No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    barryt007 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't believe Nolan has had any conversations with EON for some time (this can be gleaned from the fact that he has been talking about Bond openly but hypothetically in interviews).

If he was a card in the negotiations with Warner, I can assume they would have involved him.

So I don't think he was a factor.

Not for BOND 25 no...things are moving along there already re a director I think.

That will probably be the next announcement along with the distributor.
    No, I understand. My point was more if Nolan was a card to play for Warner, I think they would have at least involved him in these discussions (even if it was to suggest he was there for B26 once Craig bows out). It doesn't appear that he has had any recent discussions about Bond with anyone.

I wonder if it really is Warner at this point. All the bidding candidates seem equally possible to me, except Fox.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    Perhaps for bond 26,27,28 nolan will step in

Again, why is it assumed he'd do a trilogy?

People are projecting from his Batman days.

On top of rumblings of Craig doing a back-to-back for years now, I think more people are expecting more sequels/trilogies. Personally, I'd still prefer standalone stories, but if Nolan was stepping in for a trilogy that was planned and outlined from start to finish before the first one even began, I wouldn't mind. Would certainly be interesting and unique for the series.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »
    Perhaps for bond 26,27,28 nolan will step in

Again, why is it assumed he'd do a trilogy?

People are projecting from his Batman days.

I know, I fail to see the logical leap. Despite the retrofitting in the Craig era Bond films are still seen as standalones. People talk about 'the best Bond film', not 'the best Bond trilogy'. Why spread yourself across three when you can put all your energy into one potential classic?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I don't believe Nolan has had any conversations with EON for some time (this can be gleaned from the fact that he has been talking about Bond openly but hypothetically in interviews).

If he was a card in the negotiations with Warner, I can assume they would have involved him.

So I don't think he was a factor.

Not for BOND 25 no...things are moving along there already re a director I think.

That will probably be the next announcement along with the distributor.
    No, I understand. My point was more if Nolan was a card to play for Warner, I think they would have at least involved him in these discussions (even if it was to suggest he was there for B26 once Craig bows out). It doesn't appear that he has had any recent discussions about Bond with anyone.

I wonder if it really is Warner at this point. All the bidding candidates seem equally possible to me, except Fox.

I've seen or heard 2 things about WB but i'm buggered if I can remember ...I will check when I get home from work as my brain is frazzled and im off to catch my train .

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    At a recent concert I attended, Zimmer said himself that the Bat trilogy was never intended as such. They took it as it came.
    What was the blurred expression in the interview, the meaning of which they discussed? Just curious.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Dennison wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Well, we can hopefully rest easy knowing Newman is highly unlikely to come back.

Wonder if David Arnold will be back.

I want him back so badly
    At a recent concert I attended, Zimmer said himself that the Bat trilogy was never intended as such. They took it as it came.

What's more, Nolan always said that even at the time. And even after the second Bale didn't know if Nolan would be doing third - the actor was signed on for 3 to begin with (regardless of if there was to actually be 3 or not), the director was not, and could have chosen not to do more than 1. Or 2. (Could have done more than 3 as well had he wanted to I'm sure.)
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Well, we can hopefully rest easy knowing Newman is highly unlikely to come back.

I want him back so badly

Daniel Pemberton
  • RC7RC7

That's true. He used Begins as his breakout. It was only the good word of mouth and critical response that pushed them into doing the second as BB didn't gross much more than Forever had done 10 years earlier.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 614

I want him back so badly

It would be nice if Craig brought along David Holmes, the composer on LOGAN LUCKY. I love Holmes's scores.

EDIT: I originally wrote Cliff Martinez, who is Soderbergh's other favorite composer. Either one (Martinez or Holmes) would do great work on a Bond film.

Escalus5 wrote: »

I want him back so badly

It would be nice if Craig brought along Cliff Martinez, the composer on LOGAN LUCKY. I love Martinez's scores.

I wouldn't be surprised if the big man himself, Steven Soderbergh, would direct Craig's final outing.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I hope Arnold returns for the music and we can get some proper brassy stuff as opposed to Newman's wimpy synths. And if 25 is the last one for DC, this will be unique in that we didn't know going into any of the Bonds (to my knowledge) that what we are seeing is that actor's last go, right?

I want him back so badly

I don't. I want someone new. I want new sound
    I wouldn't be surprised if the big man himself, Steven Soderbergh, would direct Craig's final outing.

That would be ideal. HAYWIRE is terrific.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

That would be ideal. HAYWIRE is terrific.

I'm in agreement with both of you. I'd be incredibly happy to see him hired for this one. Curious how accurate that shortlist of three directors still is now.
    Getting a new Irma Bunt could be cool. Craig could use a new female villain to deal with. I don't think Bond 25 should be a full OHMSS remake though - it ought to still be mostly original. They have to bring back Felix (preferably Jeffrey Wright again)!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

I want him back so badly

It would be nice if Craig brought along David Holmes, the composer on LOGAN LUCKY. I love Holmes's scores.

Yes, please!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Is there a section in our forum to discuss Logan Lucky? I'm really looking forward to seeing it this weekend
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is there a section in our forum to discuss Logan Lucky? I'm really looking forward to seeing it this weekend

The DC appreciation thread.
    Lucky you, Rät. As usual, WE have to wait
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I think Craig announcing his return on Colbert was ultimately a very smart decision. What better way to put an end to the endless gossip and speculation, as well as once again clarify --for the benefit of those who didn't get it before-- that he definitely enjoys and appreciates being Bond, than by speaking directly to the audience?

As an aside, I'm skeptical about the idea that the news of Craig's return will negatively take attention away from Logan Lucky. If anything, it will raise his public profile among the audience, remind everybody this guy is Bond!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Logan Lucky is already getting a critical acclaim, currently holding a 93% on Rotten Tomatoes.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Benny wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    ...There were good things about Spectre too and I still would choose this movie over any of the Brosnan films...except for maybe Goldeneye.

Absolutely, I really enjoyed SP placing it as Craig's second best. You don't make an $900 million grossing 'bad' movie that often.

5 live action Transformers movies have made over $4 Billion.

Edit: @Wizardofice already submitted this very crucial testimony.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I can t believe Craig actually slept with J. J. Abrams. That is disgusting, and I hope the media will go full throttle with it for years to come.

Also, Stephen Colbert is the next Bond? I am so done with the series. He will be as bad as Brosnan.
    I can t believe Craig actually slept with J. J. Abrams. That is disgusting, and I hope the media will go full throttle with it for years to come.

Also, Stephen Colbert is the next Bond? I am so done with the series. He will be as bad as Brosnan.

@Thunderfinger he was just joking around so was cobert you can't take everything literally these days just look at the slashed my wrist comments by Craig
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40946939

When they say 'How did the fans react? they actually mean 'How did some random twats on twitter (and Craig David) react?'

At least some of the other crappy articles previously had the good grace to come here, the world's premier Bond fan community, to find out what the fans think.

And given his job description you'd think this bloke might know better:

Ajay Chowdhury, editor of the James Bond International Fan Club magazine, told BBC 5 live: "He's been the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful actor to play Bond."

Err no that would be Sean mate.

But he wasn't finished:

"He's made Bond such an iconic character"

Sean again I'm afraid.

It's rather irksome that the Beeb goes to these rentagob experts with their important sounding titles and then they come out with tripe like this just because it chimes with the mood of the day.

Yes Dan is successful both critically and commercially but not as much as Sean. Not that there's any shame in that.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2017 Posts: 5,962

I want him back so badly

It would be nice if Craig brought along Cliff Martinez, the composer on LOGAN LUCKY. I love Martinez's scores.

This gives me hope (scroll down to Logan Lucky):

"Soderbergh has said he no longer wants to make “prestige” pictures, and instead just wants as many people to see and enjoy his movies as possible. If that’s the next step in his career, he is off to a fantastic start."

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/every-steven-soderbergh-movie-ranked-from-worst-to-best.html

Leaving Blofeld alive in SP is the biggest dangling plot point in Craig's era. I'd say it's almost certain that Waltz will be back. Madeleine probably will return as well since they made such a big deal with her in the final scene. Forget about Hinx and Sciarra--that sounds too much like a direct sequel and they already made that mistake with QoS. Plus there's no indication in SP that Hinx isn't dead. (I wouldn't be surprised at all if they dispatched Madeleine early a la The Bourne Supremacy).

Eon, now is your chance to do finally do the novels YOLT and TMWTGG justice, with a Bond actor's pre-announced final film. Don't blow it. Go back to Fleming.
    @007Blofeld, may I introduce you to Dr. Thunderfinger's sense of humour? ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Variety are still reporting that "in search of a new studio for distribution. Warner Bros. is believed to be closest to landing the deal."

Hopefully, the distribution deal will be the next big announcement, and not who's doing the on set catering.
    Better than having Annapurna, Sony or 20th Century Fox around.