The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

I'm watching 'The November Man' for the `1st time that i recorded and ,bloody hell,Pierce looks good in this ,only 4 years ago !!!!

Given the material and the chance he should have done done 2-3 more Bonds.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He should have, yes.
    He should have, yes.

I honestly think he matured in DAD and ,given a chance would have been excellent in his next film,as Dalton would have been in his third.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Having an extremely good viewing of TWINE at the moment. I've always enjoyed it but it might actually beat TND in my ranking after this. I love both films. Pretty much everything about TWINE is underrated. Brosnan, the villains, the locations, the action, the score, and even the cinematography looks very vibrant this time. 9/10 for both films. Again, pure nostalgia.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    He should have, yes.
    I honestly think he matured in DAD and ,given a chance would have been excellent in his next film,as Dalton would have been in his third.
    Couldn't agree more, Barry.
    Remington wrote: »
    Having an extremely good viewing of TWINE at the moment. I've always enjoyed it but it might actually beat TND in my ranking after this. I love both films. Pretty much everything about TWINE is underrated. Brosnan, the villains, the locations, the action, the score, and even the cinematography looks very vibrant this time. 9/10 for both films. Again, pure nostalgia.

Cant argue with that,i'm in the minority but i like TWINE ,its always about #9-12 in my rankings..glad to hear you like it @Remington ...and the caviar factory is a great scene.
    He should have, yes.

The film though is shit.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    He should have, yes.

The film though is shit.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f73365537584c4957782d774878413d3d2d3433363636333736362e313463656564363061626634646532353536343632333335373737302e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720
    Hahaha i mean 'The November Man ' is shit ,but Pierce is good...still the pain face though.
    still the pain face though.
    tumblr_inline_nk8qbm8aI41qf49jl.gif

Mr. Barry, I'm having fun with my gifs.

In all seriousness, I don't November is bad, but among the recent Brosnan efforts, it's definitely not as good as, say, No Escape and The Foreigner. Damned good films.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    still the pain face though.
    tumblr_inline_nk8qbm8aI41qf49jl.gif

Mr. Barry, I'm having fun with my gifs.

In all seriousness, I don't November is bad, but among the recent Brosnan efforts, it's definitely not as good as, say, No Escape and The Foreigner. Damned good films.

Hahaha i like your style Matt !!
    And I dig yours, Barry!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Remington wrote: »

Cant argue with that,i'm in the minority but i like TWINE ,its always about #9-12 in my rankings..glad to hear you like it @Remington ...and the caviar factory is a great scene.

TWINE is where my film obsession started, it will always be one of my favourite films.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Now that Brosnan wrapped filming the second season of The Son, he announced he's going to Venice now, and filming Across The River and Into The Trees will begin soon with Martin Campbell directing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Now that Brosnan wrapped filming the second season of The Son, he announced he's going to Venice now, and filming Across The River and Into The Trees will begin soon with Martin Campbell directing.

Any idea how many seasons they have planned for this show? I still want to check it out, but I worry it'll get canceled and I hate starting up shows without a definitive end.
    Great news.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Any idea how many seasons they have planned for this show? I still want to check it out, but I worry it'll get canceled and I hate starting up shows without a definitive end.
    They adapted the whole book for the first season, I believe, and the second season featuring original storyline (addition to the given material). So, no idea how many seasons are they planning. I think this is the last one, since a 1980s setting will also be featured and whatnot.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 11,189
    DELETED
  • LFSLFS
    Pierce Brosnan is probably my least favorite Bond, but he was still underserved.

"GoldenEye" was obviously his best (and only good) film, but his performance was his weakest.
    I´ve always felt that he gradually got better with each film while everything around him got worse and worse.

"Die Another Day" is, in my opinion, his best performance; he seems to have given up on hoping the scripts would improve and just said: OK, let´s roll with it... he´s enjoying himself in this batshit crazy surrounding.

It was wrong of Barbara Broccoli to basically fire him - her father would never have done something like that.
    Brosnan absolutely deserved one last, one good, outing in 2004. Nobody deserves to go out with "I´m so good!" - "Especially when you´re bad... ".
    It wAs probably best decision ever! Brossa, though popular with the masses, was sucking the life out of the character!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    It wAs probably best decision ever! Brossa, though popular with the masses, was sucking the life out of the character!
    That's your opinion, sir. Purely subjective.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

giphy.gif
    Murdock wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    And that's putting it mildly. ;)
    Isabella Rossellini and María Valverde are also part of the cast of Across the River and Into the Trees. The film will shoot in Navarra, Spain in early June.
    I wonder whatever happened to H-Block and The Medusa. Very likely that both of those film projects died down along with the sequel to The November Man and Last Man Out.
    They are probably dead, but who knows? Maybe they'll come back at a later date. It's the nature of filmmaking: financing falls apart, people come and go, agreements can't be reached. And then, one day, the planets align. Maybe.

And what about The King's Daughter? That film is actually finished.
    Yes, The King's Daughter is finished with editing and everything. Filming concluded four years ago. Imagine that. Personally, I think it's wrong for a film like that to experience a limited release and come out on video-on-demand. They should show the film to a large distributing studios and make it whole, again. But, the problem is... with all these money-making superhero movies coming out, a film like The King's Daughter will have to find a strategic way of advertising and a convenient release date to be a success. Heck, I even doubt they'll come out in the next two years. Same goes for Olga Kurylenko's Empires of the Deep which is of the same genre (shot in 2010, still unreleased as of today).
    Paramount had the US distribution rights for The King's Daughter but dumped them. I don't think the film will ever get a wide release; it doesn't seem like a big enough project and as you say, it's hard to compete with those massive blockbusters (and we all know the market for mid-budget films has sadly declined over the years-- shame, because probably many of my favorite films would fall in that category). But even with the film's limited commercial prospects, I don't understand why it has yet to receive at least a limited release.

I didn't know about that Kurylenko film. Very interesting. Wikipedia says it's a vanity project of a Chinese billionaire. Explains the protracted, complicated production and still-unreleased status.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Reuniting Pierce and Minnie 'strangling the cat' Driver.

Always liked Guy Pearce as well.