No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,187
    bondjames wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I thought @QuantumOrganization predicted the first announcement that came last month? If so he must know something about the second one coming.
    I predicted the announcement last month just because it would line up when they announced spectre. My opinion is Craig will give a consensus after Logan Lucky is over and done with
    Very reasonable analysis and conclusion. I concur.

You're also correct that the 'release date' announcement in July coincides perfectly with when the announced SP's release date in 2013. The only difference this time is that they have to get the director lined up (they knew it would be Mendes in 2013).

I believe they will announce distributor, director and lead actor all at once.

Wait they still dont have a distributor?
    Is it looking like Sony will come back or will it be Warner Brothers or something
    I think they have the distributor, but they just haven't announced it yet. I believe they will announce distributor, lead actor and director all at once at some point in the future. If I were to hazard a guess, it's probably the director that hasn't truly been locked yet, and that in turn will influence the actor (imho, since Craig likely will commit based on the director choice).
    Its not Sony, I can tell you that.

I thought @QuantumOrganization predicted the first announcement that came last month? If so he must know something about the second one coming.
    I predicted the announcement last month just because it would line up when they announced spectre. My opinion is Craig will give a consensus after Logan Lucky is over and done with

You're also correct that the 'release date' announcement in July coincides perfectly with when the announced SP's release date in 2013. The only difference this time is that they have to get the director lined up (they knew it would be Mendes in 2013).

Is it looking like Sony will come back or will it be Warner Brothers or something
    I think they have the distributor, but they just haven't announced it yet. I believe they will announce distributor, lead actor and director all at once at some point in the future. If I were to hazard a guess, it's probably the director that hasn't truly been locked yet, and that in turn will influence the actor (imho, since Craig likely will commit based on the director choice).

The voice of authority has spoken!
    Dennison wrote: »

Sometimes I feel I'm not welcome here.

• peterpeter Toronto
    @bondjames, I see what you're saying, although the idea of B-list directors, to me, is a gun for hire (Simon West-types).

MacKenzie and Demange seem more like rising indie-filmmakers, in a similar mold to (and I'm sure this may light a fire in some) Marc Forster.

This may appeal to DC since they both have art cred, they have strong character pieces out there with tons of critical acclaim. I don't think DC, IF he is back, is averse to risk taking.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote: »

Not sure about director, only actor and distributor.

You said it was Demange on the previous page. Keep up.
    It was an obvious joke.

There's only one obvious joke round these parts that I can see.
    RC7 wrote: »

Not sure about director, only actor and distributor.

You said it was Demange on the previous page. Keep up.
    It was an obvious joke.

There's only one obvious joke round these parts that I can see.
    You clearly have never had kids.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Fair points @peter, and I had thought of the Forster parallels myself. It's just that after the box office heights they have scaled with the two Mendes films, I am surprised they would take this direction with Craig now. After all, the idea behind keeping Craig is that he is a box office draw. One doesn't take chances with a 'sure thing'. It defeats the purpose.

Conversely, one takes chances with someone new.

Anyway, it's all quite curious and I look forward to the eventual announcement to put this thing to rest once and for all.

But you basically have a wire-tap on Barbara Broccoli right?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm actually not anxious anymore, one way or the other (I say with a sigh of relief). I came to terms with my "anxiety" about two weeks ago, @bondjames . I love Craig, I would love to see him continue since I have derived much enjoyment from his performances. But... He's either in, or... he's not... I will have a momentary sadness if the latter is true, but I own the films and he will become a part of the history, rather than an ongoing present...

If there is a new 007, I will have to accept that this will be the first actor to play the role who will be a younger man than myself (I'm 43). It'll be an interesting dynamic since Bond has been a character I've always looked up to and admired.

A younger man in the tux? And potentially a much younger man (depending on where they go with Bond)??? It will certainly be interesting times.

Saying all of that, and I know where you stand, and I understand all your points, I'm just not ready to say 'bye to DC yet. However, I've come to terms that he's still in the tux, or he isn't (and there's not a bloody thing I could do about it either way!!).

What was that Johnny 256 posts?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Me neither @peter. Even though we come at it from different angles, I've made my peace with it either way. I just wish they'd bloody get on with it and make it an announcement worthy of all this radio silence when it's finally made.

In all honesty I wish Craig had said something to clarify his intentions over the past 2 years (he's been quite cagey), but then again maybe it really wasn't his choice all along, particularly with an opening on the distribution front (Craig came in with Sony as I recall, and was rubber stamped by Pascale).
    Me neither @peter. Even though we come at it from different angles, I've made my peace with it either way. I just wish they'd bloody get on with it and make it an announcement worthy of all this radio silence when it's finally made.

In all honesty I wish Craig had said something to clarify his intentions over the past 2 years (he's been quite cagey), but then again maybe it really wasn't his choice all along, particularly with an opening on the distribution front (Craig came in with Sony as I recall, and was rubber stamped by Pascale).
    Amy had no part in choosing Craig. He is Barbara's baby.

Pascal supported it.

Pascal supported it.
    Correct, but she wasn't in the key Decision making process for it.

Pascal supported it.
    Fair enough. To a degree, my point was that this could be the reason Craig has been quiet. Corporate politics. If he had come out and said something so assuredly it could have potentially embarrassed a future distributor. It doesn't matter who really has the real power, just who is perceived to have it. The distributor has influence.

Pascal supported it.
    Fair enough. To a degree, my point was that this could be the reason Craig has been quiet. Corporate politics. If he had come out and said something so assuredly it could have potentially embarrassed a future distributor. It doesn't matter who really has the real power, just who is perceived to have it. The distributor has influence.

Eon will co-ordinate official announcements with the distribution company. Eon revealing the Bond 25 2019 release dates would have been agreed with the new distribution company. The next announcement will probably confirm Craig and also the distribution company, possibly the director. That's probably all we will get at this stage.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Pascal supported it.

Eon will co-ordinate official announcements with the distribution company. Eon revealing the Bond 25 2019 release dates would have been agreed with the new distribution company. The next announcement will probably confirm Craig and also the distribution company, possibly the director. That's probably all we will get at this stage.
    Thanks. That'll be fine with me. I just hope it's an exciting announcement either way.

I must say they've kept the distributor under wraps nicely. All these leaks about Craig but nothing about that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DC still attached to 'Purity,' and if he returns to play Bond, that will most likely delay it:

http://www.slashfilm.com/purity-tv-series-delayed-by-bond-25/#more-433498
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    DC still attached to 'Purity,' and if he returns to play Bond, that will most likely delay it:

I never bought that Craig would be 'allowed' to do a tv show while he was the incumbent Bond. So this doesn't surprise me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Cat seems kinda out of the bag as well when the producer says DC is doing Bond first, but takes steps back by saying he can't say what he knows on the matter or doesn't know...

Producer-speak, a language unto itself!
    It's clear as Day Daniel is doing Bond 25. Anybody who questions it needs robe scheduled to a psychiatric ward.

What was that Johnny 256 posts?

I have only 256 posts? Mmm not sure about that ...
    It's clear as Day Daniel is doing Bond 25. Anybody who questions it needs robe scheduled to a psychiatric ward.

He's quitting isn't he?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Christoph Waltz will be on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' tonight.

Colbert is the one who asked David Oyelowo if Craig is still Bond. So he might bring it up with Waltz again.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Christoph Waltz will be on 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' tonight.

Colbert is the one who asked David Oyelowo if Craig is still Bond. So he might bring it up with Waltz again.
    Waiting for the 'smile'.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yeah baby! Thanks @Creasy47 :-D!! Let's delay the hell out of that TV Series "Purity" :-D!!! (although I am a big fan of Todd Field's "Little Children").

It's goingto happennnn. My Danny-boy will be BACK :-D
    I've noticed that you have become a little more exuberant lately after being on a downer for a few months. Now I understand.
    I've noticed that you have become a little more exuberant lately after being on a downer for a few months. Now I understand.

Hehehe, thanks @bondjames. You're getting to know me hehe. By the way, you're always welcome for a meet up here in Barcelona (^_-)

Hehehe, thanks @bondjames. You're getting to know me hehe. By the way, you're always welcome for a meet up here in Barcelona (^_-)
    Thanks @Gustav_Graves. A beautiful city from what I've learned, but only one which I've (to date) had the pleasure of seeing in films. I'm truly happy that your spirits have been lifted by these latest rumours. It's always great to get some confirmation that things are finally moving ahead.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Two years of random speculation, random bs, vague statements, only to have Craig come back. Great job Eon, if this is true, round of applause