No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Sorry, double-post, I mean I don't know any editor who doesn't wish the schedules were longer these days.

I rarely work with an editor who is not thoroughly pissed off for most of the day! I was working with a bloke the other week who's got a whole automated system rigged in his house, for his dog, which he controls from his phone - because his working days can be 18-20 hrs.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Sorry, double-post, I mean I don't know any editor who doesn't wish the schedules were longer these days.

I rarely work with an editor who is not thoroughly pissed off for most of the day! I was working with a bloke the other week who's got a whole automated system rigged in his house, for his dog, which he controls from his phone - because his working days can be 18-20 hrs.

Yes, it's really tough on editors (both picture and sound) these days. And as you know, the shooting schedules are squeezed so tight as well now, at least in TV and independent or modest budgeted films. At least Bond has the money to buy the time for a suitable pre-production and shoot.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Blofeld is coming back people. The Craig bond films have never been stand alone.
    For the umpteenth time: Bond 25 could easily be a continuation of Spectre and NOT feature Blofeld at all at the same time.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Blofeld is coming back people. The Craig bond films have never been stand alone.
    For the umpteenth time: Bond 25 could easily be a continuation of Spectre and NOT feature Blofeld at all at the same time.

True, but it probably won't.

Of course but the chances of that are slim to none.

They would want Waltz/Blofeld back.
    Blofeld is coming back people. The Craig bond films have never been stand alone. Even Skyfall wasn't stand alone after the fact.

Bond 25 will continue the Spectre Blofeld storyline and with production starting in May I can see this being a close to 3 hour Bond film to finish the story.

That means a 250 million budget. It will be a big risk, but you might be right.

I excpect the budget to be no less than 225 million
    Blofeld is coming back people. The Craig bond films have never been stand alone. Even Skyfall wasn't stand alone after the fact.

Bond 25 will continue the Spectre Blofeld storyline and with production starting in May I can see this being a close to 3 hour Bond film to finish the story.

Okay, you want a HUGE extravangant movie featuring Blofeld as the main villain again.
    That's not what you will get. Expect a movie far smaller than Spectre.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    No Blofeld and Bond working with a single mother? Haha... This must be a false rumour based on the idea of Annapurna getting their hand in the Bond cake. :))
  • RC7RC7
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    If the Denis Villeneuve bit is true, hopefully it means we'll get him down the line for a post-B25 film.

Okay, you want a HUGE extravangant movie featuring Blofeld as the main villain again.
    That's not what you will get. Expect a movie far smaller than Spectre.

Yea sorry I disagree. Craigs last film is gonna get a big budget
    Mark my words, the day will come when even the most ardent Blofeld fanboy will have to admit that Blofeld won't appear in Bond 25.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

That means a 250 million budget. It will be a big risk, but you might be
    RC7 wrote: »

@RC7 Oh ok just making sure
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mark my words, the day will come when even the most ardent Blofeld fanboy will have to admit that Blofeld won't appear in Bond 25.

And yet for months and months after SP was released, everyone was so confident that we'd get him, Swann, and co. back once more. Pardon my ignorance, but why is this a "given" now?

It won't be a question of admitting anything. Either Blofeld is in or he's not. We will find out for sure soon enough. I think the argument that he will appear is logical and pretty strong, but you could be right. Time will tell.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    And yet for months and months after SP was released, everyone was so confident that we'd get him, Swann, and co. back once more. Pardon my ignorance, but why is this a "given" now?
    Nothing is a given at this stage. All I'm saying is that bringing Blofeld back now would make about as much sense as making a direct sequel to DAD in 2006. As for Swann, I am predicting that she will be back.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I remember once a few people here said they merely bought the rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld and they were not going to use them in the then-unnamed Bond 24. The same people who always insist on their ideas (with no facts but supposed "instincts", perhaps) to be intact and factual, yet the opposite happens. We'll see, won't we?
    It won't be a question of admitting anything.
    It probably will be since EON won't announce "Blofeld won't return". The cast will be announced, Waltz won't be on the cast list, and Blofeld fanboys will continue hoping for a couple of months that EON is simply keeping Blofeld's return a secret.
  • RC7RC7

He may, he may not. It's my understanding that Waltz was a lock even before Craig (of course, on condition Craig did return). Things can change. But no one knows with any certainty.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,690
    It probably will be since EON won't announce "Blofeld won't return". The cast will be announced, Waltz won't be on the cast list, and Blofeld fanboys will continue hoping for a couple of months that EON is simply keeping Blofeld's return a secret.

So how can Blofeld return if he never was in SP to begin with? Because I recall Waltz denying in every interview that he was going to be Blofeld. And we can also remind ourselves of literally pages and pages of discussion in the SP production thread where several members were convinced Andrew Scott's Denbigh was Blofeld based on the trailers.

Possibly, but I suspect word will leak one way or another.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    They are filming two movies as one long production. This is why they're starting in may. Yes I've heard this from my own people.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    They are filming two movies as one long production. This is why they're starting in may. Yes I've heard this from my own people.
    Fascinating. Any word on the cast?
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 1,965
    So we're getting a 2 parter? Part 1 in 2019, Part 2 in 2020?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,165
    I'm picturing B25 being marketed as the last DC film, and then ending with "Daniel Craig... Will Return"
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @QuantumOrganization, is this the announcement you predict will happen late August/beginning of September?

Really? May/June (early summer) pre-production has been Eon's schedule for a long time - a schedule for one film.

• RC7RC7
    edited August 2017 Posts: 10,512

So May is the start of production? I'm getting conflicting intel. That's what I heard, but presumed it was pre-production. I've heard nothing of a two film shoot, but that means nothing.

Who are your people?