No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    talos7 wrote: »
    For a number of reasons Craig may be holding back on announcing his status as Bond until the release of this film. One reason would be his not wanting that news to overshadow this film or his performance.

That's actually true, if he announces it then during all of the interviews for this film it will just be" hey what about bond "
    I some how think that will happend anyway
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    For a number of reasons Craig may be holding back on announcing his status as Bond until the release of this film. One reason would be his not wanting that news to overshadow this film or his performance.

That's actually true, if he announces it then during all of the interviews for this film it will just be" hey what about bond "
    I some how think that will happend anyway

It will probably happen
    Equally news that he's to return for a fifth Bond would be free publicity for this film
  • True, and I actually think he'll be getting more Bond questions since the whole thing's a big unknown than he would be if he'd been confirmed months ago (or whenever).
    Yep. He will be asked about it in every interview.

May be he will be more forthcoming. It will give an extra spin to every publicity interview
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited May 2017 Posts: 7,981
    I believe that soon after the cycle for this film has past the Bond/Craig announced will be made; that would be in the Fall.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Given that he's playing such a different role to what we're used to seeing, I imagine many interview questions will imply Bond without directly referencing the characters name, simply by asking what's it like to play a more loose comedic role in comparison to something more structured like Bond or Blomqvist.

And 'Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool' is released in November. Surely, at least a tidbit of official news will have been released by then, with both Daniel and Barbara hitting the promotional trail. Otherwise all of their press will be dominated by Bond 25, which does little to support these two projects which they clearly care about.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Equally news that he's to return for a fifth Bond would be free publicity for this film

Intelligent arguing at work.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I do think that Daniel has a desire to show that he can have success that is completely unrelated to Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I do think that Daniel has a desire to show that he can have success that is completely unrelated to Bond.

It'd be nice to see, he hasn't had much luck outside of Bond.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    May turned out to be one of the leanest months for news in a long time.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    May turned out to be one of the leanest months for news in a long time.
    Ah, yes. The May rundown:

May 2017
    ->At the last minute, the WGA and AMPTP reach a deal, with the writers strike averted. B25 production as well as the rest of the industry will not be affected
    ->Paul McGuigan, who directed the Eon-produced Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool, is tipped as a leading contender to helm B25 according to Indiewire
    ->IMDB Pro questionably lists Christopher Nolan's Syncopy as a B25 production company. The forthcoming Bond film is also listed under the company's "in development" titles
    ->IMDB staff stick to their word regarding Syncopy's involvement with B25 and believe "the information [they] have displayed to be correct."
    ->Syncopy is removed from B25's IMDB Pro page after numerous film sites pick up the story
    ->Christoph Waltz is set to begin work on his directorial debut, "Georgetown" in summer 2017, which may interfere with his schedule if he were to return for a late 2018 release
    ->Broccoli and Wilson's play, The Kid Stays in the Picture, is met with praise and is likely to get a run on Broadway later this year, possibly shifting focus from B25
    A very quiet month re Bond25 indeed.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It will be a very quiet year just like the last one.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We're less than half way through 2017 and it's already been twice as eventful as 2016.
    jake24 wrote: »
    We're less than half way through 2017 and it's already been twice as eventful as 2016.
    A godawful period indeed.
  • RC7RC7

Whip out the Flemings, visit some locations, go to a Bond gig...
    RC7 wrote: »

Don't worry, mate. I'm already occupied with those. ;)
  • RC7RC7

Good!

Good!
    How are you keeping up with the comics, @RC7? Have you checked them out yet?
  • RC7RC7

Good!

I have indeed. Incidentally I've literally just reread the FYEO film tie-in two parter from back in the day (have you read it?), before framing it.

Good!

I have indeed. Incidentally I've literally just reread the FYEO film tie-in two parter from back in the day (have you read it?), before framing it.
    Definitely, alongside the Octopussy Marvel Movie Special. Spectacular additions to the Bond comics, but somehow, I did think it was a step backwards from the two-decades earlier Dr. No in its art department. I loved the pulpy look of it.

The current Dynamite comics are spectacular, as well. Some of the artists just blow you away.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It'd be nice to see, he hasn't had much luck outside of Bond.

Yes an important point and perhaps one that he may want to ponder as he decides whether or not to return.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 17,294

Good!

Have a copy of that one too! Back in 2011 I attended a comic book writers course during a comic convention. The course was led by Howard Chaykin and Mike Perkins. Chaykin did the pencils (and cover - I believe) for that film tie-in. Only after that convention I learned that he had done the artwork for FYEO!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2017 Posts: 7,526

Good!

Definitely, alongside the Octopussy Marvel Movie Special. Spectacular additions to the Bond comics, but somehow, I did think it was a step backwards from the two-decades earlier Dr. No in its art department. I loved the pulpy look of it.

The current Dynamite comics are spectacular, as well. Some of the artists just blow you away.

I love Jason Masters' Bond. From his instagram:

18765666_676623242773_4662717959919782627_n.jpg?oh=c482ec244bd5c6272c82e06da79dc5db&oe=59B89C69

EDIT: @thejasonmasters if you want to follow.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

And that probably is saying alot not really much officially just twice as many rumors though as last year
    2018 is off the table. We would have had grumblings of director & some location scouting by now.
    I think late 2019 is the earliest we get Bond 25. 2020 or 2021 wouldn't surprise me.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So 2018 would also surprise you. Just sayin'.
    Can't imagine we'd see it get released next year. We haven't gotten any concrete news and don't seem to be getting it anytime soon.