No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Strog wrote: »
    Also, DC wants Monica Bellucci back in the next film to have a fuller, longer role.
    I doubt this enormously, and I've never considered it before now, but seeing as how we're bound to get continuity in some fashion with B25, I'd actually really like to have Bellucci back as the main girl. Way preferable to bringing back Madeline. It might not right the wrong of her all-to-brief appearance in SP, but it's a start.

Call me a sexist dinosaur, but I really would like them to stay away from any women that has got a 4 at her first number, let alone a 5!
    Murdock wrote: »
    With this most likely being Craig's last Bond film, I'd like to see him in Black combat fatigues like what Bond wore in the PTS of TLD and GE.

I like to see Craig wearing stuff, that his immediate predecessors didn't wear before (I don't mind Humphrey Bogart though ;-) )...and that reflects the current fashion trends. Craig's winter wardrobe in Austria was marvellous.

I gather you're talking about the one that made him look like one of the seven dwarfs when he walks to the clinic? Yeah, that truly looked imposing!
    Also, DC wants Monica Bellucci back in the next film to have a fuller, longer role.
    I doubt this enormously, and I've never considered it before now, but seeing as how we're bound to get continuity in some fashion with B25, I'd actually really like to have Bellucci back as the main girl. Way preferable to bringing back Madeline. It might not right the wrong of her all-to-brief appearance in SP, but it's a start.

Call me a sexist dinosaur, but I really would like them to stay away from any women that has got a 4 at her first number, let alone a 5!

What about a 6? Or indeed a 5? Lotte Lenya-style? Or Ilse Steppat-esque actress? We can easily transform Bellucci in such a woman :-).

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

What about a 6? Or indeed a 5? Lotte Lenya-style? Or Ilse Steppat-esque actress? We can easily transform Bellucci in such a woman :-).
    I sincerely hope you're joking.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 4,619
    I want some of the stuff you are smoking, @Gustav_Graves! [laughing smiley face*]

*what happened to that emoticon panel you could select emoticons from, btw?
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,138

I am 36, I wouldn't care if Bellucci was 60 I would still rather her than a women half her age, she is stunning.

look at Billy Joels ex Christine Brinkley she is 63 and still drop dead gorgeous https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4d/a2/db/4da2db86df819535d352ceedd4362071--christie-brinkley-hair-.jpg
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I want some of the stuff you are smoking, @Gustav_Graves! [laughing smiley face*]

*what happened to that emoticon panel you could select emoticons from, btw?

Not sure. You can do them yourself I think :)) colon bracket bracket
    What about Sylvia Hoeks or Tilda Swinton playing Irma Bunt?
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423

I am 36, I wouldn't care if Bellucci was 60 I would still rather her than a women half her age, she is stunning.

look at Billy Joels ex Christine Brinkley she is 63 and still drop dead gorgeous https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4d/a2/db/4da2db86df819535d352ceedd4362071--christie-brinkley-hair-.jpg
    It's not the 60 year old Monica being the Bond Girl that I mind, I don't. It's Gustav's suggestion of transforming her to Irma Bunt/Rosa Klebb style of a woman that I find dismal (or in his words, "grotesque"). Bellucci's main appeal in the majority of the films she appears in is her looks and sexuality. I'm sure it's not because of her acting mainly, as she isn't the Meryl Streep type by a wide margin. She's there to attract the eyes of those who love females, that is a factual statement, whichever genre the film may be.

Want Rosa Klebb/Irma Bunt? There's Tilda Swinton for that. Not Monica Bellucci.

It's not the 60 year old Monica being the Bond Girl that I mind, I don't. It's Gustav's suggestion of transforming her to Irma Bunt/Rosa Klebb style of a woman that I find dismal (or in his words, "grotesque"). Bellucci's main appeal in the majority of the films she appears in is her looks and sexuality. I'm sure it's not because of her acting mainly, as she isn't the Meryl Streep type by a wide margin. She's there to attract the eyes of those who love females, that is a factual statement, whichever genre the film may be.

Want Rosa Klebb/Irma Bunt? There's Tilda Swinton for that. Not Monica Bellucci.

I have to agree with that.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Not only does Bellucci look great but she has presence and class and upstages many other actors. It was great having her (too briefly) in SP. Good and enjoyable casting. It helped lift the movie above the mundane.

For my money it always works best when Bond is with a woman of similar or more believable age. Craig looked more plausible with Bellucci than he did with Seydoux. A younger actress is fine with a younger Bond but as the lead actor ages so should his leading women.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 1,162
    Getafix wrote: »
    Not only does Bellucci look great but she has presence and class and upstages many other actors. It was great having her (too briefly) in SP. Good and enjoyable casting. It helped lift the movie above the mundane.

For my money it always works best when Bond is with a woman of similar or more believable age. Craig looked more plausible with Bellucci than he did with Seydoux. A younger actress is fine with a younger Bond but as the lead actor ages so should his leading women.

I would rather prefer if they would solve the problem the other way around. Meaning a younger bond, not older woman.
    You people also might consider that EON should give the youngsters something to dream about as well. And don't tell me they have to hots for MB, they don't.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited October 2017 Posts: 6,477

I agree. She doesn't have the greatest range (despite some good performances through the years), but boy, the woman commands your attention when she is onscreen. She's just got something other than her looks that makes you want to keep your eyes on her. Perhaps it's a 50s, 60s femme fatale vibe.

I agree. She doesn't have the greatest range (despite some good performances through the years), but boy, the woman commands your attention when she is onscreen. She's just got something other than her looks that makes you want to keep your eyes on her. Perhaps it's a 50s, 60s femme fatale vibe.

She is a MILF,plane and simple ;)
    edited October 2017 Posts: 2,138
    Cristoph Waltz "iv'e worked with a director - i'm afraid you've seen the movie where I was baffled about the ignorance on every level. He's a lovely guy, but he should do something else."

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/246227/christoph-waltz-good-mood-humorous-sparks-fly

Craig and Mendes apparently clashed creatively during Spectre to the point where their relationship disintegrated. Mendes was very quick after Spectre to say no more, and whatever happened on Spectre left a bad taste in Craig's mouth. I wonder if Waltz is referring to Mendes.
    Cristoph Waltz "iv'e worked with a director - i'm afraid you've seen the movie where I was baffled about the ignorance on every level. He's a lovely guy, but he should do something else."

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/246227/christoph-waltz-good-mood-humorous-sparks-fly

Craig and Mendes apparently clashed creatively during Spectre to the point where their relationship disintegrated. Mendes was very quick after Spectre to say no more, and whatever happened on Spectre left a bad taste in Craig's mouth. I wonder if Waltz is referring to Mendes.

Sounds like an apt description, if you ask me.

I think he is. It's also been reported Waltz clashed with Mendes as well.

Waltz could have been a really good Blofeld, but the material wasn't much to work with. The best of his performance was the selected moments from the trailer. If he returns, I sincerely hope the material allows moments of his best acting. Same goes for Craig.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I think he is. It's also been reported Waltz clashed with Mendes as well.

Mendes,it seems,didnt do SP any favours..no wonder its so messy in places,if all this background hostility was going on.

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 3,126
    Waltz could have been a really good Blofeld, but the material wasn't much to work with. The best of his performance was the selected moments from the trailer. If he returns, I sincerely hope the material allows moments of his best acting. Same goes for Craig.

For me the glaring problem is Blofeld doesn't have a great plan or diabolical scheme which drives him (and the plot) - and therefore gives the actor something to get his teeth into. I do like SP, but this flaw is a big one. Fleming always made sure his villains had strong and ambitious plans which ramped up the drama and excitement - even Blofeld in DAF had his diamond-powered laser pointed at the world.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Not only that but apparently they want cars that turn into subs (done before of course),spacecraft and interstellar travel,and Monica Belluci to come back...blimey.

Has to be Mendes. Tho this does make me happier that we won’t get Mendes most likely
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Let's do something FUN. Name five potential actresses that could or should be playing the famous S.P.E.C.T.R.E.-villainess Irma Bunt :-). Accompanied by some very suitable pictures that could represent a re-imagined looks of Irma Bunt:

Tilda Swinton (won 1 Oscar):
    tilda-swinton-blackbook-photos-cover-chanel.jpg

Sylvia Hoeks (won 1 Golden Calf):
    ?appId=f215d2ebdcdad4aa3dc78550c5970d02&quality=0.90

Julianne Moore (won 1 Oscar):
    ff1142af9ff471a2fb4225b9bd07d1f5.jpg

Meryl Streep (won 3 Oscars):
    miranda-1.jpg

Cate Blanchett (won 2 Oscars):
    Lady-Tremaine-cinderella-2015-38263789-385-500.jpg

Now I give you all a task. Please rank these 5 actresses in TOP 5 order: Who could be the best Irma.

For me the glaring problem is Blofeld doesn't have a great plan or diabolical scheme which drives him (and the plot) - and therefore gives the actor something to get his teeth into. I do like SP, but this flaw is a big one. Fleming always made sure his villains had strong and ambitious plans which ramped up the drama and excitement - even Blofeld in DAF had his diamond-powered laser pointed at the world.

True. Blofeld should always have a diabolical plan/scheme, as he's a criminal mastermind after all. As for DAF-Blofeld, I think Charles Gray was fine. Could see him as a more serious Blofeld too, hadn't the film been so camp.
    1.Blanchett
    2.Swinton
    3.Shoek
    4.Moore
    5.Streep

True. Blofeld should always have a diabolical plan/scheme, as he's a criminal mastermind after all. As for DAF-Blofeld, I think Charles Gray was fine. Could see him as a more serious Blofeld too, hadn't the film been so camp.

Charles Gray is very creepy and threatening in The Devil Rides Out, so he could most definitely have played Blofeld with a nastier edge, but I still enjoy his performance. Telly remains the best in OHMSS.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 15,567
    barryt007 wrote: »
    1.Blanchett
    2.Swinton
    3.Shoek
    4.Moore
    5.Streep

My list as well. Moore perhaps not a big candidate, as she stars in Kingsman: The Golden Circle? That being said, Blanchett/Swinton should be the only two considered, in my opinion.
    Charles Gray is very creepy and threatening in The Devil Rides Out, so he could most definitely have played Blofeld with a nastier edge, but I still enjoy his performance. Telly remains the best in OHMSS.
    Never seen that one. Will have to check it out. The Savalas-Blofeld was the performance I hoped and expected to see in SP.

You just beat me to it,i was going to say that,he is seriously scary in that film.

barryt007 wrote: »
    1.Blanchett
    2.Swinton
    3.Shoek
    4.Moore
    5.Streep

My list as well. Moore perhaps not a big candidate, as she stars in Kingsman: The Golden Circle? That being said, Blanchett/Swinton should be the only two considered, in my opinion.

Agreed for sure.
    That already says a lot about Mendes’ way of directing. He gave his spin in Skyfall And already said then that he didn’t have anything else to give Bond. They should’ve dropped it there. Spectre was the moment of truth. His possibilities of returning are very close to nil.

Hope the producers find the director the actors know they’re alright with and the script to be in a good shape so the director, whoever he is, measures it up with a vision and has them tailored to the cast’s strengths.