No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    There is no end in sight at the moment.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    The big hold up seems to be the distributor issue, which they're working on. I suspect they will sort that out in the ensuing months, and then more wheels will begin to turn.
    Even the rumours have stopped, sigh.

We could start a rumor that I'll be the next Bond. See how long it takes for IMDB Pro to pick it up as fact.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There's no news....
    dummyspit.gif~c200
    ...like bad news.
    Or no news at all.
    tumblr_opfleiE1J61s2wio8o1_500.gif
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    At least that one had a real reason this is BS

This.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,138
    jake24 wrote: »
    But, they haven't even begun production on the first one yet.

First one of what Clark?, Purity? it has been filmed and completed its awaiting a release date.
    What is your source, @SirHilaryBray, out of curiosity?

I work for a Viacom subsidiary we pick an choose what comes out and when, around what others are doing across Amazon, Netflix and regional TV.
    The unthinkable just happened. Apparently, James Bond can really die. http://variety.com/2017/film/news/roger-moore-dead-dies-james-bond-star-1202441217/
    :( well we all knew this day was bound to come I plan on seeing For Your Eyes Only if not tonight then definitely soon and perhaps Live and let die as well
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    nikos78 wrote: »

The DM are also reporting that he is expecting a baby with his new wife. Surely, both of these would rule him out.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    nikos78 wrote: »

The DM are also reporting that he is expecting a baby with his new wife. Surely, both of these would rule him out.

yes, even more so, then
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,090
    If Sam is ruled out for any reason, then the simple fact is they need to find another big name director or Craig will run for the hills.

For what it's worth, the stars are aligning for Craig to return.

Aside from Barbara and him hanging out in London last night. Craig released his condolences to Moore though the official 007 Instagram account:

Clearly he is still firmly within the firm.

I think we are all in agreement that Bond 25 will arrive in 2019. So I guess, aside from the occasional morsel of information. We are still without a studio, director or confirmed lead.

Meanwhile, Annapurna have extended their distribution arm:
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/megan-ellison-annapurna-distribution-1202443003/

Can this please happen
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    tenor.gif
    Maybe because Craig doesn't use social media? A bit of a leap to think that means he is playing Bond again.
    Maybe because Craig doesn't use social media? A bit of a leap to think that means he is playing Bond again.

I'm sorry did you really just say that..... You.... of all people.... just said that.... uhm ok... I am gonna go lie down now
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I think we are all in agreement that Bond 25 will arrive in 2019.
    Dooon't...rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.
    daa17da396171b2a8e0fb332fd465e47.jpg
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I think we are all in agreement that Bond 25 will arrive in 2019.
    Dooon't...rush to judgment on something like that until all the facts are in.
    daa17da396171b2a8e0fb332fd465e47.jpg

Quite literally standing by your man.
    I think Craig will be back I am not willing to give up hope on a 2018 release or at the latest a winter 2019 release (come on guys not every bond film needs to be released in the fall and honestly if we get a great film it could stand toe to toe in July)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    ‘Becoming Bond’ Director Sees George Lazenby and Daniel Craig as Kindred Spirits
    https://variety.com/2017/film/vpage/james-bond-george-lazenby-becoming-bond-daniel-craig-1202441477/

While shooting the most recent commercial, Greenbaum couldn’t resist mentioning “Becoming Bond” to Daniel Craig. “Between takes I saddled up to him and said, ‘By the way, I’m working on this other film about George Lazenby.’ And to my shock, he already knew about the film!”

It seems that a gaffer on Craig’s new Showtime series “Purity” had also worked on “Becoming Bond” and shared some info about the documentary with him.

“When I got over my surprise, I asked Daniel if he’d ever met George before. And he said, ‘I’ve never met him, but I like him.’ And that didn’t surprise me at all, having been around Daniel.”

Greenbaum sees a hint of similarity between the two Bond stars.

“It’s especially clear when you consider Daniel’s recent quotes about playing Bond again. It doesn’t surprise me that he finds a kindred spirit in George Lazenby, a guy who walked away from it all, even though the whole world thought he was crazy. I think Daniel probably identifies with that a little bit.”

Interesting comments from Josh Greenbaum. Does he know something, or is he just going off all of the press surrounding DC's infamous comments?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    ‘Becoming Bond’ Director Sees George Lazenby and Daniel Craig as Kindred Spirits
    https://variety.com/2017/film/vpage/james-bond-george-lazenby-becoming-bond-daniel-craig-1202441477/

While shooting the most recent commercial, Greenbaum couldn’t resist mentioning “Becoming Bond” to Daniel Craig. “Between takes I saddled up to him and said, ‘By the way, I’m working on this other film about George Lazenby.’ And to my shock, he already knew about the film!”

It seems that a gaffer on Craig’s new Showtime series “Purity” had also worked on “Becoming Bond” and shared some info about the documentary with him.

“When I got over my surprise, I asked Daniel if he’d ever met George before. And he said, ‘I’ve never met him, but I like him.’ And that didn’t surprise me at all, having been around Daniel.”

Greenbaum sees a hint of similarity between the two Bond stars.

“It’s especially clear when you consider Daniel’s recent quotes about playing Bond again. It doesn’t surprise me that he finds a kindred spirit in George Lazenby, a guy who walked away from it all, even though the whole world thought he was crazy. I think Daniel probably identifies with that a little bit.”

Interesting comments from Josh Greenbaum. Does he know something, or is he just going off all of the press surrounding DC's infamous comments?

Sounds to me like this guy knows something.
    well onward with the age of Fassbender
    I'm just waiting for the first news. That should bring everyone out of the woodwork once more, in the name of Bond!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Whatever this means, they are releasing something today:
    https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1979041982332560&id=1423443724559058
    MrBond wrote: »
    Whatever this means, they are releasing something today:
    https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1979041982332560&id=1423443724559058

This page isn't available
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Oh, well it's James Bond Radio writing that EON and MGM are going to make an official announcement later this day. Although the news is not related to B25.
    it's the distribution company which has been announced.. Unless they are also going to announce Craig has departed in which case again simple go to Fassbender's house offer him a ton of money to play bond and move on with bond 25.
    A distribution deal announcement would be Bond 25 related.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited May 2017 Posts: 45,489
    Risico007 wrote: »
    it's the distribution company which has been announced.. Unless they are also going to announce Craig has departed in which case again simple go to Fassbender's house offer him a ton of money to play bond and move on with bond 25.

A ton of coins or bills,and if so what denomination?
    Something is about to happen (according to James Bond Radio) and I'm excited!