Moderating the forum

Comments

I am a sweet pussy
    Benny wrote: »
    MI6 Community is a dedicated fraternity whose strength lies in the absolute integrity of it's members.

6,562 posts. Our expectations were considerably... higher, Benny. Are you quite sure all posts have been accounted for by yourself?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Cats, dogs, what is going on with this place?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I have 1720 pozts.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Does pussy galore count as a swear?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Does pussy galore count as a swear?
    FLAGGED.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Flagged...as approval?
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    mattjoes wrote: »
    MI6 Community is a dedicated fraternity whose strength lies in the absolute integrity of it's members.

6,562 posts. Our expectations were considerably... higher, Benny. Are you quite sure all posts have been accounted for by yourself?

Competition from Latin American Bond fan websites. Member numbers are down.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Brilliant! :))
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited August 2017 Posts: 7,948

On the contrary, The mods have satisfied themselves that one of you is clearly guilty of embezzlement. MI6 community's a dedicated fraternity whose strength lies in the absolute integrity of its members. The culprit is known to the mods. They have decided on the appropriate action.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bandwidth isn't as valuable to the organization as knowing who to flag.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    "Let his Flag be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have moderated several sites one had hundreds of people, not a easy task it's ongoing. I think the staff on here do a great job
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I've never been a Mod, but I'm happy to see they've worked out their differences
    with the Rockers, and are free to live a life of religions fulfilment.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well, it's been fun and your feedback (I mean thanks @Thunderpussy ;) ) has been much appreciated.
    Just so we don't lose sight of the original intention of the thread I will close it, but leave the notice pinned up for all to stare at with awe and wonder.
    Hi all.
    In a recent turn of events the mods decided that an outright ban was necessary for a particular member, and as a result of that we have received criticism from some quarters for the action we took.

From what I can gather the criticism is that we have allowed some members who some of you consider worthy of an outright ban of being allowed to continue to participate in these forums, whilst others have been banned without any feedback from members.

Now, firstly I must reiterate that moderating is not an exact science and often the mods will disagree on certain actions taken. On occasion this has led to a reversal of a decision made by an individual mod. But there will always be inconsistencies. For that I apologise. But, it will happen.

Secondly, despite some flippant comments on the main forum between myself and Benny about a banned member we do not take the decision to ban a member lightly. If someone is banned without the standard three warnings it will be because of information we may have that isn't immediately obvious to other members.

Another recent example has been that a member has asked us to ban him as he simply wishes to break away from the group for very personal reasons. He felt this was the quickest and easiest way to disentangle himself and not be able to return whenever he feels like it. If he asks to come back the ban will be removed..maybe.

As for the criticism recently levelled at the mods can I say that if we receive a flagged comment and the member who flagged demands that we ban the individual, well we do not take these demands with good grace. It is for the mods to decide on the appropriate action. We can not warn or ban a member for simply disagreeing with other members' opinions. If they are being deliberately inflammatory then we will take action. And if we do, please remember that this will be a private message. Often we have taken action without the membership being aware.

Sorry for the rambling post. I will leave this post open for feedback for a day or two.

Thanks
    Nic
    Sounds fair to me Nackers.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Barry? You are priceless with your analysis! Lol!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

He he I know.... ;)

Cuts to the chase doesn't he? :)
    NicNac wrote: »

Cuts to the chase doesn't he? :)

He is certainly cutting somewhere sensitive! Lol!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited November 2017 Posts: 9,117
    I think you allowed Rasputin more than enough rope to hang himself and he was given ample opportunity to reform.

I think his brief and undistinguished tenure was well handled by all. Good work mods (not something I ever thought I would type).
    Well Nic, for me this member was and is deliberately inflammatory. All the time. Hence I didn't consider it a terrible deed to ask for it.
    Hey, I am really not sure if this is the right thread for this...but...are the posts from the previous forum (KTBEU) available to read somewhere? I'd like to see how I ranked the bond movies when I first joined that forum and how it has changed from then till now
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Hey, I am really not sure if this is the right thread for this...but...are the posts from the previous forum (KTBEU) available to read somewhere? I'd like to see how I ranked the bond movies when I first joined that forum and how it has changed from then till now

@dragonsky The only way to view anything from KTBEU is with the Internet Wayback Machine. It didn't archive much, seems it's mostly snapshots of just the front page, but with some digging you might find something.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://mi6forums.com/*
    As I understand it @dragonsky those files are gone and can't be accessed. Unless you follow @BMW_with_missiles suggestions above.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 17,728
    I believe that @barryt007 copied some of the threads over just before the move from KTBEU to MI6 Community was completed.

I'm sure Barry could confirm what he brought over. It would be listed in his topics list. I suppose that wouldn't have the old posts though, just the topic and OP itself?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I think you allowed Rasputin more than enough rope to hang himself and he was given ample opportunity to reform.

I think his brief and undistinguished tenure was well handled by all. Good work mods (not something I ever thought I would type).

What did he do????
    suavejmf wrote: »

What did he do????

General trolling and an eerily accurate portrayal of his namesake, the original Mad Monk.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Didn't he originally register under a different name and made a scene in the Pierce Brosnan Thread by berating everybody who disagreed with him? Seemed one and the same.
This discussion has been closed.