The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Caught up with The Foreigner on Netflix at the weekend and gosh, it really is a great performance by Bros. 'Charming but evil' always works for him. Thanks for all the recommendations!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Yeah, he's seriously great in this film!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    According to Minnie Driver, Spinning Man will come out in April.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    "Oh Minnie, what would i do without you."
    00Agent wrote: »
    "Oh Minnie, what would i do without you."
    He'd obviously strangle another cat.
    I think Pierce Brosnahan was best Bond but Rodger More was better although neither can match Bronson was Bond!!!!1111
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I think Pierce Brosnahan was best Bond but Rodger More was better although neither can match Bronson was Bond!!!!1111
    "What's the matter with your voice, Bert? Got a cold?"

WTF ?!

Anybody got an interpreter spare ?

edited January 2018 Posts: 5,185
    barryt007 wrote: »

WTF ?!

Let me try and translate. I think @mattjoes was trying to say that Pierce is the coolest and most suave actor of his Generation and a living legend, which i wholeheartedly agree with. At least thats what i got from it.

WTF ?!

Let me try and translate. I think @mattjoes was trying to say that Pierce is the coolest and most suave actor of his Generation and a living legend, which i wholeheartedly agree with. At least thats what i got from it.

Bravo !!
    You are now the forum's official interpreter for drunken and weirdly speaking members.
    We must get you to translate @M_Balje .

WTF ?!

Bravo !!
    You are now the forum's official interpreter for drunken and weirdly speaking members.

Usually i would say 'one rises to meet a challange' but i'm afraid M_Baljes unique language is way beyond my competence.

WTF ?!

Bravo !!

Usually i would say 'one rises to meet a challange' but i'm afraid M_Baljes unique language is way beyond my competence.

I thought it might be hahaha !

Eh, I just felt like writing that! The idea came from something I've noticed in a few other forums, such as the IMDb's (now gone, of course). For some reason there's always someone who mispells Brosnan as 'Bronson' and Roger Moore as 'Rodger More.' I don't get it. It's not that hard to get right. There are probably some 'Shaun Connerys' out there as well.

WTF ?!

I approve this translation.
    Pierce looking badass.

19554691_10155141740932091_3067810921386782696_n.jpg?oh=74dd4dd5899d95e7bcaed8f93b0989c3&oe=5ADED018
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I didn t know he was a triplet.
    I didn t know he was a triplet.
    Now you see him, now you don't, now you see him...

...Well... you get the drill. ;)
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 11,189
    Pierce looking badass.

19554691_10155141740932091_3067810921386782696_n.jpg?oh=74dd4dd5899d95e7bcaed8f93b0989c3&oe=5ADED018

I'm sure he's double-checked that bag for any rogue knives this time.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    Pierce looking badass.
    I'm sure he's double-checked that bag for any rogue knives this time.
    Could very well be. This time. :))
    I went for a walk today and The Man himself passed me by on his bicycle! I waved, he waved back, and that was it, but I was thrilled to see him in person, even if it was fleeting!
    JET007 wrote: »
    I went for a walk today and The Man himself passed me by on his bicycle! I waved, he waved back, and that was it, but I was thrilled to see him in person, even if it was fleeting!

Nice!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very cool! Should've tackled him off the bike and kindly requested an autograph.
    I imagine Pierce is pretty cool when encountering his fans.

I wonder if he ever gets asked to say his iconic line: "Then maybe you shouldn't be LIVING HEEEEEEEEEEEERE!" ?
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 15,818
    double post
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I wonder if he ever gets asked to say his iconic line: "Then maybe you shouldn't be LIVING HEEEEEEEEEEEERE!" ?

I certainly hope so. Would love getting the chance to meet the man one day, would be horrible to find out he's rude in real life.
    You are now officially a Disciple of Brosnan. Congratulations!
    Merry Brosmas comes more than once a year.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I certainly hope so. Would love getting the chance to meet the man one day, would be horrible to find out he's rude in real life.

I've not heard any bad things about him.
    I think he would be a lot more approachable than a few other Bonds.

Wow what a moment for you,and he waved back too !!
    Brilliant stuff !
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @barryt007 , good point about being approachable.

I think he would be friendly enough, as would Roger and I reckon Tim as well.

I'm not so sure about the others. George, I believe, would speak to you if you paid him.
    A decade ago or so, Pierce wouldn't talk to anyone, especially about Bond. It was until around the time Skyfall came out that he let go of the grudge he had with the Bond world and has been easier to approach since then. I remember reading a lot of articles when Pierce dismissed many people and happened to break a paparazzi camera once, if memory serves.
    A decade ago or so, Pierce wouldn't talk to anyone, especially about Bond. It was until around the time Skyfall came out that he let go of the grudge he had with the Bond world and has been easier to approach since then. I remember reading a lot of articles when Pierce dismissed many people and happened to break a paparazzi camera once, if memory serves.

And good for him. Paparazzis are the lowest form of life.
    Hope i get to meet him one Day too.