No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Getafix wrote: »
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    I think the comparisons with Feige are perfectly fair.

Both he and EON manage big, long-term franchises that seek to build on a literary source, and to draw in popcorn/blockbuster fans as well as to service the picky super-fans. Both have to contend with balancing the formula and the elements that people expect with keeping things fresh after dozens of films. Both are trying to make essentially action/adventure movies (tipped to SciFi for Marvel and to espionage for EON) that are both timeless and contemporary.

In these and other ways, I think you definitely compare EON and Feige.

And at least on that front, he compares pretty favorably. He's juggling far more balls than EON, and although Marvel's had their missteps, he's pretty consistently managed to churn out good product and get bums in seats.

Agree. Well said.

And yes, EON does need short and long term plans. Not concrete long term plans that are intractable, but plans that allow for a things like: a quality, completed script and film to follow up CR; a plan that doesn't allow an auteur to make statements on middle age, projecting Bond into the future after just rebooting him; rolling out Spectre in an interesting and suspenseful way and not retconing it in lame fashion.

Yep.

Eon is a family firm still. May be they need to accept that it's time to professionalise and bring in a professional management team. With The Brocollis and Wilsons as slightly more hands off owners. Hand over long term planning and producing to someone else.

Trust me. You don't get more 'professional' than those currently working hard at Bond HQ. Comparing Bond to Marvel and expecting the latter to follow suit is futile and not why and how 007 films continue to get made.
    ]

Yep.

Eon is a family firm still. May be they need to accept that it's time to professionalise and bring in a professional management team. With The Brocollis and Wilsons as slightly more hands off owners. Hand over long term planning and producing to someone else. [/quote]

Trust me. You don't get more 'professional' than those currently working hard at Bond HQ. Comparing Bond to Marvel and expecting the latter to follow suit is futile and not why and how 007 films continue to get made. [/quote]

Wow. I wonder how boring and disrespectful to the Fleming legacy SP would have gotten without those top professionals at the helm.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,138
    Daniel Craig currently has other contractual commitments. Kings wrapped filming in February, he has promo tour work to do on Lucky Logan, Kings and Purity. I suspect he will announce his return as Bond while on the chat show circuit talking about the above.

Also see this http://release-date.info/tv-series/purity-season-2-confirmed-yet-before-the-premiere/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    But, they haven't even begun production on the first one yet.

First one of what Clark?, Purity? it has been filmed and completed its awaiting a release date.

First one of what Clark?, Purity? it has been filmed and completed its awaiting a release date.
    Oh? I didn't know... Apologies.

Any leaked stills?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,138

Oh? I didn't know... Apologies.

Any leaked stills?

Not of purity, but check out Craigs combat hair in Kings

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5843850/mediaviewer/rm1912486912

Craig looks staunch in this photo http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5843850/mediaviewer/rm352009216
    Oh yeah, seen those.

Thing is, I was under the impression Purity was going to start shooting around July or August. Didn't see any articles or news getting into coverage that it was being filmed... Interesting though that the article above says Craig developed the book for TV, which might very well be that the man is potentially getting into screenwriting. Now, what that could mean for Bond 25?
    Oh yeah, seen those.

Thing is, I was under the impression Purity was going to start shooting around July or August. Didn't see any articles or news getting into coverage that it was being filmed... Interesting though that the article above says Craig developed the book for TV, which might very well be that the man is potentially getting into screenwriting. Now, what that could mean for Bond 25?

Reason he took it on was the fact he was offered an Executive Producers position on it. He always proclaimed that he ended up writing half of QOS himself due to the writers strike
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ha! Craig is no Bond writer. Even the current crop of writers EoN have been using havn't exactly given us anything to scream home about.
    I know he had a hand in writing QoS at some parts, adding "And a writer I am not." But, that was nine years ago. What if he actually did express any interest in that department? Could be an interesting revelation... Not saying it's true and it's out there, just interesting...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Purity completed?? There's no cast here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5471196/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
    Not a single piece of news about the filming anywhere...! ?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

What is your source, @SirHilaryBray, out of curiosity?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,496
    'Purity' was always going to be split into two seasons. As stated in Showtime's official press release:

"Purity will be a 20-episode limited series set to air over the course of two years on SHOWTIME starting in 2018.

Todd Field (Little Children, In the Bedroom) will write, direct and executive roduce, along with executive producers Scott Rudin, Eli Bush, David Hare, Barry Diller, Garrett Basch and Jonathan Franzen. Hare and Franzen will also serve as writers on the series, with Field directing every episode. "
    This purity show is old news
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    We know. I'm more curious about whether or not the first season is completed.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,496
    jake24 wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    We know. I'm more curious about whether or not the first season is completed.

I wouldn't expect to hear any significant news about the first season until after 'Twin Peaks'.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Something just doesn't add up here.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    There is no problem here. If Bond 25 suddenly gains traction for a 2018 release, either Purity's filming of season 1 is delayed until 2019, or Craig drops out of the tv show.
    "suddenly gains traction"

It's too late for that, sonny Jim. Either they have been planning for months and are ready to execute or they're not. No time for things to change around now, without a delay to release.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    "suddenly gains traction"

It's too late for that, sonny Jim. Either they have been planning for months and are ready to execute or they're not. No time for things to change around now, without a delay to release.

So you just confirmed what I said. We don't know what is going precisely behind the scene at EON. If Babs is indeed planning for Bond 25 to come in 2018, and they can't announce it yet, either Craig will drop out of 'Purity' of the filming for 'Purity' will be delayed until 2019.
    Engelbert Humperdinck has thrown his hat into the ring of folks wanting to do a Bond theme.

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/806950/James-Bond-theme-new-song-Engelbert-Humperdinck
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Engelbert Humperdinck has thrown his hat into the ring of folks wanting to do a Bond theme.

express.co.uk/entertainment/films/806950/James-Bond-theme-new-song-Engelbert-Humperdinck
    Now that's a name I've not heard in a while. What's next? Cliff Richard?
    Still nothing of note on this thread then I see?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Here ya go.

[img][/img]musical-notes_zpsjbgjo9pv.jpg
    Even the rumours have stopped, sigh.
    This is becoming worse than the QoS - SF gap.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    At least that one had a real reason this is BS
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    It's late May. I think we'll know things over the course of the summer, so everything is imminent... Craig's return, Distributor, Director and with filming at the start of 2018.