No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The interesting thing is that Purity is an ensemble show with other characters. Showtime purchased 20 episodes. So even if Craig is not available (because of hold ups due to Bond), Showtime can move forward with another actor, like what happened with Brosnan replacing Neill for The Son.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,691
    bondjames wrote: »
    The interesting thing is that Purity is an ensemble show with other characters. Showtime purchased 20 episodes. So even if Craig is not available (because of hold ups due to Bond), Showtime can move forward with another actor, like what happened with Brosnan replacing Neill for The Son.

If Craig decided to step down from Purity, the whole project could probably be cancelled all-together by Showtime.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'Nancy' is among the films featured at the 2017 IFP Film Week from 17 - 21 Sept., 2017.

filmmakermagazine.com/102955-ifp-announces-feature-film-slate-for-ifp-week/
    Purity is a smaller role for him but he is co producing it
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,127
    Seen as he's actually confirmed for Purity as of now, and unconfirmed for Bond 25, I don't see why he would back out of Purity for Bond 25. Obviously he has an interest in this project, and has been exploring acting outside of Bond. It doesn't make sense why he would back out of Purity to get back on the treadmill for EON.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Seen as he's actually confirmed for Purity as of now, and unconfirmed for Bond 25, I don't see why he would back out of Purity for Bond 25. Obviously he has an interest in this project, and has been exploring acting outside of Bond. It doesn't make sense why he would back out of Purity to get back on the treadmill for EON.

Because filming Purity (whenever it kicks off) can get in the way of Bond 25's production, or he doesn't want to work on both project back to back on short notice.

Because filming Purity (whenever it kicks off) can get in the way of Bond 25's production, or he doesn't want to work on both project back to back on short notice.

But Bond 25 gets in the way of Purity too, no? And he's actually confirmed for Purity.
    A James Bond film that could make close to a billion dollars and a nice paycheck for Craig? Or a TV show on a Subscription network that won't make it pay nearly as much?

I don't think it's a hard choice for craig.

But Bond 25 gets in the way of Purity too, no? And he's actually confirmed for Purity.

Did you even read the last few pages of this thread? Purity, right now, is a big fat nothing compared to a big budget film like Bond. Purity will get delayed the moment Craig is confirmed for Bond 25 if both projects' productions are too close to each other. Craig could even sign for another non-Bond film before B25 and Purity would get delayed for that film too.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    A James Bond film that could make close to a billion dollars and a nice paycheck for Craig? Or a TV show on a Subscription network that won't make it pay nearly as much?

But I thought Craig wasn't someone just out for the biggest payday? I thought he chose projects that interested him over money making vehicles, and clearly Purity interests him since he's signed on for it.

But I thought Craig wasn't someone just out for the biggest payday? I thought he chose projects that interested him over money making vehicles, and clearly Purity interests him since he's signed on for it.

Purity is basically a non-existing project for the past year, they have to delay it if Craig does B25 or any other non-Bond film because you can't push back a production with many actors attached to it and with a specific release date because that would be a logistical nightmare.

Did you even read the last few pages of this thread? Purity, right now, is a big fat nothing compared to a big budget film like Bond. Purity will get delayed the moment Craig is confirmed for Bond 25 if both projects' productions are too close to each other. Craig could even sign for another non-Bond film before B25 and Purity would get delayed for that film too.

As far as we know, at the moment Bond 25 is a big fat nothing also. I think it's a bit too early to be making assumptions about which project will move for which, when we have no idea at which stages of development they are at respectively.

I think if you put a gun to craigs head he would chose Bond over Purity

I think if you put a gun to craigs head he would chose Bond over Purity

You're free to think so.

Purity is basically a non-existing project for the past year, they have to delay it if Craig does B25 or any other non-Bond film because you can't push back a production with many actors attached to it and with a specific release date because that would be a logistical nightmare.

Sorry, you claim Purity is a non-existing project? How on earth have you concluded this? Based on what information? Or are you just guessing?

As far as we know, at the moment Bond 25 is a big fat nothing also. I think it's a bit too early to be making assumptions about which project will move for which, when we have no idea at which stages of development they are at respectively.

Do you even grasp how Hollywood works? If Craig were to sign on a non-Bond film tomorrow morning, Purity would be delayed for as long as Craig works on that non-Bond film. And if this delay pushes Purity too close to Bond 25 if it films in 2019, Purity would be delayed again until 2020 at the earliest because it is currently, as of July 21 2017, dead in the water, meaning it holds absolutely no credibility against Bond 25's likely $150+ million budget.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Sorry, you claim Purity is a non-existing project? How on earth have you concluded this? Based on what information? Or are you just guessing?

Since you don't seem to pay attention: Purity has no actors attached, in talks, or rumoured to star in it. Purity is non-existent because production for the past year has not moved an inch. If Craig were to sign on to star in any other movie, it's good bye for Purity for god knows how long.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Based on these posts...

I'm of the feeling Craig is, as rumoured, coming back for one more, and the director is set - a certain Scottish chap who has just worked for Eon on what I hear is a very fine film.
    From what I hear from close associates, and big clues already dropped by Eon, the Bond 25 director is already locked - no doubt to be announced soon.
    Heard from a friend that an announcement is due the beginning of August for Craig's return and the distributor.

http://i.imgur.com/18ObYVD.jpg

...EON will soon announce that Craig is back, and the director of Bond 25 is Paul McGuigan. I believe this is exactly what's going to happen.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    @Superintendent

Whoa. Wishing it so!

This discussion is always entertaining. :p
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    McGuigan would be a terrible choice.
  • RC7RC7
    Based on these posts...

I'm of the feeling Craig is, as rumoured, coming back for one more, and the director is set - a certain Scottish chap who has just worked for Eon on what I hear is a very fine film.
    From what I hear from close associates, and big clues already dropped by Eon, the Bond 25 director is already locked - no doubt to be announced soon.
    Heard from a friend that an announcement is due the beginning of August for Craig's return and the distributor.

...EON will soon announce that Craig is back, and the director of Bond 25 is Paul McGuigan. I believe this is exactly what's going to happen.

I can't comment on the director rumours as I haven't heard anything myself, personally. What I have heard and have been saying for months is that Craig is returning. I can also guarantee that development has been ongoing for some time, again, as I've previously stated. I'm aware of a writer who was contacted last year about scripting duties. Things often change, but nothing I've heard so far has made me think anything other than a Craig return. @ColonelSun is an industry vet so if he's also hearing similar murmurs through his channels I wouldn't bet against it. Things have been slow, but the intel (not clickbait) has largely been consistent thus far.
    jake24 wrote: »

Why? Strictly curious. I am not familiar with him.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

Why? Strictly curious. I am not familiar with him.
    I think it's uninspired, and he's made a few films I thought were garbage.
    Based on these posts...

what is leading you to believe McGuigan
    personally if the announcement is coming next month my guess in all honest

Chris Nolan hear me out He is a bond fan his new film will be out for a week or 2 and him being announced as director would boost more sales in his new film. and I believe he is a strong enough director that Craig would enjoy working with him.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Go away Nolan.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Risico007 wrote: »

This:

McGuigan is Scottish, and he has just worked for EON (Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool), so I'm pretty certain it's Craig/McGuigan for Bond 25.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Go away Nolan.

From the Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, and Dunkirk

A Film by Christopher Nolan.

BOND 25 (insert real title).

:p
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    Go away Nolan.

From the Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, and Dunkirk

A Film by Christopher Nolan.

BOND 25 (insert real title).

:p

AlBundyShootMe_zpsd856c185.png~c200
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Risico007 wrote: »

This:

McGuigan is Scottish, and he has just worked for EON (Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool), so I'm pretty certain it's Craig/McGuigan for Bond 25.

And above all he's cheap and will do as he's told - a far more desirable state of affairs for EON than someone like Nolan.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited July 2017 Posts: 4,043
    I'm more than happy with Paul McGuigan, he doesn't strike me as a Mendes type.

His work on Sherlock was great and hopefully that mean that Arnold will be asked back.
    I know some want new blood but maybe we should save that for next Bond.

A final entry with DA doing the score and I've said it before I think he'll return with a point to prove after having a rest for 2 films, his QOS was his best yet and what would be nice as well as dedicating the film to Cornell, also a new arrangement of YKMN.

This was CR's theme and what Arnold used as he couldn't blast out the JB theme to have it reprised in Bond 25 would be a good way to bookend Craig's tenure.

Not sure what to expect a part of me wants them to finish the ESB arc with maybe a YOLT adaptation but a standalone would be nice.

Just make a film to Craig's strengths not something that looks like they've tried grafting him onto a plotline and tone that would be better suited to RM or PB like they did with SP.

No don't have him moping about but play to Craig's strengths rather than trying to get him to do stuff not suitable of his portrayal. Yes get Waltz back but this time ask him to actually act rather than phone it in.

No more DB5, possibly maybe no specific car for once, we don't necessarily need another car chase, we need something as inventive, tense and balls out brilliant as Bond chasing Mollaka at the beginning of CR.

EON it's over to you.

Leave Nolan for the reboot and a new Bond.
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    So... How about the director of Johnny English (written by Purvis and Wade), or Johnny English Reborn?