think he'll just take the prison time mate, he's got kids to support after all, can't afford to be skint.

Too right. His wife and kids won't be able to survive on the streets, so prison is the only logical option for him now.

He's probably at home now watching the North Korea scenes from DAD on repeat in preparation, in between saying his tearful goodbyes to his loved ones.

"Pierce, it's £56, darling."
    "Tell it to the concierge..."
    We could always have a whip-round for him or put an appeal on day-time telly : a Pierce Brosnan Aid Appeal.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Murdock wrote: »
    Although, you have to admit he’s not trying but actually doing the Southern accent properly in The Son.

And for a man who is supposed to be in his 80's Older Eli looks great. :D

I'm not sure what accent Brossy has in Spinning Man. English, American - somewhere in between... who knows! The trailer looks interesting.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Although, you have to admit he’s not trying but actually doing the Southern accent properly in The Son.

And for a man who is supposed to be in his 80's Older Eli looks great. :D
    I'm not sure what accent Brossy has in Spinning Man. English, American - somewhere in between... who knows!
    He's supposed to be a man of Irish descent.
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    Any opinions on some of Pierce's earlier efforts, such as Detonator 1 and 2, and Live Wire?
    I liked Live Wire and Death Train (aka Detonator) both.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I love the 4th Protocol. Pitty i can't find a European blu ray of it. Same with his after Bond efforts like Matador, Tailor of Panama etc.
  • DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    edited February 2018 Posts: 50
    00Agent I have not seen The 4th Protocol but perhaps some day I'll get around to it. Siskel and Ebert I believe both enjoyed it. (I have a massive archive of Siskel and Ebert episodes that I call upon after watching an older movie, I always like to see their take)
    edited February 2018 Posts: 5,185
    It's awesome. I love seeing Pierce play an all out evil bastard. For me it since has become Kind of a pre requisit for new Bond actors to be able to play evil, villainous chararcters in order to be a convincing Bond. He needs to have a certain darkness about him without overacting it.

I liked both of those as well.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 50
    Also he had a great but very small part in The Long Good Friday... I believe this was his first film as he tells it. Don't go in expecting a "Pierce movie" because his part is very brief but it is an excellent crime film nonetheless. Let's just say Broz gets the last laugh.
    Also he had a great but very small part in The Long Good Friday... I believe this was his first film as he tells it. Don't go in expecting a "Pierce movie" because his part is very brief but it is an excellent crime film nonetheless. Let's just say Broz gets the last laugh.

Another good one.
    He basically started out as a villain, not a leading man. Even to this day he is better at playing shady characters with questionable morals than clear cut heroic leads.
    Which is probably why i love his Bond.
    So the punishment is either £56 or 2 years in prison? I know which one I'd prefer!!

Haha yeah, £56? I'm sure multi millionaire Pierce Brosnan is crapping himself right now.

Hope he's getting used to the idea of living on the streets and starving, having to pay a hefty fee like that.

I think he'll just take the prison time mate, he's got kids to support after all, can't afford to be skint.

Too right. His wife and kids won't be able to survive on the streets, so prison is the only logical option for him now.

He's probably at home now watching the North Korea scenes from DAD on repeat in preparation, in between saying his tearful goodbyes to his loved ones.
    :))

"Pierce, it's £56, darling."
    "Tell it to the concierge..."
    :)) :))
    Pierce is excellent in 'The 4th Protocol'....so evil in it.
    I cant believe i dont own the film yet actually !!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    barryt007 wrote: »

India threatens Pierce Brosnan with fine over pan masala advertisement.
    5V05mKOl.jpg
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Pierce Brosnan reacts to the news he has to pay a £56 fine to the Delhi Health Department:

image.jpg

Glad to see he's taking it well!
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan reacts to the news he has to pay a £56 fine to the Delhi Health Department:

image.jpg

Glad to see he's taking it well!
    "Well, I made this pan malalah ad, so I guess I should try the damn stuff and see if it's that bad.

Ugh."

I watched them back in 1994-1995 after it was announced that he was Bond, but before Goldeneye came out. I remember liking them and feeling 007 was in good hands.
    Think I once saw the sequel to Death Train (aka Detonator) - Night Watch. Come to think of it, I might have it on DVD! Worth checking out the first one?
    JET007 wrote: »
    I watched them back in 1994-1995 after it was announced that he was Bond, but before Goldeneye came out. I remember liking them and feeling 007 was in good hands.
    And so he was. ;)
    And so he was. ;)

giphy.gif
    00Agent wrote: »
    And so he was. ;)
    giphy.gif
    Suave and deadly. We found our man alright.

xTiTnIZA7825uqzOBW.gif
    giphy.gif
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,241
    Pierce Brosnan, GIF king!
    s-l1600.jpg

Forgot I had this poster up from the video store until I got a proper one from Goldeneye!

Love those images above everybody!
    Is he wearing Sean's NSNA watch?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 727
    Anyone notice the Brosnan films are very anti-CIA? There are pot shots taken at the CIA all throughout his tenure. Much more than the Craig films. Which were more in line with Connery and Moore at treating them as respectful allies. It was also the only tenure without Felix Leiter.

I am too young to know this. But one wonders if there was a rift between UK and US in the 90's that was reversed after Tony Blair Brown nosed Bush.

It's also the only tenure with respectful friendliness towards Russia. I suspect that's gonna change again for the next Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Anyone notice the Brosnan films are very anti-CIA? There are pot shots taken at the CIA all throughout his tenure. Much more than the Craig films. Which were more in line with Connery and Moore at treating them as respectful allies. It was also the only tenure without Felix Leiter.

I am too young to know this. But one wonders if there was a rift between UK and US in the 90's that was reversed after Tony Blair Brown nosed Bush.
    Good catch. That is true actually. Not sure why.

From what I remember, Blair was up Clinton's ### too, so the 'special relationship' was alive and well in the 90s.
    Jack Wade was a walking buffoon. Compared to Felix who was always cool, even if he played second fiddle in competency to Bond.
    I always thought Jack Wade made Sheriff JW Pepper look like 007 himself.