No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Nothing against him. I'm an avid viewer of his blog & I love his videos. Just would be very shocking to me if he knew something since no one seems to know anything.
  • As an aside, a quick summary of people who said they had the inside story.

--007 Magazine (June 2016): Craig was out, Hiddelston had an offer to play Bond.

--The Book Bond (June 2016): ""Eon (Productions) and Barbara Broccoli are the ones who are done with Craig.” (Original link taken down.)

--Radar Online (September 2016): Sony "should be announcing any day" it was re-upping as Bond distributor and was offering Craig $150 million to do two more 007 movies.

Never say never. Maybe the latest people saying they have inside information really do. Still, there have been some possibly false starts.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,575
    Why not matthew vaugn as a bond director instead of nolan.
    He's super talented and makes sam mendes look amatuer after his Spectre farce.

Nolan's Dunkirk seems to lack a lot dialogue and acting from what i have read.

30 mins plus of just war battles,no dialogue seems very lazy and boring.

But it still might be a good spectacle to watch ?
  • As far as this:

//For the babies that need their milk. Spoil yourself with this and don't come back until the next film is revealed.//

As Bane said in The Dark Knight Rises, "But of course!"

You have the freedom to do what you're told. Or, put another way, pay attention to the franchise's past until you're instructed to do otherwise.

Just to be clear, do fans get overexcited? Sure.

Still, it's a little extreme to say fans shouldn't comment about the (seemingly uncertain) future of the Bond franchise.

SPECTRE wrapped up production a little more than two years ago (i.e. early July 2015 when Craig did those interviews with the "slash my wrists" comment, which were embargoed until the fall), and 21 months since the most recent Bond film premiered. Most movie franchises in the 21st century don't go into radio silence for that length of time.
    As far as this:

//For the babies that need their milk. Spoil yourself with this and don't come back until the next film is revealed.//

You have the freedom to do what you're told. Or, put another way, pay attention to the franchise's past until you're instructed to do otherwise.

Just to be clear, do fans get overexcited? Sure.

Still, it's a little extreme to say fans shouldn't comment about the (seemingly uncertain) future of the Bond franchise.

SPECTRE wrapped up production a little more than two years ago (i.e. early July 2015 when Craig did those interviews with the "slash my wrists" comment, which were embargoed until the fall), and 21 months since the most recent Bond film premiered. Most movie franchises in the 21st century don't go into radio silence for that length of time.

He should have saved that comment until he writes his biography.

DC is supposed to be a professional and shouldn't have make those stupid comments( "slash my wrists" ) even in jest ,Especially after being paid $40 million and below average acting In Spectre.

He's behaved like a spoiled brat...........And he's milking his Tom ford,Omega,Aston etc endorsements while he makes EON wait.

There are millions of people in the world who work harder than he did in Spectre and get paid less than $50,000 a year.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Or, EON and Craig are on the same page and will make an announcement when the time is right. The only people gnawing at the bit for news are hardcore Bond fans, and we are no more than a speck in the big picture.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

People keep wanting news and then complain when there is no news and it clogs the thread up with useless posts. Instead of making things worse, It's better to show some patience and save our energy until there is something worthwhile to talk about.
  • //The only people gnawing at the bit for news are hardcore Bond fans, and we are no more than a speck in the big picture.//

Which is why Disney's Lucasfilm and Marvel subsidiaries treat their fans in a similar manner.

// It's better to show some patience and save our energy until there is something worthwhile to talk about.//

So perhaps MI6 (the website, not the agency) should shut down the message board except for non-Bond topics right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Any news?
    None at the moment, although there are recent rumours that something will be announced next month. Let's see.
    So perhaps MI6 (the website, not the agency) should shut down the message board except for non-Bond topics right now.

It has nothing to do with the site.

• Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Any news?

Any week now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I personally don't have a problem with the speculation here. It's one of the most interesting threads on this forum, and has been so since its inception. We all have a chance to express our points of view on what we want (and don't want) out of this franchise going forward, and eventually we will get some news which will no doubt satisfy some of us and disappoint others.

Either way, I believe it's going to be an exciting six months or so.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Alfred said: "Endure, Master Wayne. Take it."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,575
    Murdock wrote: »

People keep wanting news and then complain when there is no news and it clogs the thread up with useless posts. Instead of making things worse, It's better to show some patience and save our energy until there is something worthwhile to talk about.

It's called freedom of speech. :)
    001 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

It's called freedom of speech. :)

And I'm not saying nobody has the right to.
    Murdock's overated. :)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    He's Brosnan, he's Bronson, he's Murdock!
    And I wouldn't have it any other way. :P But lets get back on topic please. :))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Heard from a friend that an announcement is due the beginning of August for Craig's return and the distributor.

The oracle has spoken. Maybe you can find 100 links to the same story you can spam entertain us with?

Anyway as regards Nolan I think there's a lot of disrespect to be even suggesting he's anyway near comparable with Bay.

His CV speaks for itself; there's only Interstellar you could say was something of a misstep and despite the self indulgence of that film there's still a phenomenal amount to reccomend it. Put it this way your worst film is Interstellar then you must be a pretty talented individual.

I keep hearing the word 'fun' bandied around and whilst I can understand why some find Nolan's films dour given the choice between taking a risk on Nolan's dourness or a Tamahori's 'fun' it's the definition of a no brainer.

I'm not even sure what 'fun' means in this context. Are FRWL, OHMSS or CR 'fun'? I think when people say 'fun' they are actually meaning they've had enough of the navel gazing of the Craig era which I suppose is fair enough. But if 'fun' means invisible cars and space lasers then count me out.

Nolan's Batman films were actually fairly self aware and had moments of humour. We wouldn't get Moore esque one liners but I'm fairly confident that he'd realise that Bond is always a little bit tongue in cheek.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I personally don't have a problem with the speculation here. It's one of the most interesting threads on this forum, and has been so since its inception. We all have a chance to express our points of view on what we want (and don't want) out of this franchise going forward, and eventually we will get some news which will no doubt satisfy some of us and disappoint others.

Either way, I believe it's going to be an exciting six months or so.

Yeah, I've got no problem when I see there's lots of new posts and it's all speculation. What annoys me more is new posts that are people complaining about the post count. I'd much rather read speculation than "stop clogging up the thread be patient" over and over. Although the people who just complain about the lack of news over and over are equally annoying. Yeah it's crap but moaning isn't going to do anything and I'd much rather use this thread to speculate and share ideas about the future than complain about a lack of knowledge of it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I guess if the myterious distributor turns out to be WB, we can assume the Nolan/Hardy Bond trilogy will result.
    I think if Hardy does do Bond,i think the time between films might go back to 2-3 years .

He seems more approachable than Craig,and is always very enthusiastic about his work.
    I guess if the myterious distributor turns out to be WB, we can assume the Nolan/Hardy Bond trilogy will result.

That's not going to happen yet. I suspect Eon will approach Nolan for a re-boot once Craig is done, that way Nolan can really spread his creative wings. I'm of the feeling Craig is, as rumoured, coming back for one more, and the director is set - a certain Scottish chap who has just worked for Eon on what I hear is a very fine film.
  • RC7RC7
    I have to wonder if the assumption of a Nolan trilogy would be such had the guy only made Batman Begins. I don't see too much that points in that direction, personally.

Nolan, as a long time fan, clearly has a vision for what his Bond would be. I'm not so certain that vision is a story arc, but more of a reset in terms of aesthetic, tone and overall execution. I don't see him tying himself down and I don't believe EON are champing at the bit to move straight onto a standalone trilogy.

My instinct is that 'if' Nolan were to jump on board it would be to launch a new version of Bond, a sandbox other directors can then play in as they move forward. I'm almost inclined to believe he'd more likely stick around as a consultant/co-Producer than tie himself into a decade long directing gig.

This is a guy who's in his absolute prime. Probably the best blockbuster film maker working today. He already knows how hard it is to pull off a trilogy and he'll be acutely aware that Bond movies function best as standalone pictures. As a vocal fan of OHMSS I believe Nolan's vision is quite simple - to create a classic. A singular movie that redefines Bond and goes down as one of the all time best.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,087
    RC7 wrote: »
    I have to wonder if the assumption of a Nolan trilogy would be such had the guy only made Batman Begins. I don't see too much that points in that direction, personally.

Nolan, as a long time fan, clearly has a vision for what his Bond would be. I'm not so certain that vision is a story arc, but more of a reset in terms of aesthetic, tone and overall execution. I don't see him tying himself down and I don't believe EON are champing at the bit to move straight onto a standalone trilogy.

My instinct is that 'if' Nolan were to jump on board it would be to launch a new version of Bond, a sandbox other directors can then play in as they move forward. I'm almost inclined to believe he'd more likely stick around as a consultant/co-Producer than tie himself into a decade long directing gig.

This is a guy who's in his absolute prime. Probably the best blockbuster film maker working today. He already knows how hard it is to pull off a trilogy and he'll be acutely aware that Bond movies function best as standalone pictures. As a vocal fan of OHMSS I believe Nolan's vision is quite simple - to create a classic. A singular movie that redefines Bond and goes down as one of the all time best.

Interesting thoughts.

The prospect of Nolan Bond film intrigues me more each day. Sort of a Bond film to end all Bond films. Practical stunts, shot on film, directed by a true cinema elitist. It's like stepping back and recapturing the spirit of classic Bond, without making a period film itself.

If WB get distribution, I think Nolan will take that as his mark and jump aboard.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,031
    My Bond 25/future Bond films director wishlist

1. Denis Villeneuve
    2. Christopher Nolan
    3. Edgar Wright
    4. Paul McGuigan
    5. Kathryn Bigelow
    6. Christopher McQuarrie
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,043
    I'd actually cooled off on Nolan directing a Bond film but the more some of you talk about what he could do I definitely warming to it more and more..

Definitely needs to be a reboot to get us out of the corner SP painted us into but the idea of him setting up a new timeline for other directors to jump into when he finishes sounds delicious.

One thing no Hardy, think the guy is a wonderful actor and so watchable but not Bond, too short and I just don't see it, a Red Grant type yes but Bond no.

If it's established then Fassbender, he's just so right for it but I think they need to give someone not so famous, Tom Hughes, James Norton or Dan Stevens, that being said depending when Craig is finished maybe someone else will be on EON's radar.

Yeah I'm well truly definitely on board with Nolan at some point.