No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,117

“The script is nearly ready for the 25th film, provisionally titled Shatterhand and scheduled to be released in November 2019'

'Script nearly ready'? Over a year before filming is due to start? When last time it wasn't even ready 5 mins before shooting commenced?

And called Shatterhand but also a remake of OHMSS at the same time? So he's going to marry Madeline, she's going to die and he's going to get his revenge on Blofeld all in one film?

The usual bollocks based on comments on this forum. We should be getting royalties from these 'journalists'.

Although I don't think signing Dan up for 2 more films is that far fetched.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 12,914
    Producer BARBARA BROCCOLI has been spearheading negotiations with the actor, which will take him up to a total of six films as the world’s most famous secret agent.
    SPEARHEAD.
    Great title for the next Bond film, even if it has 9 letters total.
  • I don't have the link yet, but tomorrow The Sun is going to report that Bond will die at the end of the second one. Delicious, isn't it?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If they're going to remake OHMSS they are going to require a more interesting female lead than Seydoux. I can't see this happening.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,686
    bondjames wrote: »
    If they're going to remake OHMSS they are going to require a more interesting female lead than Seydoux. I can't see this happening.

Or, alternatively, keep Seydoux but recast Bond. ;) Craig and Seydoux really don't have chemistry together. Most likely not her fault, but she doesn't seem comfortable with the English language. She's very good in talkative french films, and in 'Ghost Protocol' where her English dialogue was minimal.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm sure a good actor's director can fix that.
    Let's all take a deep breath. Look on the bright side. These newest fake news articles are certainly way more positive spirited and destroy all the negative "Slash my wrists" aura much sooner :-P

I think Lea was perfect in the interview/interrogation scene in the Hoffler Clinic. Wonderful multi-layered performance in which Madeleine slowly turned from a bored and slightly dominant doctor into a scared and fragile Honey Rider-esque girl. Lea Seydoux is a marvellous actress. Yet she deserves a slightly better screenplay, so her acting skills flourish much better.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

This has been all but officially confirmed to me, but take it as you will.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

This has been all but officially confirmed to me, but take it as you will.

Do elaborate!
    It's medium amazing rumors are able to invoke ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE at this point.
    How far we've come.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883

Or, alternatively, keep Seydoux but recast Bond. ;) Craig and Seydoux really don't have chemistry together. Most likely not her fault, but she doesn't seem comfortable with the English language. She's very good in talkative french films, and in 'Ghost Protocol' where her English dialogue was minimal.
    Yes I agree. She's very easy on the eyes, and Cruise used her very well in MI_GP. I can't see anyone caring if Swann took a bullet though and ultimately this is critical for an OHMSS remake to really work.

I can't see them going down this path (or at least I hope not).
    Let's all take a deep breath. Look on the bright side. These newest fake news articles are certainly way more positive spirited and destroy all the negative "Slash my wrists" aura much sooner :-P
    That's not going away. Mark my words.

EDIT: It looks like Detroit is going to flop. As Annapurna's first major distribution effort, I wonder what it means for their chances for Bond distribution. They were always a wild card.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Seydoux doesn't need to do much to Seydoux me.

Sorry.

I still hope for a FYEO-style down to earth Bond film. Perhaps, as some have suggested, a reference to what happened in SP - but then an standalone adventure. Globetrotting, stylish, a touch of humor and wit and less personal drama.
    Actually the finale to SPECTRE was smaller scale, I'm looking for the other direction. A larger scale threat to kill millions, assault on the villain's lair, "_________ Nellie" from Q Branch, the works. Blofeld and Bond back with a vengeance. But less personal drama, more humor and wit, sure.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Actually the finale to SPECTRE was smaller scale, I'm looking for the other direction. A larger scale threat to kill millions, assault on the villain's lair, "_________ Nellie" from Q Branch, the works. Blofeld and Bond back with a vengeance. But less personal drama, more humor and wit, sure.

Hell yes to all of this!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Hell yes to all of this!
    Seconded!
    [The only problem is it's not on the cycle of 1967, 1977, 1997. But otherwise, full speed ahead.]
    I can see Babs wanting Craig for Bond 26 in 2022 for the 60th anniversary. He will be 54 but who cares? He would probably still look great at 54.
    I had asked an unanswered question a few weeks back about these director hopefuls.

Can we glean anything about what direction EON are headed given the names being bandied about? Have any of them worked with Craig (I don't think so)?

Apart from Villeneuve, these are not big names really. What does this mean? Stripped back? Gritty? Less ambitious? More violent?

Just curious to see what we can conclude based on the 3 names in apparent contention.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,756
    I had asked an unanswered question a few weeks back about these director hopefuls.

Can we glean anything about what direction EON are headed given the names being bandied about? Have any of them worked with Craig (I don't think so)?

Apart from Villeneuve, these are not big names really. What does this mean? Stripped back? Gritty? Less ambitious? More violent?

Just curious to see what we can conclude based on the 3 names in apparent contention.

They definitely want Villeneuve as I feel like Demange is their backup choice. I think we're going to get something along the lines of FYEO where we get a scaled back focused flick. I don't think we're going to get a YOLT, if SP was Thunderball. He makes a lot of sense because he has experience with Blade Runner, so he isn't a stranger to helming large franchises. This is exactly what EON needs right now.

Fingers crossed for Villeneuve to introduce a new actor. Or Demange. I said it before but Demange seems a bit too hip to be working with an older Bond but my opinion.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 187
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I can see Babs wanting Craig for Bond 26 in 2022 for the 60th anniversary. He will be 54 but who cares? He would probably still look great at 54.

He'll look a lot better than Moore did, that's for sure. Moore was a good looking man back in the day but he aged quickly and looked it far more than others for whatever reason.

But agreed, I can also see them wanting him back for the 60'th. It would also be a perfect way to send-off arguably one of the most well received versions of cinematic Bond ever but then again this franchise lately has been strange the way they've gone about certain things so who is really to say at this point.

Finally, as far as EON is concerned, I really cannot see them selling off the property, especially after coming off the back of just how much this franchise has earned in the past decade alone, it's almost mind-numbing. They would be idiots to call it a day with the property at this point to be frank, especially when they could start a new chapter with a new actor (and a potential entry point for someone like a Nolan directing figure).
    They definitely want Villeneuve as I feel like Demange is their backup choice. I think we're going to get something along the lines of FYEO where we get a scaled back focused flick. I don't think we're going to get a YOLT, if SP was Thunderball.
    That would be great. Villeneuve is my first choice too.
    Fingers crossed for Villeneuve to introduce a new actor. Or Demange. I said it before but Demange seems a bit too hip to be working with an older Bond but my opinion.
    I agree with your assessment of Demange, just based on some cursory research on the man. If he's really the first pick, I think we're in for a surprise.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2017 Posts: 5,921
    jake24 wrote: »
    It had been rumoured shortly after she was cast that she was going to play Moneypenny.

The problem is that Mendes saw Moneypenny and Q as more important than they actually are, and then he turned it into a twist.

I'm not convinced Mendes ever "got" Bond. He seems to have fallen in love with LALD and wanted to pay homage to it.
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Seydoux doesn't need to do much to Seydoux me.

Sorry.

I still hope for a FYEO-style down to earth Bond film. Perhaps, as some have suggested, a reference to what happened in SP - but then an standalone adventure. Globetrotting, stylish, a touch of humor and wit and less personal drama.

So basically a PTS like DAF, but serious?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    They may just call the damn film ohmss since they are out of titles
  • They may just call the damn film ohmss since they are out of titles

Could be On His Majesty's Secret Service by the fall of 2019 rolls around....
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    They may just call the damn film ohmss since they are out of titles

Could be On His Majesty's Secret Service by the fall of 2019 rolls around....

Well it will be exactly 50 years since ohmss came out which eon loves 50 year anniversary's so it makes sense ;)
  • Skyfall
    Spectre
    Service, OHMS
    Scorpius
    Shathand
    Shamelady

They're good for awhile.
    Yeah, there's the opportunity to really mix it up this time. Nice.
    SERVICE.
    Heard Craig may be coming back for two more? At least there may be potential Bond actor security for a while if so. They really have their work cut out to make a good story for the next film though. IMO, though I like all 4 films, CR is the only Craig film that has an exceptional story.