The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    00Agent wrote: »
    A decade ago or so, Pierce wouldn't talk to anyone, especially about Bond. It was until around the time Skyfall came out that he let go of the grudge he had with the Bond world and has been easier to approach since then. I remember reading a lot of articles when Pierce dismissed many people and happened to break a paparazzi camera once, if memory serves.

And good for him. Paparazzis are the lowest form of life.
    Hope i get to meet him one Day too.
    Of course. Paparazzis have to be treated that way like many journalists nowadays who have no capacity of respect left to generate towards. They harass people and sell fake topics just for money.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    A decade ago or so, Pierce wouldn't talk to anyone, especially about Bond. It was until around the time Skyfall came out that he let go of the grudge he had with the Bond world and has been easier to approach since then. I remember reading a lot of articles when Pierce dismissed many people and happened to break a paparazzi camera once, if memory serves.

Of course. Paparazzis have to be treated that way like many journalists nowadays who have no capacity of respect left to generate towards. They harass people and sell fake topics just for money.

True, a lot of them seem to be getting desperate.
    I hope the field clears itself out eventually.

True, a lot of them seem to be getting desperate.
    I hope the field clears itself out eventually.

Hugh Grant was seriously stalked after 4 Weddings and the Brown situation.
    OK he made a mistake but the way they pursued him was disgusting.

My fiancé knows someone who’s working on the The Son with Pierce and says he’s down to earth and a gentleman, opening doors for crew to walk through. Her acquaintance said the only reason they came back was Brosnan was such a good dude to work alongside.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited February 2018 Posts: 6,733
    He seems like a stand-up fellow.

If you haven't read this hilarious account of someone that met Brosnan, I invite you to do so:
    theincrediblesuit.blogspot.com/2012/09/when-incredible-suit-met-james-bond.html

(hope I didn't post it before)
    Haha that was hilarious :))
    Thanks for sharing @mattjoes

Respect to the guy for pulling this off despite being nervous as hell, i know that feeling.

I hope i'll get the chance to meet Pierce one Day, and now i have an idea what i would do in that Situation (and NOT do)
    mattjoes wrote: »

I have been working in sales for the last 3 years so i like to think that i have aquired enough communicational skills to master such a situation...

My training will tell me that when the adrenalin kicks in i should compensate, but part of me is not gonna believe the training because this one is personal...
    So i should take a deep breath, i only need one shot, i should make it count...

i will probably end up jumping at him and screaming "Hey Pierce, you and i had a mutual friend!"
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    OK, my nightmare scenario:

I have the good luck to run into Pierce. Obviously we get on like a house on fire, and, having politely asked permission, I hand my phone to a third party to take a photo of us. Third party holds up my phone to reveal...

mwo,500x,iphone_5_snap-pad,600x1000,ffffff.lite-1u1.jpg
    Lol i think if Sean was highlighted instead, he would probably agree with you @Agent_99

Here's how my conversation with Brosnan would go:

A:"Hey Pierce, you and i had a mutual friend!"
    B:"And who are you?"
    A:"You dated my room mate in Zurich, remember?!"
    B:"... Paris?!"
    A:"No dude, Zurich, i just told you."
    B:"What the hell is this?"
    A:"You can trust me, i'm a Swiss Banker..."
    B:"Please leave me alone or i call the Police."
    A:"...and i am giving you the opportunity to walk out with your life."

I'm assuming he would probably kick my ass after that, which is even cooler than just a selfie :))
    Hahaha, @00Agent. You should do that! :))
    Embark on a quest to get your ass kicked by each Bond actor. Then auction your ass off.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 11,189
    Lol i think if Sean was highlighted instead, he would probably agree with you @Agent_99

Here's how my conversation with Brosnan would go:

A:"Hey Pierce, you and i had a mutual friend!"
    B:"And who are you?"
    A:"You dated my room mate in Zurich, remember?!"
    B:"... Paris?!"
    A:"No dude, Zurich, i just told you."
    B:"What the hell is this?"
    A:"You can trust me, i'm a Swiss Banker..."
    B:"Please leave me alone or i call the Police."
    A:"...and i am giving you the opportunity to walk out with your life."

I'm assuming he would probably kick my ass after that, which is even cooler than just a selfie :))

That’s great

I’d just tell him I worshipped GoldenEye growing up and watched it so many times I have memorized every single line of dialogue. All the while wearing the mask featured in the profile pic.

It would be like Alan Partridge.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Were you expecting someone else?
    wGSmGAml.jpg
    Top marks, @Murdock!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    @Murdock, is that a Nightfire set in the background?
    Embark on a quest to get your ass kicked by each Bond actor. Then auction your ass off.

In the end someone's gonna have my ass.
    "First things first."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'd say Sir Sean would kick you so hard, you might get the bonus of a
    Souvenir shoe to take home ! ;-)
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    @Murdock, is that a Nightfire set in the background?

Actually it's the Wikileaks HQ but it looks like something out of a Connery or Moore Bond film. :D

5692137.jpg?size=640x420
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited February 2018 Posts: 6,788
    Looked to me like the penultimate NF level :D
    Now that you mention it, it does doesn't it? :D
    Murdock wrote: »
    wGSmGAml.jpg
    Your terrific Brosnan images make me want to come up with hypothetical titles, stories, actors, directors and crewmembers!
    wGSmGAml.jpg
    Your terrific Brosnan images make me want to come up with hypothetical titles, stories, actors, directors and crewmembers!
    I want a membership card to that club!
    wGSmGAml.jpg

The Brotherhood of Brozzas.

Bond is send on a mission to investigate a new emerging Terrorist group, called 'The Brotherhood' and after meeting them, finds out that it's really a group of crazy fanatic Brosnan fanboys from MI6 Community who are stalking him night and day.
    They devised a fake terrorist plot just so they could meet their biggest Idol.

Bond of course kills them all in the end, in some cool creative ways, just to throw out some casual one liners.
    After that some top models emerge out of nowhere and they all have sex.

You can send the Oscar(s) to my home adress, Thank you.

Thank you. :D

I want a membership card to that club!
    Granted. ;)

wGSmGAml.jpg

Bond is send on a mission to investigate a new emerging Terrorist group, called 'The Brotherhood' and after meeting them, finds out that it's really a group of crazy fanatic Brosnan fanboys from MI6 Community who are stalking him night and day.

Bond of course kills them all in the end, in some cool creative ways, just to throw out some casual one liners.

"The duplicate accounts, the missing posts, the fire at my house, the knife incident at the airport... it's one organization coordinating multiple attacks."
    wGSmGAml.jpg

"The duplicate accounts, the missing posts, the fire at my house, the knife incident at the airport... it's one organization coordinating multiple attacks."

They are everywheeeeeere.
    You're a kite dancing in a hurricane Mr. Brosnan
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Spinning Man arrives on VOD and select theaters April 6th:

spinningmanposter.jpg
    edited February 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Memento II

Looks very good. Could be another stand out performance from good ol Pierce after The Foreigner.
    Oh very good!